Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Stig

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    This sounds like a difficult situation for him to be in, but plainly if this is his bank or bust move I've got some bad news for him - I don't think anyone really cares what he has to say.

I, for one, Don't. I just think it's a textbook example of what not to do when your role relies on you wearing a helmet - negotiate for more money, don't kill your chances of making more.
    do you know whether the negotiations for more money did not already fail?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's presumable that the negotiations weren't to his liking otherwise he would have stuck with his BBC contract, surely. I understand the ability to cash in on TG, and his inability to do that without being unmasked. I just think;

A) he's already missed the Fathers Day book release time and is now going to rely on Christmas for sales.
    And
    B) By announcing his status he immediately nullifies it - no doubt White Stig is not to be seen in the series anymore.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    B) By announcing his status he immediately nullifies it - no doubt White Stig is not to be seen in the series anymore.
    let's see how they will deal with that....I think nobody will step in the void, without getting at least proper payment.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well if all rumours are to be believed the show only has a few seasons left in it - so they might very well just hire a temporary Stig.

some say his contract is on a per-episode basis, and that he is paid in shekels. All we know is, he's called work-experience stig.

well, FWIW, I did not find the stig part the best section of the show anyhow, so not much of a loss here.

So the rumour is TG is not long for this world? That's a bit of a shame if it's true. I wonder why that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    So the rumour is TG is not long for this world? That's a bit of a shame if it's true. I wonder why that's the case.
    people are getting bored quite easily these days.

First off there are HUNDREDS of highly talented "racing drivers" who are not getting sponsorship. THus why Mr Collins other businesses are now in deep doo-doo
    There just is not the moeny around there was even 5 years ago.
    So , sorry the BBC will be able to find a driver withotu much difficulty of they chose to.
    YES, both parties will now ensure that the exit options are more clearly understood - I mean like WHAT was Collins thinking would happen !
    Also, the BBC will have to sweeten the pot a little with a small %age of roylaties, no doubt.
    But at the end of the day the Stig is a contracted driver for small sections. The BBC and TG marketing do all the real work on the Stig "value". I mean what's next ? The script writers who come up with the "some call him ...." tag lines wanting percentages ??? Not gonna happen
    TG has had a good run - and so has Stig I and II. I do think there will be a III and JC will take the piss on the penalties they will inflict on him if he ever publicly announces himself on screen at every opportunity.
    I also think there is a chance of TG ending ... adn then in 4-5 years coming back as it has before. Boring car review shows are of no interest. If you want the facts use the internet. If you want "opinion" you want ti to be entertaining. IMAGINE the horrors of a show with say Nigel Mansell telling you what he thought of a car handling !!!!!!!

The Stig is dead. Long live the Stig.

Bem ? I wish him the best, but he didn't really think this through.
    TG "fans" are partisan adn the only people likely to want to read about him.
    BUT he's upset them and so I suspect most will wait for the eBook to come on torrents or signed copies of the hardback in the 50p pile at the church.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

It's like if the Guy in the Mickey Mouse Costume at disneyland decides he wants royalties from the merchandise...Not gonna happen, sorry mate.

But the tell all book "Behind the Mouse: inside the mind of Mickey" will be a best seller.

^^^ you think so ?
    I don't.
    While Ben is out touting the book TG will have the "new" Stig out on track.
    He's not had a sparkling career anyway, very much a "journeyman"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    its been past its used by date for a while

even the makers were surprised it lasted past 3 seasons

as for ben collins , you dont have to have a stellar career full of race wins to be able to push , & estimate , cars to their limits

clarkson , when hes talking handeling , is usually repeating what faster members of TG have told him

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^ you think so ?
    I don't.
    While Ben is out touting the book TG will have the "new" Stig out on track.
    He's not had a sparkling career anyway, very much a "journeyman"
    I think when Mickey talks about his dark, racist roots and hallucinogenic drug addiction it might very well be a good yarn.

Also, no one has ever died at Disneyland - they're taken off-site before being pronounced dead, regardless of their demise. Cool story.

To put this all in perspective, this has been known for a very long time.

[ame="http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74783&postcount=12"]Here's a post from 2004[/ame].

Thread Information