Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 Engines

One engine that probably deserve a mention in whatever list when price is not an issue is the current RS4 V8....Direct injection normally aspirated 4.2 liter V8 with 8250rpm redline and makes 414bhp...

On a old list, the engine from the FIAT 2300 S coupe should definetly be mentioned it was the pmost powerful per litre engine of it's time

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    the sound is just too shit
    I know that diesel engines really don't sound that good. Although the other day I heard a 5 cylinder Diesel Van accelerating. It sounded like an Audi Quattro with less of the drama. Basically, it sounded like it ran on petrol. I do quite like the noise those racing trucks make as well.
    On a Good day, Chris Bangle designs the Fiat Coupe.
    On a Bad day, he designs a BMW.

R.I.P Richard Burns.

i think the Veyron's 7.9 liter W16 Quad turbo deserves a mention just for it's size. heck, it should have two or three mentions!!!
    also
    the Carrera GT's 6.0? aluminum V10 has to be in there, thats one of the best engines if you ask me!! v10 is a perfect size!!!
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

btw if you are referring to the Ward's list then CGT's V10(or Veyron for that matter) can't be included as they both cost over 50k with a car....

Honda S2000 VTEC. The sound is similar to a F1 car when you rev it.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6
    I know that diesel engines really don't sound that good. Although the other day I heard a 5 cylinder Diesel Van accelerating. It sounded like an Audi Quattro with less of the drama. Basically, it sounded like it ran on petrol. I do quite like the noise those racing trucks make as well.
    I have a 5 cylinder 2,3 20v engine now, it can rev a tip over 7000 rpm so it's kinda hard for me to put that away for a diesel. I have to say the bmw inline 6 diesel doesnt sound too bad tho but I cant afford a new car like that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    i think the Veyron's 7.9 liter W16 Quad turbo deserves a mention just for it's size. heck, it should have two or three mentions!!!
    also
    the Carrera GT's 6.0? aluminum V10 has to be in there, thats one of the best engines if you ask me!! v10 is a perfect size!!!
    As most complex and powerful yes, but the Ward's 10 best list was limited to cars costing upto $52,000. They even managed there to leave out the best there!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Honda S2000 VTEC. The sound is similar to a F1 car when you rev it.
    Imagine, Ward's picked the S/C-ed Ecotec GM four instead of this gem??!!

Ward's best list in order to be PC has picked engine from different countries and companies. It is a mockery of a 10 best list. They should have put a disclaimer: 10 best, with the condition that there must be some American V8s, German "German Engineering" entries, and the now we're competitive with the Japanese four cylinder's Ecotec entry. Very sad list!!

S2000's VTEC was on the list on S2000's first year(the 2 liter version), then it was replaced the following year with the i-VTEC of the Acura RSX Type S.

V8 cosworth
    V6 turbo Renault
    4 cylinders from alfa (GTA 1300 junior)
    V8 Ford Falcon
    V8 Opel Calibra
    V12 Ferrari FXX
    V12 Porsche 917 K

Thread Information