Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by GO AMERICA!!! View Post
    Hey did you know that SSC comes with a Navigation System, 10-Speaker Premium Audio/CD/DVD System, 7.5" Video/DVD Screen, Automatic Back-Up Camera??? Doesnt sound like it was stripped naked does it? Oh wait theirs more it also has Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Tilt-Steering, Cab-Controlled Front Air Lift. and oh yeah it runs on Premium Unleaded - 91 Pump Octane... do your research next time dont just start talking about something you have no clue about.
    Hey, thanks for the PM telling me that I'm a douchebag.
    Why do you love this car so much? Why have so much passion for a car you will never own; its as if you've been climaxing over this car. No, I didn't really care to do research on this POS car. Thanks for the advice, man.
    Everybody knows the Veyron; nobody wants to know the SSC Aero.

inb4
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Ok now your ****in pissing me off im no ****en joke pussy 6 FT 2 IN and actually if you were smart you would know that being able to fix something with a hammer isnt an insult, thats saying its easy to fix unlike the bugatti which would cost ****loads to even have an ispection done. and where the **** do you get Chevy out of SSC which stands for SHELBY SUPER CARS dumb**** and if your as stupid as you sound shelby is run by FORD!!!
    You get funnier with each post! I especially love your PMs in which you make baseless accusations.

I hope you know that this Shelby, Jarrod, is not related to Shelby. In fact, the Aero uses, or used to use, a Chevrolet engine. I just hope your hammer helps you when the "custom" engine block fails.
    Last edited by kingofthering; 11-07-2009 at 06:26 PM.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

take bets on his age and completed level of education

i'll start the guess at 15, and grade 7.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    take bets on his age and completed level of education

i'll start the guess at 15, and grade 7.
    As we're IN AMERICA, I'd say he's 11 IN AMERICA, and attending grade 6 IN AMERICA. IN AMERICA!

Last edited by kingofthering; 11-07-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Edit - the pic explains the IN AMERICA part.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Ban, please?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

What we need to do is put these bad babies on a track like Fuji raceway in Japan. Long straight, big high G turns, switch-back esses and some good hairpins, as opposed to say the 'Ring in Germany, which is dangerous beyond belief. Under those circumstances you would be able to prove once and for all which is the biggest, baddest, fastest car of them all. I was wondering when the SSC fan would fall into the Shelby trap. No association at all.

Performance Koenigsegg CCXR Edition

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.9 seconds
    0-200 km/h 8.75 sec. 0-200-0 km/h 13.55 sec.
    0-300-0 km/h: 27.8 Sec. Top Speed: 400+ km/h (250+ mph) (without rear wing) Braking distance: 32m (100-0 km/h)
    Lateral G-force: 1.5 G
    Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 18 l/100 km (E85 fuel), Combined: 22 l/100km (E85)
    Weight-to-power ratio: 1.26 kg/hp Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear

those numbers Go America copied are from the CCX. Not the CCXR
    Leon of the dead; thanks for the correction. Though it is Audi's proving ground, although it is owned ( as well as AUDI) by VW. Bugatti is also partially owned by VW. Which is why it uses VW's W16 power plant. Bugatti just got the bright idea of popping a turbo on each 4 cylinder bank. Crazy bastards! Almost as crazy as inventing and patenting your own supercharger design and then slapping two of them on.
    Oh and the SSC's design is still a rip off the Diablo. And it's still Hideous!
    that is not hideous
    Last edited by terrorbyte73; 11-07-2009 at 10:11 PM.

WTF are you talking about that has nothing to do with the SSC or the Bugatti?!?!?!?
    I'm assuming you're British then, as if you were able to read, you would have discovered it was a reply to another member, not you egocentric fanatic.

Ok now your ****in pissing me off im no ****en joke pussy 6 FT 2 IN and actually if you were smart you would know that being able to fix something with a hammer isnt an insult, thats saying its easy to fix unlike the bugatti which would cost ****loads to even have an ispection done. and where the **** do you get Chevy out of SSC which stands for SHELBY SUPER CARS dumb**** and if your as stupid as you sound shelby is run by FORD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    inb4
    that's unfair.

My guess: 11, no grade.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Ok the SSC was originally based off of a Chevrolet engine but how ever many years later they switched to a FORD motor, that's the one that broke the record for the worlds fastest production car... and what did your bugatti do???

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    You get funnier with each post! I especially love your PMs in which you make baseless accusations.

I hope you know that this Shelby, Jarrod, is not related to Shelby. In fact, the Aero uses, or used to use, a Chevrolet engine. I just hope your hammer helps you when the "custom" engine block fails.

Straight from the koenigsegg website...

Performance
    Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.1 seconds
    0-200 km/h 8.9 sec
    0-200-0 km/h 13.7 sec
    Top Speed: 400+ km/h (250+ mph) (estimated)
    Braking distance: 32m (100-0 km/h)
    Lateral G-force: 1.4 G
    Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 18 l/100km (E85 fuel),
    Combined: 22 l/100km (E85)
    Weight-to-power ratio: 1.26 kg/hp
    Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear

Aerodynamics
    Cd: 0,33 Frontal area 1.867 m2
    Total Downforce at 250 km/h: 100 kg
    Flat underside of chassis. Venturi tunnels at rear of chassis/body.

