Thread: More Import VS Domestic Arguing!

More Import VS Domestic Arguing!

I was just wondering why is it that there is so many people that feel such a need to bash on other people's car because it isn't the same brand as their's? Now i'm a import fan myself, and I don't go around telling people what kind of car they should drive. I think it would be boring if everyone had the same car. I'm not saying that domestic car follower's go around telling everyone their car is better. But why do some people feel the need to do that? Now i know someone is gonna come back at me with some insulting comment about imports, so I give them permission to do that. As I am a fairly good debater!

Where I live all our cars are imports, so I love import cars, but not all of them. It is actually stupid to attach a nationality tag to a car. It should be judged on its own merits.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Amen to that man!!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaflaat
    Amen to that man!!

did not want to kill your thread, because I know that in the USA this topic is of some concern.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Same here; 90% of cars on sale in the UK are imports, so I don't have anything against them.

However, most American cars are ill-suited to the requirements of British driving, and therefore not as 'great' as some American people think.

Some people tend to get upset when this fact is pointed out to them.
    Thanks for all the fish

Yeah, import cars are in many cases better made, perform better, and have a higher status than many home vehicles. In fact, the only genuine cars still being made in Britain (no brand co-operation, like Ford with Jag & Aston) are TVR, Jensen, Bristol, Morgan, and Marcos.... the great British institution of Britain dominating their own car market is long dead... it was back in the 90's, I believe. Oh, just to clear something up, is Rover independent or not? The only import cars that are looked down on in Britain are American ones, with cheapo plastics and disappointing interiors.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Yeah, import cars are in many cases better made, perform better, and have a higher status than many home vehicles. In fact, the only genuine cars still being made in Britain (no brand co-operation, like Ford with Jag & Aston) are TVR, Jensen, Bristol, Morgan, and Marcos.... the great British institution of Britain dominating their own car market is long dead... it was back in the 90's, I believe. Oh, just to clear something up, is Rover independent or not? The only import cars that are looked down on in Britain are American ones, with cheapo plastics and disappointing interiors.
    There are also dozens of kit car manufacturers producing cars for a fraction of the cost of equivalent performance 'badge' cars
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I notice you didn't answer the question... lol.... and I'm talking the big boys, who have proper incomes and don't live off ripping off Caterham 7's. You know, the ones who have the balls to make their own designs. Like Noble, who I forgot to include in the first statement.....

I notice you didn't answer the question... lol.... and I'm talking the big boys, who have proper incomes and don't live off ripping off Caterham 7's. You know, the ones who have the balls to make their own designs. Like Noble, who I forgot to include in the first statement.....
    Suggest you read about kits before thinking they're all Caterham "copies" - which BTW is a LOTUS copy

Radical
    Ultima
    GTM
    Sumo
    and LOTS LOTS more

You might just recognise the first 2 !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Damn.

MGRover is independant, although it looks like it will be taken over by some Chinese car company.

Noble, the all-British sports car.
    Apart from the bits made in South Africa...
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information