Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Russia invading Georgia

Vietnam represented an ideological threat to the US. never an invasion or attack threat.

in fact, the only time Soldiers engaged was on Vietnamese territory.

And one could argue that 1492 was the first time the United States was invaded
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Although it appears the Russians have not violated the cease fire right now I believe the oil pipeline that runs through Georgia transporting Caspian Oil is a big motive for the Russian invasion. It is the only pipeline in the region that Russia does not have control over and it has pissed them off for years that Georgia allowed BP to build the pipeline outside of the Russian sphere of influence. Any oil or natural gas going to Europe outside of their control weakens their influence.

Conflict in Georgia narrows oil options for West - International Herald Tribune
    I would recall that Russia is the largest importer of minerals, including oil. And ways of delivering enough. The pipeline in Georgia, no longer plays any role for the Russians. For oil fighting other countries that buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    And one could argue that 1492 was the first time the United States was invaded
    There was no United States in 1492.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Uhh you started the war foo.
    All because of a shipping error. Damn shipping company didn't get us the letter in time.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    There was no United States in 1492.
    A very good point. But if we're talking land mass, it still stands
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

looks like the ruskies are holding onto the territories they have gained.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Wait, actually, the United States was attacked by Britain in the War of 1812. They marched onto the East Coast and burnt down part of the White House. So...yes, that's probably the only time (up until the excursion of a Mexican rebel) the US has invaded.
    not so my friend,US was invaded in WWII do you know what sate it was???I am sure you know.You just simply forgot right,i will check later to see how well you know your history... sorry forgot, name the country that invaded US and which state....
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    not so my friend,US was invaded in WWII do you know what sate it was???I am sure you know.You just simply forgot right,i will check later to see how well you know your history... sorry forgot, name the country that invaded US and which state....
    German subs landed on your east coast...

Well actually the Vikings discovered and settled in North America back in the 10th century. However, they decided it was a bit rubbish so went home again.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; 08-15-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    German subs landed on your east coast...
    yes true, but i am talking about "on-land",come on bro i am sure you know this. P.S. i am not trying to be a smart-@ss,i am just quietest{spell}? to see if you guys know this...

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    Oh right. Sheet... I should really take my brain in for the 100,000 mi service soon.

But I guess you neglected to mention the other time we were invaded during the war- a Japanese balloon killed a teacher and I think one of his students.

edit- Technically, Hawaii was not a state until 1959. As only our bases were attacked, it was only an American territory that was attacked; not the United States of America itself. Therefore, my original point still stands (well, I also include 9/11, but I should have said the 1st too).
    Last edited by kingofthering; 08-15-2008 at 01:48 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It was more "island off the coast" than actual land mass. Hell, it was more Cuba than US.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    It was more "island off the coast" than actual land mass. Hell, it was more Cuba than US.
    ok here it is,Japanese forces landed on Attu and the neighboring island of Kiska Alaska on June 7, 1942, in the only land invasion of the United States during World War II.

Name any country - let alone a small "bitch-@ass" one - which has literally attacked the USA since WWII?

Can you name all those small "bitch-@ss" countries which the US has attacked, merely since WWII?

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Name any country - let alone a small "bitch-@ass" one - which has literally attacked the USA since WWII?

Can you name all those small "bitch-@ss" countries which the US has attacked, merely since WWII?
    LOL!!! where in !@#$%&Z*l did you come-from! go take a chill-pill.

Thread Information