Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Porsche supercar vs. next Ferrari supercar

Next Porsche supercar vs. next Ferrari supercar

I kno that Porsche will be unveiling the "gt1" as their next supercar,a twin turbo kitted-out version of the carrera gt.it was said in leftlane news that it will have around 950bhp.now with all that power,are they going for that top speed record?now Ferrari have given no clues,no hints,all I kno that it will have thet Uniair® system,a valve modification system that if applied to a stock enzo 6.0l,would make over 800hp.an awd system was rumored yet I really disagree with that.Ferrari should make some thing feather-weight(2000lbs and under)with an engine 6.0 with uniar and even more tuning done(I'm talkin high compression).this thing would easily make over 1000bhp.yet with only the info we kno which supercar will be better.1/4 mile,0-60,top speed and ofcourse a nordschleiffe lap time(I hope either one of them breaks the sr8's record.)will they buy into the top speed hype?only time will tell.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

That's one of the worst written posts I've seen lately

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    I kno that Porsche will be unveiling the "gt1" as their next supercar,a twin turbo kitted-out version of the carrera gt.
    Highly unprobable.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

We can barely read your post.

But Ferrari was caught testing an AWD system.

As for a lightweight sports car with that much power, it will border on dangerous because it would be almost impossible to control unless you're a pro. Plus, the handling would suck.

edit- Leave the worrying about the Nuerburgring lap time to me.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    We can barely read your post.

But Ferrari was caught testing an AWD system.

As for a lightweight sports car with that much power, it will border on dangerous because it would be almost impossible to control unless you're a pro. Plus, the handling would suck.
    the Ferrari Museum hosts an AWD drive car and chassis, (shaped a bit like a Montreal) which was used for testing in the eighties...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I was just wondering how many V12's Scuderia Ferrari actually makes right now...
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    I was just wondering how many V12's Scuderia Ferrari actually makes right now...
    Scuderia nil (F1 is V8 these days)
    Ferrari: 2: 599/612
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Scuderia nil (F1 is V8 these days)
    Ferrari: 2: 599/612
    Exactly my point. See ferrari_prinze's sig?

Being nice since 2007.

I have switched off sigs.

Yes and both V12 cars currently made by Ferrari are hideous...

I have switched off sigs.
    Yet you have one
    Just for you: "real Supercars have V12s,and the best are made by Scuderia Ferrari."

Being nice since 2007.

I kno that Porsche will be unveiling the "gt1" as their next supercar,a twin turbo kitted-out version of the carrera gt.it was said in leftlane news that it will have around 950bhp.now with all that power,are they going for that top speed record?
    Porsche is heading for ProfitVille, next passenger - Panamera. A top speed record is the last thing anyone would expect from track biased Porsche.
    Your source = suxor.
    Ferrari should make some thing feather-weight(2000lbs and under)with an engine 6.0 with uniar and even more tuning done(I'm talkin high compression).
    You are talking about something less driveable and more highly strung than the track only FXX. The comp ratio is already 11.2:1 extra compression will get you naught but detonation on sub 100 octane, you'd need more RPM.
    yet with only the info we kno which supercar will be better.1/4 mile,0-60,top speed and ofcourse a nordschleiffe lap time(I hope either one of them breaks the sr8's record.)will they buy into the top speed hype?
    16 years ago the McLaren F1 had 626bhp, and today that seems to be plenty for many supercar makers. Lambo lp640, Ferrari Enzo and 599, Porsche Carrera Gt, Pagani Zondas..

The real horsepower war has been happening in Germany.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

my thread makes sense.you are talking it will be on the dangerous side.what about the T1?search the forums,the gt1 was mentioned exactly how i put it
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Ferrari have given no clues, no hints; all I know is that it will have the Uniair® system; a valve modification system that if applied to a stock Enzo 6.0l would make over 800hp. An awd system was rumored, yet I really disagree with that.
    How do you "know" that it will have this system, and "know" that it will produce 800hp?

A I understood it, Ferrari are developing the awd system for the likes of the 612, where it would be more worthwhile.

Ferrari should make some thing feather-weight (2000lbs and under) with an engine 6.0 with uniar and even more tuning done (I'm talking high compression). This thing would easily make over 1000bhp.
    900kg would be difficult to achieve - it would need to be a very small car for a start, and lightweight and high power do not go together.

1000bhp would require a lot of cooling, radiators and such, a beefy gearbox and transmission, additional chassis strengthening, bigger brakes and tyres which means more unsprung mass.

That amount of power would overwhelm the chassis, too. It would need the wings and things from a 333 if you want to be going fast enough to actually use all of that power.

Maybe if they chopped the engine in half and stripped down a 430 they could get 900kg in a car trimmed and finished to the standard customers expect.

I hope either one of them breaks the sr8's record.
    I don't think you quite appreciate the sublties of going that fast.

The SRT8 is very light, and is, essentially, a race car, with adjustable suspension, aerodynamics, gearing, etc.

Simply doubling the power output of an Enzo won't give you a car capable of bettering the Radical's ability to change direction, accelerate and brake.

The SR8's time is not a realistic target for any "proper" road car.

real Supercars have V12s,and the best are made by Scuderia Ferrari.
    Scuderia Ferrari don't build cars with V12s, therefore, by this logic, they don't make supercars, therefore they can't make the best supercars.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Your source = suxor.
    It was a story that was well covered by the automotive media a while back.

Simply because this was the first link on google:
    http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=1...ph=ALL&dec=ALL

I meant 2 say 2500lbs.woops

the Ferrari Museum hosts an AWD drive car and chassis, (shaped a bit like a Montreal) which was used for testing in the eighties...
    I was referring to the 612 test mule spotted not long ago.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information