Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I HATE UCP.com becomes Second Supercars.net

Matt, please use the EDIT button to add comments to a post you just made.

Just a clarification, the UCP forums as we all enjoy them are unchanged.
    The option to support UCP directly means you get the benefit of no ads wasting space and time.
    The wallpapers were old-hat and there were MUCH better images of equal quality and size over int he hi-res hide-out and in many member posts
    Wouter's also added a couple of other sweeteners for permium members.
    Nothing's been taken away from those who can't afford it and enjoy UCP and the forums.

Also, in a thread it's worth using the QUOTE button for your reply if you're commenting on something written earlier. "i hate this" coudl refer to anything preceeding in the thread Quick response is good for continuing after the last post, not really helpful for commenting on the earlier ones. But you'll pick up these little "skills" as you go along in UCP. Welcome aboard
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 10-19-2004 at 03:54 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I have to admit, I don't like the idea of having to pay for good stuff. why can't we get this stuff for free?

I think this dumb kinda. why do we have to pay money for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    I have to admit, I don't like the idea of having to pay for good stuff. why can't we get this stuff for free?

You are already paying for it by looking at the advertisements.

Paying for a good time is what the entertainment industry is all about. If you want to call it dumb, that's all up to you.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

i think for all the information the site provides, all the benefits of being part of a global community etc, your getting a pretty good deal for NOTHING.......i dont see any issues with the subscriptions, if i had the extra money i reckon i'd get it, but until then i wont exactly be dying of anxiety waiting to get it, or threatening to leave because i believe i deserve something im not getting that others are...
    I am the Stig

hey , Karrmann are you still living at home with your parents ?
    Free-loading isn't a sustainable activity

I think it's pretty damn good that we got this forum for free.
    That Wouter took on board a suggestion to support video ( which increases his storage and bandwidth costs ) and there were NO COMPLAINTS from him.

He now has to find ways of sustaining it.
    if this is what will save UCP from going bust in a years time and us having NO forum, then I think it's a brave move and deserves support.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Welcome to the real world, Karrmann, you supposed adult with adult responsibilities and an adult job. What other entertainment do you get for free? Well, entertainment you can talk about on here, anyway...
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I think it's fair enough you have a premium for the wallpapers. Just dont EVER introduce premium for the articles and forums, i request you.

Quote Originally Posted by islero
    I think it's fair enough you have a premium for the wallpapers. Just dont EVER introduce premium for the articles and forums, i request you.
    I can't speak for Wouter, but I'm pretty sure that won't ever happen.

You seem to not understand the fact that Wouter travels all over the place to cover different events. That costs money. He (and Rob) also have had to purchase equipment (they don't have regular old cheap manumatic cameras) to provide the pictures that accompany the articles on the site. It also takes money to host the site and money to pay the programmer(s).

So, Karrmann, why should he offer this to you for free when he has to pay money to create it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    You seem to not understand the fact that Wouter travels all over the place to cover different events. That costs money. He (and Rob) also have had to purchase equipment (they don't have regular old cheap manumatic cameras) to provide the pictures that accompany the articles on the site. It also takes money to host the site and money to pay the programmer(s).

So, Karrmann, why should he offer this to you for free when he has to pay money to create it?
    and don't forget the 20,000 or so free/subsidised kilometers that my old car has covered for UCP.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

UCP hands down any day

p.s. forgive me
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Supercars.net

can suck my "insert expletive here"

Seriously that site is so shi#%y, it doesen't even deserve to be mentioned on UCP.

Big frickin deal, you can't get all the wallpapers here unless you shell out a measly three bucks a month. There are tons of sites with a great selection of wallpapers for free. Quit the bitching.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by porlamfer
    If you like somehing very much but you lost it. How do you think? I feel sad!
    what part of the mods explanation of the change did u miss?? YOURE NOT LOSNG ANYTHING!! you just have the option of getting more if you want. im not going to pay, because this site already kicks all other sites asses without the premium stuff. but i like the option, because maybe at some point i will pay. youre arguing a stupid point
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Untill yesterday i didn't even know we had wallpaper here.
    And as for money it is the root of all evil but it is also the thing that keeps us going day to day, Pay the $3 or not it hasn't stopped me doing what i have done since i have been here, And that's posting and having a good time
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Why do so many people here care about large wallpaper size photos? Just be happy that you can get high-speed internet unlike me. I'm so happy that picture signatures aren't allowed, then I will know that so many people will have those stupid features.

Besides, most large photos aren't good pictures anywise. What's so special about a car at a show with a whole bunch of people standing around it? How about the picture I saw of a Pantera in front of a store? Parked in a dirty garage? Woopy do.

Instead of large photos, we need more artistic photos. *shrugs*
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Thread Information