Thread: Kuwaiti company buys stake in Prodrive

Kuwaiti company buys stake in Prodrive

Investment Dar Company with a 40 percent stake in Prodrive

11-18-08

Kuwaiti company buys stake in Prodrive. | WRC News | Crash.Net
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

not so bad in the current times.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    not so bad in the current times.
    They´ll probably stay off the day-to-day aspects of it and just see that their money is well invested, wait for their stocks (i.e. the company) to be worth a lot more, sell and make a healthy profit.

I fail to see any negative aspect in this . Why "not so bad"?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    They´ll probably stay off the day-to-day aspects of it and just see that their money is well invested, wait for their stocks (i.e. the company) to be worth a lot more, sell and make a healthy profit.

I fail to see any negative aspect in this . Why "not so bad"?
    not so bad is "English" for very good. (it is called "understatement")
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I agree that is a good thing for both involved. It will give the Kuwaiti company more capital and everything else. While giving Prodrive more money to play with and still be able to do things the way they want, because like what teatako said... They will probably just monitor how there investment is working, and stay out of the day to day operations.

It's a good deal for both.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

i bet those are the same kuwaiti who bought aston martin together with david richards
    12 cylinders or walk!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    I think for anyone to invest in a company they need to see a return, and should a return not present itself they would push for one, so if prodrive is in their minds under-preforming they can potentially push the company forward on product release and development when otherwise they would have gone back to the drawing board for revisions. I mean at the same time the push can be good for guiding the company forward, only time will tell.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    i bet those are the same kuwaiti who bought aston martin together with david richards
    not so difficult to bet, it is actually said in the article...

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    not so bad is "English" for very good. (it is called "understatement")
    Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought "not too bad" was the understatement and "not so bad" was usually followed by "after all". Perhaps I should visit ultimatelanguagepage.com more often
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Both of them mean "it coudl be worse"
    Dutch and Spanish speakers debating the proper use of English.
    Only on-line
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Please tell me this means the P2 will be produced now. Ah, unfortunately I know my hope is an excercise in futility.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what new endeavors they will undertake with the added financial backing.
    Due to the regrettable fanboyish qualities of my username... you can just call me tim.

oh that's nice

Thread Information