Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox360 vs. PS3

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PrevlingPushrod
    This is the Ultimatecarpage right? And the PS2 has the most racing games out of all the consoles. So why would we what to play Mario Brothers and Donkey Kong? If you can name a greater game then GT4, we would love to hear it.
    what about the PC? we have wheels with forcefeedback, and high resolutions and framerates, we have very realistic driving games, eg GTL/GTR, LFS, GPL, and also many would argue that GT4 is unrealistic!

OK its safe to assume that pushrod was wrong...and radoman you were a bit harsh on him...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Although, a rumour is going around about a sony developer saying that the 360 is better than the PS3.
    As you said that is always the case with Sony.
    They dont' have an equivalnet of DirectX and typically have poor developemtn support libraries.
    So for a ddeveloper thaty are harder to use and much harder to get the best out of.
    Until a few years experiences and teh develoeprs build their own libraries and find the tricks.
    Thats a major issue that microsoft have to address. Its too late to change it though, the would have to modify the drive to incorporate HD-DVD (the next gen disk that they support)
    MS have already indicated they will be offering and external drive for next gen. Removes the "upgrade" problems - the advantages of usign standard interfaces You will have both !
    Revolution!!! Its using a control system that gets the user involved, and there is alot more potential for games using real world movements.
    Thats yet to be proven.
    The plug in second "stick" is kind of admintting defeat that they dont' ahve a one-0for-all controller. It is clearly goign to be great for hitting/slahsing games. But beyond that questionable on driving, flying etc. The MS Sidewinder "thingy" was all right but was too turign for long flights, races etc.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

OK fanboys, I will give you my opinion and if anyone flames me for it i will stab them

The 360 is an excellent console. There no doubt about that. It has the specs on paper to compete with the PS3, although specs alone cant decide which is better, unless you test them againt each other. I want to stress, ITS NOT JUST ABOUT GRAPHICS. In a graphics war, the Xbox 360 will most likely win at the time the ps3 is launched, for one reason alone...the developers have had more time working with the console. Remember the first ps2 games? They werent brilliant. It will take atleast a year before you consistently see next gen looking games out of the ps3.

When the ps3 is launched micro$oft will cut the price of the 360, making it better value.

Really, it all comes down to the games. And this is where the PS3 will excel. Whilst microsoft will be using standard DVDs for the 360, the ps3 will harness blu ray. This will give them an enormous amount of space to store a game. As a result, the games will either be BIGGER or less compressed, helping with the graphics. So microsoft have a big problem there. The extent of their problem can be seen through their GTA style free roming game, (Ive forgotten its name...ill have to check IGN...) Anyway, this game is styled to kill GTA, but it is infact SMALLER than san andreas. This is a symptom of poor storage. The next GTA, most likely to be called 'GTA4' (If you dont get why i can explain it) is already rumoured to be based in europe, and sprawl accross 6 giant cities, making san andreas look tiny. Although its a rumour, its not hard to believe. They have so much disk space to play with.
    So when it comes to potential in the games department, the PS3 looks like a winner.

Although, a rumour is going around about a sony developer saying that the 360 is better than the PS3. Its only a rumour, but you cant dismiss it just because you dont like it. The 360 may well be better than the PS3, although it doesnt look likely, as the PS3 is having final touches made as we speak, and they wouldnt be keen on releasing a product that is inferior to something released a year prior.

It is also confirmed now, that the PS3 will have an Xbox live equivalent. Although sony has little experience inthis area...so they will either improve on the system by microsoft...or make something that leaves us begging. The whole online issue is great fuel for fanboys.

All in all, there is no doubt that sony will deliver a console with more horsepower than the 360. They will also have a greater capacity to store games. Whats the point of a next gen system using last gen's media storage. Thats a major issue that microsoft have to address. Its too late to change it though, the would have to modify the drive to incorporate HD-DVD (the next gen disk that they support) If they did modify the drive, new games wouldnt work on old 360s. Then again they could release a free upgrade..but that would really hurt their bank account...and not everyone would be able to get it done to their console for various reasons...in short it would never work.

These 2 systems are truly next gen, but one system is more INNOVATIVE than both. Revolution!!! Its using a control system that gets the user involved, and there is alot more potential for games using real world movements. Theres also another secret about the controller that nintendo hasnt revealed yet...they are teasing us...

The big winner with the revo, it wil be priced UNDER $300US. Its going to be very affordable, and have something that sony and microsoft cant offer. (Sony is currently doing a major overhaul of their controller which we saw at tokyo last year, so who knows what they will do with theirs...the changes are huge though as the controller was absent from CES this year. The PS3 also got the 'conceptual design' sign put infront of it, so we might see changes to the look of it...but id say its only the rear ports that will change)

The one problem with the revo though, is the fact that it will come down to the games, and nintendo arent always a winner on the games front...but i cant wait for the next gen resident evil with the realistic control You might say the revo has crap hardware...and yes it does..compared to the PS3 mother processors. But the gamecube was less powerful than the ps3 and still pumped out better graphics. Think about it.

