Thread: Dodge quits NASCAR truck series

Dodge quits NASCAR truck series

Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Where is the automotive relevance in NASCAR?
    I think that in many series where you aren't running cars similar to street cars there is little automotive relevance in the way you mean it.

I don't care that much as long as the races are entertaining.

Anyways, I'm not sure how wise it was/is to be spending money on lower level series in NASCAR like the trucks of even Nationwide because I'm not sure how well they do to sell cars.

I even wonder what racing in the NEXTEL cup does to sell cars - I frankly wonder what any racing series does to sell cars.

being a long time resident of the south, to many people who you are a fan of will determine the car you drive. earnhardt fans wouldnt think about driving a ford or dodge. its just the way it is. with their presence in the sport, they draw sales. as shallow as it is, it's true.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think that in many series where you aren't running cars similar to street cars there is little automotive relevance in the way you mean it.
    There seems to be few high-profile series that have the brakes as the only advanced technology.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

I don't care that much as long as the races are entertaining.

Anyways, I'm not sure how wise it was/is to be spending money on lower level series in NASCAR like the trucks of even Nationwide because I'm not sure how well they do to sell cars.

I even wonder what racing in the NEXTEL cup does to sell cars - I frankly wonder what any racing series does to sell cars.
    You have no idea how much racing pedigree has to deal with a certain Italian automaker then...

Racing is important. I just don't think that NASCAR is important.

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    There seems to be few high-profile series that have the brakes as the only advanced technology.
    This only matters if you want it to matter. As it has been discussed elsewhere, there are probably tons of people that could care less what cars are reacing as long as the racing is good.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You have no idea how much racing pedigree has to deal with a certain Italian automaker then...
    I think Ferrari would do pretty well if they never had raced. I did read that Ferrari sold tons of cars in China following the Chinese GP - so I guess now that F1 is expanding into new markets it is showing off these cars to new audiences.

Thread Information