Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my 95 toyota supra twin turbo automatic

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso
    [Image]
    You have an enormous head, look how small you car is!!

Last edited by Egg Nog; 11-28-2006 at 07:54 PM.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

sweet ride man, what country are u from?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

born in Sri-lanka came here when i was one

as to the question of how i got the cars that i have yeah mom helped me. I paid for half tho on the supra ( it was 26k i paid 11 k she paid 15k, the 11 k came from me selling my 2000 Celica GTS) the supra is registered under her name and she pays the insurance for it as well as for the TC, however unlike the supra the TC is more of my moms car than it is mine, i pretty much wash it, pay for the gas and thats about it, with the supra i did a bit more, helped pay for the parts for it, gas, registration, and stuff like that. Cant do all that right now tho due to school and work.

I used to spend every penny that i got on the supra but with the smog nazis here in California and how anal cops have gotten i put things for it aside and now spend more money on my other hobby which is collectiing low brow artwork( by artists such as Mark Ryden), when PHR finally comes out with their CARB legal turbo kit, and im done with school( one more year WOOT!!) ill be taking a year off to just relax before i go into work. ill go back to fnishing the goal i had before for it, which was making it into a FULLY street legal( by that i mean carb legal) mid to high 10 second drag car.

a few downsides to the car are:

the second turbo coming on without ones knowledge( put me in quite a predicament once when i was making a left turn and it came on, lets just say ouch would be it ).
    -maintience is bloody expensive, $109 for a bloody oil change from the dealership, i, nor my brother( even with his supra) trusts just anyone to do maintence on our cars, since we have had some bad experinces before, and cause there arent many people who know how to work on the supra as much. man i need to learn to do it myself . Also parts, ... lets just say they are about the same as modification parts, hint: a ignition box costs $800
    -the sesquintenial turbo setup on it( which is one factor of the boost dip) isnt all that its cracked up to be.
    -stupid kids coming up to you and asking if you have NAAAWWWS in it.

as for that picture yeah i got a big head.. thats cause i couldnt really pull the camera farther back and MAN did it hurt in that position

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Nice car. My neighbor has a red Supra, heavily modified. The blowoff valve wakes me up in the morning
    intresting, pics? i might know him from supra forums is why im asking.

as for the blow off valve yeah im SOO glad that PHR's carb legal kit will have a normal one

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Not very relevant for the conversation and, though still being a great car, Supras are not that expensive anymore.
    Welcome to UCP El Toro!
    lol no problem im 24 btw i wish i was younger tho .

as for them not being as expensive... i soo wish they werent . Good things tho are that i have gotten offers from people, a gas station owner offerd me $40k on the spot, he was genuine about it( can tell), and this was just recently when i was only 1k miles away from getting 100k miles , kelly blue book rates the car at being worth $21,000-$35,000 with low miles( 20-50k last i checked), plus now days it is sought after. Also if your wondering why i didnt sell it on the spot to the guy, i would of really, but not only do i love the car, but its registred to my mom and she does have the final say in it. and gratzie

blue supra, i belive they are, but i am thinking of geting some welds, for a cleaner look, also cause cops here are buggers for cars with volks thank you honda ricers :eyeroll:
    Last edited by El Toro Furioso; 11-27-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    The blowoff valve wakes me up in the morning
    You'd hate living near me and my mates then loud zorsts, BOVs and stereos are very frequent

Nice supra man, LOVE the volks! Are they 17s? Volks are pretty pricey here in aus. set of 19's new will cost close the AUD5k
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Depends where in the world you're buying your M3. The American market got 286bhp, if I remember rightly.

And I think JC meant 'super car' as in a car that is actually super, not a supercar as in Ferrari/Lamborghini...