But when it comes down to it, the PS3, with its better hardware (on paper), better storage medium looks like the winner of the comparo. But it hasnt been released and wont be for some time. So we will have to wait until the end of the year to get a true graphics and games comparison. Paper specs reveal little if anything at all. Even if the 360 is on par with the ps3, the next gen GTA will blow them away...

you make some fine points, but there are some things to be considered. Price was a huge factore pre-psp launch. Post psp launch we have witnessed a significant number of sales of the psp to lay one hell of a punch on nintendo's phat ass. The revolution, a great concept surrounds its development and i have quiet confidence they will produce a fine product. However, saying that, there are factors to bear in mind. The 360 has already been released and it's proven to be a great console, the ps3 will sooner or later launch. This means that two, very powerful, very versatile and stylish consoles will be on the market. Nintendo have to fight the battle knowing they cannot empahsise specs or general graphical prowress. Nor can they highlight any online service because we all know too well that Microsoft has it in the bag - any Sony online service will still be trumped, they dont have the experience nor the networking intelligence when compared to MS.

Revolution will have to hope to hell that the controller will be the draw card. As Matra pointed out, there are limitations in its design and it isn't a one in all controller either. It could spark an all out i-pod style accessory list, with attachments here and there for different games. There are other gimmicks such as being able to play nes, snes games for free, but in the end both Sony and Microsoft know that if they have done one thing correctly, its that they have signifcantly boosted power into there new consoles to push the graphical envelope further.

The revolution is simply a xbox 1.5. THe controller can only go so far. The 360 will always be the console for terrific FPS - the controller is suited for it. It will also be the console for true online console gaming. Sony's PS3 will no doubt have the greater RPG titles and games that will appeal to the asian market as well. They will have strong third party support and no doubt the bragging rights over the specs that we see on paper (even though they mean diddly squat).

The nail in the coffin is first and third party support. MS and Sony have this as thier trump card. There are numerous developers working for MS and Sony respectively and this means terrific games coming out of either the 360 or ps3. Don't forget the Third party titles, they are the strong point of both Sony and MS. Revolution will lack these. News has been around of developers pulling out of Nintendo's hold and becoming third party or withdrawing completely.

I know, bad grammer and english skills, its 4 in the morning and im half pissed, but iv'e made my point. Revolution will be the loser in all of this. Price? PSP is expensive as fook, yet people still buy it over Nintendo DS. Controller? It has its limitations, and the gimmick will only last so long.

Who is the eventual winner? The consumer. Dear gosh! We get to see this war rage on and see great games and products released for all of us to enjoy. It's simply a terrific oppurtunity to see developers work hard to push past the limits and give us something to enjoy and remember.

Its not over till the fat lady sings, GTA will huff n puff, but Halo3 will bring the house down.
    Last edited by Blitz_; 01-28-2006 at 08:30 AM.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Hasn't the ds far out sold the psp around the world
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

When can i get a preorder on a PS3?
    UCP biggest mustang lover

...The next GTA, most likely to be called 'GTA4' (If you dont get why i can explain it) ...
    I dont get it.... can you explain please?
    Porsche!

I can explain it; GTA: Vice City was NOT "GTA4". It was the second in the "3" trilogy, and San Andreas was the third game in that sub series. Basically, GTA 3.1 and GTA 3.2.

Grand Theft Auto 4 would be the next game in the Grand Theft Auto series as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    When can i get a preorder on a PS3?
    you won't be able to. once the sony press machine moves into action and promises the world, then sony themselves will realise they can't deliver, and leave the console business for ever and ever.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

your just jelous coz chris beat the pants off you in GT4 @ my place clutch

and i won my 500 bucks back
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    I can explain it; GTA: Vice City was NOT "GTA4". It was the second in the "3" trilogy, and San Andreas was the third game in that sub series. Basically, GTA 3.1 and GTA 3.2.

Grand Theft Auto 4 would be the next game in the Grand Theft Auto series as a whole.
    Im thinking they might redo London 1969, maybe integrate some of mainland Europe in there too. If its anything else it'll practically be 100% new
    I am the Stig

Which is quite silly in my opinion since GTA2 should most definately be called a subseries to the first one concidering as many (or as few) changes were made between 1&2 as between 3 & VC & SA... Oh well. They're just numbers anyway.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

^^^ Yup. I thought of that too. But, that's Rockstar for ya.

For the record, the three cities available in the original GTA were Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas (San Andreas was a city, not a state). That's where that came from.

I still have the original EGM review for that game somewhere... it's amazing, it got like some 6's and 7's. Vice City got Perfect 10's all-round.

Well the original GTA was fun, for a while, with many never before seen concepts and ideas... 7's in reviews would be quite accurate if you ask me. Even if I liked it back then it had plenty of faults.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be some slang or pun that meant something rude. Ah well, Im sure there'll be plenty of that in-game!
    Porsche!

Thread Information