Page 391 of 500 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 7489

Thread: Galah Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    EDIT: I think I'd look at something more like this Nota Saab 9-5 1998
    Aren't those things basically a Vectra in a party dress?

By local reputation the Vectra was a really shit car to own, and by default this SAAB .. I'd avoid like the plague

Thats the 9-3 thats a Vectra in a Party Dress. (which was technically a Cavalier in a party dress....shudder)

If my budget would stretch this would be sweet Mercedes 300Td

I presume you know the guy

At the moment though A Car isn't my priority....I must save up for an overseas jaunt next year....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thats the 9-3 thats a Vectra in a Party Dress. (which was technically a Cavalier in a party dress....shudder)

If my budget would stretch this would be sweet Mercedes 300Td

I presume you know the guy

At the moment though A Car isn't my priority....I must save up for an overseas jaunt next year....
    Yeah, seen that. Locally unique being factory turbo (not the best Merc donk, if truth be told)

A work collegue recently sold her similar-model 300D sedan with long reg etc and .. get this .. $10,000 in receipts for a full M-B-rebuilt motor .. for $1,400 .. an absolute pittance!

I was tempted myself ... as, perversely, I am by this. Could be a bargain imo
    allclassifieds

Yep, best to save up for a life. Cars are two to the dozen these days
    Last edited by nota; 08-28-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Jeeps are never a bargain. you could get one for free and it will somehow end up costing you more money than you ever imagined.

Jeeps are never a bargain. you could get one for free and it will somehow end up costing you more money than you ever imagined.
    LOL I forgot your Jeep 'history'.

But dead-set these old chassis models are a world apart from the newer ones. Semi-collectible to a small band of die-hards. Anyway...

Thanks for correcting me on the 9/5 SAAB, which indeed looks orrite. Its late, time to go 5/9. Cheers

My knowledge of Swedish cars scares me sometimes.

Like my Knowledge of Pens.

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    $750 for a W123 tail light?!?!

Tell him he's dreaming!

Remember this guy? Give him a call and save yourself $650~$700
    Australia's leading Mercedes-Benz website

Or this outfit
    Mercedes benz parts, Audi car parts, Volkswagen parts, Mercedes auto parts
    (see "need a tail light" pic, there's a pair of W123 lights sitting on the shelf)

Yeah I did tell him he was in fact, dreaming ... that was from Mr Merc himself, a factory new part... haven't got around to contacting the first guy but its on my too do list as soon as I have some $$$$
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

this
    goddamn.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    Have a few V's and spark up. So its going to be a fairmont-lane ghia.
    Pretty much. I originally was only gunna swap the seats, dash and front doorskins but then i realised its just the window frame of the rear doors that are different between the Falcon and Fairlane, and except for 2 of the screws lining up completely differently the rear skins swap over fine.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    this
    goddamn.
    I hear ya. I don't even want to think about how much money we spent on the Grand Cherokee...right now its just sitting down at the mechanics has been for a good month or two. nothing wrong with it right now but better not tempt fate dads done the sensible thing and bought a diesel hilux surf.

anyone got any idea why my diamante cuts out sometimes on cold starts? it'll rev up but when it drops back down it tends to cut out unless I give it a bit of throttle.

So it runs fine when warmed up, and you encounter the problem purely during cold starts?

Spaz at a guess it might be something to with the cold-start mixture enrichment on the EFI.

But more likely I think to be the fast-idle solenoid not activating. This holds the throttle open just a tad until its warm. AFAIK this solenoid also activates when the A/C compressor is on, so the idle-speed doesn't drop under the load of the A/C pump when it is is engaged.

Only presuming the above, not sure on Magnas but the solenoid is commonly used in other makes of car. If it is this, it'll be a cheap and easy repair, fixed by replacement or maybe even just a wire fallen off?

Try turning the A/C on and off and see if the idle speed is ok...

(you might even be able to hear it, or discern the change in idle, when the solenoid cuts in)

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Pretty much. I originally was only gunna swap the seats, dash and front doorskins but then i realised its just the window frame of the rear doors that are different between the Falcon and Fairlane, and except for 2 of the screws lining up completely differently the rear skins swap over fine.
    So once you get the fairlane interior sorted out, any plans on the exterior ?, or just pretty stock standard outside ?.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    So once you get the fairlane interior sorted out, any plans on the exterior ?, or just pretty stock standard outside ?.
    Probably gunna track down some lip spoilers front and back, but other than that pretty stock with matte or low gloss black paint and black wheels
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    There was an episode of Scrapheap Challenge in which someone couldn't open a door on a vehicle they wanted to use. They ended up using a pickaxe to open it. So that's an option...
    Considering it. Not like a Jeep needs a door anyways...

Hey, until I got cheated onthe transmission I never had trouble with mine, it was cheaper than my friends camry. And really 200,000 miles on oversized tires abusing the (auto, sadly enough) transmission offroad isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    I hear ya. I don't even want to think about how much money we spent on the Grand Cherokee...right now its just sitting down at the mechanics has been for a good month or two. nothing wrong with it right now but better not tempt fate dads done the sensible thing and bought a diesel hilux surf.

anyone got any idea why my diamante cuts out sometimes on cold starts? it'll rev up but when it drops back down it tends to cut out unless I give it a bit of throttle.
    Seriously, and no offense intended, Grand Cherokees aren't jeeps. And they do suck, horribly. My aunt owns one (the one where the alignments is horrible, not the one where the suspension breaks all the time) and she's been pouring money down it from day one. But she's one of those that bought an SUV with all the offroad options then won't even drive it on gravel roads because she doesn't want to get it dirty, so her powers of intelligence aren't that impressive to start with. Sold her ZR1 to get it, too.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    So it runs fine when warmed up, and you encounter the problem purely during cold starts?

Spaz at a guess it might be something to with the cold-start mixture enrichment on the EFI.

But more likely I think to be the fast-idle solenoid not activating. This holds the throttle open just a tad until its warm. AFAIK this solenoid also activates when the A/C compressor is on, so the idle-speed doesn't drop under the load of the A/C pump when it is is engaged.

Only presuming the above, not sure on Magnas but the solenoid is commonly used in other makes of car. If it is this, it'll be a cheap and easy repair, fixed by replacement or maybe even just a wire fallen off?

Try turning the A/C on and off and see if the idle speed is ok...

(you might even be able to hear it, or discern the change in idle, when the solenoid cuts in)
    I just tried turning the air con and off at idle and apart from a very slight rise when I turn the air con off there was no problems with idle speed. engine was still warm though had just driven it home from work so I'll try tomorrow morning as well. cheers for the help!

wwgkd....she sold a ZR1 for a Grand Cherokee? is she clinically insane?!

Thread Information