Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Renault Clio III RS

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Must you be explained everything?

Yes I did not type key factor EXACTLY. "I said the key factor you'd buy it for is styling because it looks '(insert words like chic, in, etc here)', the speed bit doesn't blend in much considering that." was written to EXPLAIN to you something that appearently you can't understand.

"You'd buy it for style, not speed"

Pretty obvious what key factor is I think
    ONLY when trying to justify a mis-quote and dont' understand Enghlish very well ( NOT a dig at it not being your first language ). BUT you are wrong on what that sentence MEANS when taken in isolation.

And the language is the issue when you use the words "what I said" in refernce to a previous statment you are actually claiming that is what was said. You probably MEANT to write "what I meant" ... there is HUGE difference and at the root of the on-going discussion

So twice you have tried to defend wrong usage of the English language and I apologise for being so heavy-handed forgetting your age and first langues.
    not at all

quote: "You'd buy it for style, not speed"
    The use of a comma as punctuation permits the first OR the second statement to be trasnposed.
    So by English grammar rules the above is the same as saying "You'd buy it for speed, you'd not buy it for style". And again by English grammar that can EQUALLY be written as "You'd not by it for speed, you'd buy it for style". So by the simple rule you were applying THAT statement should mean it's the lack of spped is the choice. It doesn't tho.
    See the statement gives equal precendence to both parts.
    English grammar can be a bitch !!!
    I did not comment on the actual aspect of performance
    whether it has speed or not is irrelevant as I'm commenting on the style
    You ARE actually making a comment about speed tho. But Englsih leasson has gone on long enough
    Hopefully it's now clear why that's not what your statement was saying.
    very convenient way of opening the "choice porthole" for me
    Well now you can understand why -- as I've realised I was forgetting you are not natural English writing and apologised for not takign that into consideration. But them's the realities
    "what is apparent to me might not be to you"

take into consideration you're not getting something, because the time stated above means my bed is waiting night all
    Well your lack of Englsih comprehension was the issue in the end.
    I've already put my hand up and apologised for not realising that and offering that in the FIRST time I raised the point with you. BUT in my defense if we had to do that for every sentence we'd get nowhere = but I should have by the secodn Did by the third.

See it's NOT hard to put a hand up.

Defending the assinine only makes asses of I
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 03-02-2006 at 06:03 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Can you two please take this elsewhere? This thread is about the Clio!

kids...
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    Can you two please take this elsewhere? This thread is about the Clio!

kids...
    6 posts ...

Coming from a member of SPAM-LAND ROFLMAO

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Clio III to fat....

Still a great car but it now weighs 1190kgs (from memory or something very close) so as usual we see a classic car get fatter and fatter. I have a 2002 which weighs 1035kg. I am so disappointed that it has put on so much weight....as far as i am concerned it has lost the very essence of what the Clio RS has always been about...I wont be upgrading....

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
    I haven't done Latin in 6 years now but...something to do with Ancient times, spontaneous copying and windy cliffs, to die?
    I used to be good at latin too lol

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra
    I haven't done Latin in 6 years now but...something to do with Ancient times, spontaneous copying and windy cliffs, to die?
    I used to be good at latin too lol
    "In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags"

Thanks for that

Being nice since 2007.

Some more pics... (2592x1944)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting review by the Autocar team

Quote Originally Posted by Autocar
    Renault Clio 2.0 Renaultsport 197

What's new?
    Car designers instinctively understand the principle of balance. When they have to replace a package as finely balanced as the Clio 182, it must give them sleepless nights. How do you move things along without fracturing the magic? Here’s Renault’s 29 million Euro solution and, thankfully, it consists of rather more than the standard Clio hatch with a beefy engine, a few spoilers and suspension tweaks.

A development of the previous-generation Clio 182’s unit, the new 2.0-litre motor has been treated to a redesigned variable valve timing system, aimed at improving driveability at all speeds. It develops 194bhp (close to 100bhp per litre) and 159lb ft of torque, and is mated to a close-ratio six-speed gearbox.

Renaultsport has shown admirable restraint with the testosterone spray but there’s little of the Clio III that hasn’t been changed. Even the space for the spare wheel has been filled with the twin tailpipes and their silencers. Those pipes are designed to work the F1-inspired rear diffuser (the first to appear on a hot hatch), which works against lift at the rear.

Renault claims 40kg of downforce at ‘very high speed’ – by which it presumably means 134mph – and says it produces enough to do without a rear spoiler. The overall effect is extremely classy with bags of rear-view mirror presence and a beautifully understated muscularity.

Despite the surprisingly high kerbweight of 1240kg, Renault claims a useful 6.9sec to 62mph and a top speed of 134mph. And that’s simply too good for rivals such as the Ford Fiesta ST and Mini Cooper S.

The performance is delivered with vast enthusiasm but poses a nagging thought: has this thing really got nearly 200bhp? The modest torque and deluxe weight figure provide the clues. Perhaps the tubbiness is down to the standard air-con, electric windows, cruise control, CD player and key card entry. Nevertheless, the 197 is quicker than the 182, taking 6.9sec to 62mph.

