Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren

68 49.28%
  • Ford GT

70 50.72%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren vs Ford GT

Wow this is probably the closest poll with more then 50 votes an option.

When I voted for the SLR, it was 47-47. Then it went unbalanced, then 51-51, unbalanced, 57-57, and now it's 63-63

Maybe a closer match than some people thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    You don't have the decency to save yourself from throwing swear words and insults around though.

You think it is ok to make generalised, unfounded statements, but as soon as someone asks you display a tiny bit of intelligence, wit and understanding by actually supporting your standpoint, you collapse into chimpanzee-like poo-flinging.

It isn't difficult - either there is some evidence that Mercedes are "overpriced" or there isn't.

You can quote price lists all you like, but how do you know that a Mercedes which costs £2,000 more to buy than a BMW doesn't cost £2,000 more to build?

That would make it more expensive, but not "overpriced".

What is the definition of "overpriced" even?
    you should record yourself then listen to it back, it wouldn't so great.
    and mercedes are overpriced, wether you agree to that, i don't care, i don't need to conivince you. I say they are, my probelm, why do you care what i think. and don't say cause its wrong. If its wrong then show me some proof it is
    http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/carworldforum/index.php?mforum=carworldforum
    looking for members and mods

Quote Originally Posted by sonicadg View Post
    and mercedes are overpriced, wether you agree to that, i don't care, i don't need to conivince you. I say they are, my probelm, why do you care what i think. and don't say cause its wrong. If its wrong then show me some proof it is
    When did you stop beating your Mercedes? Show me some proof

Right, you do know that Mercedes is a LUXURY car company? That means people are willing to pay the extra moneies that is used to fund the development of new technology so I could drive with my eyes closed on the freeway without crashing or spilling my chai soy vegan latte.

Add up the development costs of COMMAND, the system that senses a crash, the expensive leather, and the other crap, and suddenly it doesn't seem that expensive.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Did you know BMWs are powered by sheep, and emit gold instead of CO2?

I haven't actually looked into it, but it is something I feel strongly about, so you can't deny it.

I haven't actually looked into it, but it is something I feel strongly about, so you can't deny it.
    I've always said that sheep are a good investment.

Oh, that comment just made me think so much more of you. NOT
    Your just showing an inabilty to understand english. Mercedes charge because their customers are willing to pay more. And i don't like that image.
    If you haven't noticed that please explain how on earth you came to be a moderater of a car forum.
    http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/carworldforum/index.php?mforum=carworldforum
    looking for members and mods

That is a complete lie because they are powered by the hopes and dreams stolen from Sudanese orphans.

Mercedes, however uses hopes and dreams stolen from emo kids so it is a lot better since it costs 1000s less.
    (ignores proof)
    I believe that that is right so it must be true.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Why would you think that was the intent?

Your just showing an inabilty to understand english.
    Aside from grammar, syntax, correct use of apostrophes and spelling; how do I not "understand English"?

Am I misinterpreting where you said "shit" as where you actually explained your argument, with evidence to support it?

Mercedes charge because their customers are willing to pay more. And i don't like that image.
    Ah, so here is the crux of the matter.

Because you don't like Mercedes you are going to look at a small detail of their business - it is called "brand value", by the way, - and then use your misguided opinions to fabricate a "fact" about Mercedes.

If it is your opinion that Mercedes "overcharge" (which you still haven't defined) say so by all means.

Do not present it as "factual", then resort to insulting people who expect "facts" to be backed up with more than petty resentments.

The fact that Mercedes can dictate their prices, and customers will happily pay is nothing to be resented, it merely demonstrates their business nous and the stupidity of the population in general.

Why should that be begrudged?

If you haven't noticed that please explain how on earth you came to be a moderater of a car forum.
    I became a moderator because I have the maturity to look beyond a simple detail and explore the bigger picture.

One Mercedes being more expensive than one BMW does not demonstrate that Mercedes "overcharge" - whatever that means.

Aside from the fact that some Mercedes are actually cheaper than equivalent cars from rivals, I understand about "added value", residuals and the raft of other factors which influence the price of a car, beyond the specification sheet.

I also don't immediately descend to accusing people who question my opinions as being "immature", implying they are stupid and using foul language.

That and the $10,000 "donation" to Wouter.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I've always said that sheep are a good investment.
    Maybe that's how Matra managed to afford the PZ- he cleared out his 'bitch stash'...

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Right, you do know that Mercedes is a LUXURY car company? That means people are willing to pay the extra moneies that is used to fund the development of new technology so I could drive with my eyes closed on the freeway without crashing or spilling my chai soy vegan latte.

Add up the development costs of COMMAND, the system that senses a crash, the expensive leather, and the other crap, and suddenly it doesn't seem that expensive.
    I thought COMMAND was the infotainment system..?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Your just showing an inabilty to understand english. Mercedes charge because their customers are willing to pay more. And i don't like that image.
    the irony is killing me
    You're just showing an inability to understand english.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I thought COMMAND was the infotainment system..?
    Yeah...

Notice the comma?

I forgot the name of the Pre-Safe or Pre-whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Maybe that's how Matra managed to afford the PZ- he cleared out his 'bitch stash'...
    Now be nice, it's none of our business how Peter makes his money.

Thread Information