Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rb26dett

Rb26dett

Anyone have any info on this engine. I know it belongs to the Skyline series of cars, and I was thinking about buying a sentra, and yes, swapping the engine with this beast. Just some questions.

Is it reliable?

Any tune-up problems?

Estimated performance (I know it's more then 276)?

Any parts needed with the engine?

And last but not least, will it fit in the Sentra's engine compartment (2001 Spec-V)?

Thanks for the help. Steve.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

The 2.0 litre turbo four, RB20DET might be a better fit for a Sentra.

RB26DETT is an twin-turbo 2.6 inline 6!! Maybe overkill for a Sentra chassis...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

How much Horsepower does an RB20DET make when tweaked? I need to know, cause I'm looking for about 540hp. I want major cream.

The RB20DET is a small Inline 6 and if your talking about putting that into a FWD sentra I think that would be a tad overkill. Nissan also has the SR20DET
    Its an inline 4 that can take a lot. I know I've heard of them being pushed to 500 HP, I'm sure with a few internal upgrades you can push that up a tad higher. but the SR20det is a RWD engine as are the RB's, there is a FWD version of the SR20 but its N/A

SilviaS15, thanks for correcting me. I meant to say SR-...

Isn't the SR20 the stock engine in the older Sentra SE-R and the Infiniti G20?

I didn't think you could extract 500+ HP from the SR20DET. Reliably, for a street car?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Yeah, the Sr20de is the engine that was in the older SE-R sentra's and G20's, I think it made something like 150HP NA, and as far as street reliable you could probably get an SR20DET to push maybe 350, but if you're looking for all out performance I have a friend with one that pushed 480 on the dyno, but it wasn't reliable at all.

get a 240sx, and then you could swap in an RB26DETT.

it wouldn't fit eitherway on a sentra unless you modified the bodystyle, and by that time it probably wouldn't look much like a sentra. money can do wonders yes, it'll let you convert it to RWD and put the engine in, but that'd be a lot of money.

sr20det's can be as reliable as the money you have to put in and the parts in there, and the ecu tune.(so long as you are not pushing over maybe 500hp, as it starts gettin into really high boost then, high boost(over 20psi) usually means less streetability, but about the same reliability so long as you don't mess it up, and the tune is fine.)

ps. you'd probably have to keep your sr20de and turbocharge it or find a FWD sr20det as RWD & FWD SR20DET's are not the same, accesory wise and the motor mounts, unless you'd like to do custom mounts.
    Last edited by TheOne; 03-02-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

judging from your post, you can legally import it into canada if you choose the 5 speed R32 or R33 motors.
    I predict that its pushing something closer to 300-350, the 276 is bs
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I couldn't find anything similar to your plans on the net. Furthermore, I don't think there is enough space for the engine, I don't think you can hook it to FWD and I think the weight balance of the resulting Sentra would make it undriveable. So, I'm thinking it's not possible. Well, it must be possible but not for less than you would have to pay for a R34 GTR.

I saw photos of a swap into a Silvia S14 and that was tight! It was made by some shop called automotion in Canada. You should contact them if you are serious about this.

Regarding the tune of the RB26DETT, you could get over 1000hp. It all depends on how deep your pockets are and how shallow you want them to be afterwards!
    Last edited by magracer; 03-02-2006 at 12:34 PM.
    Zag when they Zig

have you thought of swapping in the 2.5L TT (1jgze or whatever the it is) from the soarer into your car? these engines are reliable and easy to find low mileage examples. not sure if they can go to 500hp but they do make 450hp easily. i know its not a nissan engine, but think about it perhaps.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

You'd never be able to get all that power down and it would end up costing more than getting a Skyline GT-R and giving that 500hp.

just buy a better car. there's enough rice in this world
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220
    just buy a better car. there's enough rice in this world
    He could do it w/o being rice. Dont jump to conlcusions. could be nice if done right. but i would buy a better car myself, will take too much money for what you get. imo
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z
    He could do it w/o being rice. Dont jump to conlcusions. could be nice if done right. but i would buy a better car myself, will take too much money for what you get. imo
    For once a man gets my drift. All I'm saying is that I want a car that'll scare the living shit out of Mustang Cobra owners at the intersection.I'm not going to tune the body... (too much), maybe add new rims, and a CF hood (the car's black, and I want black rims), but my Grandpa Joe just died, and left me his fortune, and this is what I want. I want to be inconspicous (is that how you spell it?).

P.S. I can do that drive and not look at the road thing from 2fast 2furious too. I love scaring people with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 6speed
    For once a man gets my drift. All I'm saying is that I want a car that'll scare the living shit out of Mustang Cobra owners at the intersection.I'm not going to tune the body... (too much), maybe add new rims, and a CF hood (the car's black, and I want black rims), but my Grandpa Joe just died, and left me his fortune, and this is what I want. I want to be inconspicous (is that how you spell it?).

P.S. I can do that drive and not look at the road thing from 2fast 2furious too. I love scaring people with that.
    import a good R32-R33 skyline from japan
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information