Once the 2.0-litre Renaultsport motor gets the bit between its teeth – from 5000rpm to 7250rpm, more or less where the torque and power curves peak – it pulls strongly and with great freedom. The engine never feels particularly brawny, but has real part-throttle zest and a huge appetite for being revved mercilessly.

Mechanically, it stays smooth and sweet all the way to the rather abrupt limiter and, even if the short gearlever doesn’t always snap between slots with consistent accuracy, the six ratios are as closely spaced as a speedwalker’s stride.

Although the basic suspension is carried over from the 182, it’s substantially modified. With a lengthened wheelbase and wider front and rear tracks, the 197’s rear suspension has been stiffened by 25 per cent and fitted with a 30mm anti-roll bar. The sub frame is from the Mégane Renaultsport 225 and includes transverse strengthening for a stiffer front end. Subframe bushes, rear suspension mountings and front shock absorber mountings have also been stiffened.

Moreover, Renaultsport has used a double-axis strut system which it claims makes for a big reduction in the effects of torque-induced forces acting on the car as it accelerates through a corner. The steering axis is independent of the damping system.

Braking hardware is based on the Mégane 225’s: Brembo four-pots acting on 312mm discs at the front and 300mm discs at the rear. The ESP, which comes with traction control, can be fully disconnected.

What's it like?
    The result is intriguing. Objectively, the 197’s dynamic reach completely out-classes the 182’s, most vividly through the astonishingly successful elimination of torque steer, the tenacity of its grip and its general economy of motion. The 197 rolls less than its fabulous forbear yet the ride is more supple still. The stiffness of the bodyshell, teamed with what appears to be nigh-on damping perfection and polyurethane bump stops, make a big difference on a bumpy road which the 197 treats with pliant indifference. Similarly impressive is the suppression of suspension bump-thump, tyre roar and, wind noise. And the brakes – powerful, firm-pedalled and fade-free – seem more than up to the job.

Should I buy one?
    It’s a minor triumph for Renault and Renaultsport. The Clio 197 is, in nearly every respect, an exquisitely judged hot hatch – tasteful, quick, agile and grippy – and, at £15,995, undoubtedly fine value. But something has gone missing. At the end of a hard drive, you step out feeling full of admiration but curiously untouched by adrenalin. In the 182, you wouldn’t get out until the tank ran dry.
    And thanks for the pictures again guys, really like the look of this. Subtle, but still aggressive.
    Porsche!

Top speed is a bit low... and the weight is a killer.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    The headlights make the car look dumb
    I think it has lost some of the best things about it that made the mrk 2 the best renault ever.
    By the way your right about the head lamps it makes the car sux.
    Still think its good anyway

Why is that we will NEVER see the clio V6 again?

were the 2 previous models not popular eneough?
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    Why is that we will NEVER see the clio V6 again?

were the 2 previous models not popular eneough?
    Apparently Renault has decided that the regular front wheel drive RS is more than enough. They couldn't be more wrong...

Though ther are said to be working on a rear wheel drive sports coupe (which could probably be badged as an Alpine) based on the 350 Z platform, to take advantage of their F1 successes.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Though ther are said to be working on a rear wheel drive sports coupe (which could probably be badged as an Alpine) based on the 350 Z platform, to take advantage of their F1 successes.
    if they wanted to capitalise on their f1 success, they should have released it this year, would have sold well i think

EDIT: forgot to upload
    Last edited by Street_Dreamer; 10-24-2006 at 04:03 AM.

Renault Clio III Renault F1 Team R27

The Clio Renault F1 R27, an entry into the World of Formula 1

To mark the international launch of the new R27, Renault Sport Technologies will present the Clio Renault F1 Team in Amsterdam today. This will be a unique opportunity for enthusiasts to celebrate the achievements of the two-fold world champion Formula 1 Team with the unveiling of a unique car packed with sports features and technologies. Offering sensations of pure
    performance, passion and driving pleasure, the special edition Clio Renault Sport asserts its identity across a unique look and sporty dynamics, boosted by range of equipment drawn from the best of competition vehicles.

Asserting the Renault F1 Team identity
    With its red brake callipers, its new Sirius yellow colouring and exclusive Renault F1 Team and World Champion markings, this special edition of the Clio Renault Sport will be immediately identified with its older sibling, the Mégane Renault F1 Team. The interior features Récaro seats, and the numbered plate
    evokes its unique sports character.

Chassis and settings for ultimate efficiency

Clio Renault F1 Team R27 rests on a Cup chassis. BeBop 17’’ Dark Anthracite wheels provide more sensation and road-holding accuracy. Its base is lower than the Clio Renault Sport, efficiency is improved by adjusted shock-absorbers and specific springs. This means more performance and extreme pleasure.

The general public will find more details on this Special Edition Clio Renault F1 Team R27 at the next Geneva Car Show. Test drives and commercial marketing at a later stage.

Renault Clio Renault F1 Team R27 #1
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (807.0 KB, 37 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (462.0 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (480.1 KB, 57 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (476.4 KB, 50 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (574.0 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (642.2 KB, 48 views)
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information