Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5

Hey guys my buddy made a video of me drifting the whole Cape Ring North, I hope you all watch and enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhEC9_SOZCE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhEC9_SOZCE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Does anyone have any tips on how to get information about track conditions before you start a weather change race?

I haven't done too many weather change races, but the computer drivers have the uncanny ability to forecast weather such that all the computer drivers are using the correct set of tires no matter the weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraTT1 View Post
    Hey guys my buddy made a video of me drifting the whole Cape Ring North, I hope you all watch and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhEC9...e_gdata_player
    You signed up to waste our time with that?

I bought a 320GB PS3 and GT5 was free with my purchase.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Twin-Ring Motegi short course has been unlocked for GT Academy 2012 as the final round of the competition....top 32 time from each region will be invited to the next round...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I played GT5 for the first time. I had played GT4 when my brother had the original PS3 in 2007. I really enjoyed using the Zonda.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

New DLC is out....Motegi in 4 configuration for $5. Also Scion FR-S is added for free.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I fired up Gran Turismo over the weekend to do... some cheating.

I made a secondary account where I sent gift car tickets, and I saved the file on a USB drive. I'll then be sending gift car tickets to my main account ad infinitum. And then I load up the old save file so I can keep sending them. You can't gift cars worth over 1 million, but you can gift 1 car ticket per day.

On a side note, does anyone have the Polyphony Digital F1 car? It may be realistic, but I'm running super soft tires and they never seem to heat up, fronts and rears. Ever. I can brake hard for a corner, the front tires warm up slightly, and then they cool off before I have enough time to give it enough gas even leave the corner. Maybe I don't drive enough so I suck, but it's still pretty ridiculous. My tires stay light blue throughout a race.

I never had any trouble in GT4 driving that F1 car- gripped like crazy once the tires warmed up.

Also, I feel like tire wear is much more prolonged in GT5 than it ever was in GT4. I'm done with almost every race before the endurance races, and I don't ever remember needing to pit.

And Polyphony also added a couple new cars, not as a pack, but for 99c each.

Subaru BR-Z (This one is ridiculous- they can give us a FR-S for free but not the same Subaru?)
    Honda HSV GT-01 (Which I really want, but won't buy because I don't believe in DLCs and I don't trust Sony with my credit card.)
    Nissan GT-R N24 Edition... which I believe is a rehash of another very similar car we can already buy for $500,000 in the Nissan dealership?

Edit- I think it's a GT Academy version

Jeebus, what happened to 5 car 99c packs that they used to do for DLCs in the past?

Edit- And it sounds incredibly generic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdINXetTfeg"]Gran Turismo 5 Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) 11 (PS3) - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 10-05-2012 at 08:21 PM.

The tire wear is not enabled until you are in the endurance race....

Tire generally needs a lap or 2 to get to the operating temp(cold is dark blue, working temp is lighter blue, red is overloaded/locked/slip, keeping the tire overworked will turn it pink)
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    (cold is dark blue, working temp is lighter blue, red is overloaded/locked/slip, keeping the tire overworked will turn it pink)
    What are you talking about here?!

In GT5 on screen there are 4 blocks representing the tire...thats what NSX was referring to.
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The tire wear is not enabled until you are in the endurance race....

Tire generally needs a lap or 2 to get to the operating temp(cold is dark blue, working temp is lighter blue, red is overloaded/locked/slip, keeping the tire overworked will turn it pink)
    Interesting. I think that they are enabled in the seasonal events however.

In GT5 on screen there are 4 blocks representing the tire...thats what NSX was referring to.
    It was a double entendre.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Interesting. I think that they are enabled in the seasonal events however.
    Not most of the time...if the tire wear is on you'll see the bar gets lower...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I have been a fan since the first gran turismo. I even bought PS2 when the newer edition came out just to play it. It is certainly a game that has the true car guy or girl in mind when it was designed. I have to say it is almost impossible to play games that are older as the bar has been raised so many times in overal physics and dynamics of the game. They have gotten everything right and only seem to improve with each installment.

Do you remember there was once a time when you could not drift a car in a video game because they did not allow the dynamics of actually losing control of a car to that degree.
    1994 Mustang Cobra
    -336 Billet Stroker
    -80mm BB Turbo
    -TH400
    -AEM EMS w/ full wideband setup

Horsepower Junky and Car Nut
    http://www.RearWheelHorsepower.com

Thread Information