But I agree- as with the Skyline, the tuning culture has truly made a mountain out of a molehill.
    i higly agree and i think it has alot to do with that bloody movie!! i soo hate that thing !!!

as for press, it was praised by many including road and track, where it beat out the ZR1 and other cars of its heyday, Mario andretti even drove a modified one and had many good things to say about it,

"this car is stable absolutly stable, i was flat all around in this supra" the only thing he had qualms about where how the banking killed the speed abit and the gearing.

as for it being a "supercar" i dotn think it is, compared to cars of today or to say lamborghini etc. but when it comes to economy car makers such as toyota it certainly is, because well, its not everyday a car maker such as them makes a car this powerful.

oh and im in california

Every supra needs atleast a 67. Nice car Im really liking the supras lately.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

nice car...u look mean :P
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

interesting bio. my uncle had the old gen supra non turbo and he changed his oil in all the time ever 3000 miles. Changing oil is no big deal like say tuning ur valve timing. 11 MPG is horrible though. any reasons as to why
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Depends where in the world you're buying your M3. The American market got 286bhp, if I remember rightly.
    240 actually, the euros may have gotten 286 though...

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220
    interesting bio. my uncle had the old gen supra non turbo and he changed his oil in all the time ever 3000 miles. Changing oil is no big deal like say tuning ur valve timing. 11 MPG is horrible though. any reasons as to why

359bhp ( i persume)
    100k miles.

as for chaning the oil its the fact that the filter is located in a VERY tight spot and is a bitch to get at. how many miles did your uncles supra have? i love that type, old school style

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs
    nice car...u look mean :P
    heh youd be too, if you wre trying to pose with a crapity digi cam

one of my friends told me i look like i was going to shoot someone

hey do you really have a 1970 GT500 ??!! PICS PLEASE!!!

well i wasn't born! but he had it for 6-8 years i believe so say around 70,000 miles maybe more. it was his baby (although now he has a BMW 745i and an Escalade) i remember him telling me a story that he changed the filter size to make it easier to get in and out. 11MPG even though its a turbo its a toyota i'd expect 16 MPG or so maybe my #'s are off. but 11 is really low but hey, gas is cheap now. i hate cali's emission strictness. what kind of oil do u run in it? 10W-30?
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

10-30w is spot on for the 2JZ. 160,000kms isnt that much unless its had a terrible life, my 200SX has got over 200k on it and it still runs like a dream...

The old gen (gen 3? model before this one?) supra had the 1JZ motor so it was a 2.5L not a 3 for a start which make its easier to get in and out of (in terms of maintenance) and its a non turbo.

A TT RZ/GZ auto Supra wont get great fuel economy no matter what condition its in...
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    You'd hate living near me and my mates then loud zorsts, BOVs and stereos are very frequent
    On the other hand, you may hate living near me and my mates I live in Macquarie Fields, complete with riots, drugs, gangs etc. You may recognise these pictures from the 2005 riots...

The guy who owns the Supra also has an integra, and his dad has a CV8R Monaro with a deafening exhaust. Some people further up from me are car crazy - they own around 4 Range Rovers which they modify, and 2 Ford Cortinas, one of which is fairly modified, the other is a parts car. Then there's various other expensive cars that come and go.

intresting, pics? i might know him from supra forums is why im asking.
    I haven't got pics, but the number plate is "SINFUL".
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    240 actually, the euros may have gotten 286 though...
    286 for the 3.0 model and 321 for the 3.2 (6 speed).

as for them not being as expensive... i soo wish they werent . Good things tho are that i have gotten offers from people, a gas station owner offerd me $40k on the spot, he was genuine about it( can tell), and this was just recently when i was only 1k miles away from getting 100k miles , kelly blue book rates the car at being worth $21,000-$35,000 with low miles( 20-50k last i checked), plus now days it is sought after. Also if your wondering why i didnt sell it on the spot to the guy, i would of really, but not only do i love the car, but its registred to my mom and she does have the final say in it. and gratzie
    Well the Supra has surely became a cult car. And when that happens, values reach levels much above the comercial rate. Which is good for you and ultimately affects the official rate.
    Well lets say you had sold the car to the guy for 40K. What would you buy to replace it? I'm just curious.

BTW: I'm liking your participation. Who'd say I could simpathize with a tuned Supra owner?!
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Thread Information