Chassis
    Carbon fibre with aluminium honeycomb and integrated fuel tanks for optimal weight distribution and safety.
    Monocoque torsional rigidity: 58,000 nm/degree.
    Weight including tanks: 72 kg.
    Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, two-way adjustable VPS gas-hydraulic shock absorbers, pushrod operated. Electronically adjustable ride height.
    Front: Cro-Mo subframe, with integrated crash members.
    Rear: Semi-stressed engine and gearbox with support struts, for optimal rigidity and no engine inertia movements.
    Fully machined aircraft aluminium uprights, with SKF LeMans specification 150mm angle contact ball bearings.
    GKN hollow/gun-drilled driveshafts.Koenigsegg Z-style progressive and lightweight anti-roll bars front and rear.

Engine
    Koenigsegg aluminium V8, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts.
    Displacement: 4700 ccCompression: 8.8:1Sequential, multipoint fuel injection.
    Emission levels: Euro IV.Weight: 178 kg
    Twin Rotrex centrifugal superchargers with response system, 1.6 bar boost pressure.
    Dry sump lubrication.
    Carbon fibre intake manifold with optimised intake tracts.
    Patented response charge system for optimal engine response.
    Tig-welded ceramic coated stainless steel exhaust manifold with merge collector.

Transmission
    Specially developed transversal6-speed gearbox, with optional paddle-shift.
    Torque sensitive limited slip differential.
    Clutch: Dual Plate, Ø 240 mm (in paddle-shift version without clutch pedal)
    Final ratio: 3,364
    1st gear: 2,875
    2nd gear: 1,773
    3rd gear: 1,267
    4th gear: 1,000
    5th gear: 0,833
    6th gear: 0,711
    Reverse gear: 3,000

Steering
    Rack and pinion power assisted steering.
    2.7 turns lock-to-lock.
    Turning circle: 11 metres.
    TRW electro-hydraulic power-assisted.

Brakes
    Front brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 380 mm, 34 mm wide. 8-piston light alloy Brembo monoblock calipers. Power-assisted.
    Rear brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 362 mm, 32 mm wide. 6-piston light alloy AP Racing callipers. Power-assisted.

Traction Control
    F1-style for optimal performance with 5 different handling modes.

Wheels
    Koenigsegg carbon alloy wheels with centre locking.
    Front: 19” x 9.5”
    Rear: 20” x 12.5”

Tyres
    Michelin Pilot Sport 2Unidirectional with asymmetric tread pattern
    Front: 255/35 – 19” (Y)
    Rear: 335/30 – 20” (Y)

Body
    Two-door, two seater with removable hardtop stowable under the front hood lid. Body made from pre-impregnated carbon fibre/kevlar & lightweight sandwich reinforcements.

Electrical System
    Solid state digital semiconductors - no fuses or relays. Can bus operated and fully
    programmable functionality.

Equipment
    Dual Airbags, detachable storable hardtop with glass roof, power windows, rear wing, adjustable pedals and steering column, adjustable seats in rake and length,
    carbon ceramic brakes with ABS, hydraulic lifting system, power steering, power brakes, satnav, rear camera, DVD, CD, I-pod connection, sat radio, climate control,
    digital warning and info system, G sensor, alarm, tyre monitoring system, silver key,
    leather carpets, roof stowage bag, car cover.

Extra Equipment
    Paddle-shift, Chrono instrument cluster, carbon wheels, forged aluminium wheels,
    fitted luggage, special leather and colour requests, Inconell exhaust system.

Dimensions
    Total length: 4293 mm (169”)
    Total width: 1996 mm (78.6”)
    Total height: 1120 mm (44.1”)

Ground clearance
    Rear: 100 mm (3.94”)
    Front: 100 mm (3.94”)

Fuel capacity
    70 litres (18.5 US gallons)

Luggage compartment
    120 litres (31.7 US gallons)

Dry weight
    1280 kg (2821 lbs)

Warranty
    2 Years

Quote Originally Posted by terrorbyte73 View Post
    What we need to do is put these bad babies on a track like Fuji raceway in Japan. Long straight, big high G turns, switch-back esses and some good hairpins, as opposed to say the 'Ring in Germany, which is dangerous beyond belief. Under those circumstances you would be able to prove once and for all which is the biggest, baddest, fastest car of them all. I was wondering when the SSC fan would fall into the Shelby trap. No association at all.

Performance Koenigsegg CCXR Edition

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.9 seconds
    0-200 km/h 8.75 sec. 0-200-0 km/h 13.55 sec.
    0-300-0 km/h: 27.8 Sec. Top Speed: 400+ km/h (250+ mph) (without rear wing) Braking distance: 32m (100-0 km/h)
    Lateral G-force: 1.5 G
    Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 18 l/100 km (E85 fuel), Combined: 22 l/100km (E85)
    Weight-to-power ratio: 1.26 kg/hp Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear

those numbers Go America copied are from the CCX. Not the CCXR
    Leon of the dead; thanks for the correction. Though it is Audi's proving ground, although it is owned ( as well as AUDI) by VW. Bugatti is also partially owned by VW. Which is why it uses VW's W16 power plant. Bugatti just got the bright idea of popping a turbo on each 4 cylinder bank. Crazy bastards! Almost as crazy as inventing and patenting your own supercharger design and then slapping two of them on.
    Oh and the SSC's design is still a rip off the Diablo. And it's still Hideous!
    that is not hideous
    Last edited by GO AMERICA!!!; 11-08-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Actually im none of those... Im 15 years old in 10th grade and posting better information than you guys... Wanna try again?

Bugatti developed its own complicated and overall compact having 16 cylinders, being an 8 liters, and having 4 turbos with intercooler) instead of tuning the first engine they found.

Also, SSC is varely 6 years old, when did they switch to Ford engines?

I don't remember a car magazine that ever considered that car, for real.
    Surely someone from the US did, as I know even Leno featured the SSC in his show, however, he always likes fast things, and I wouldn't base a concrete judgment of any car out of his comments.

I'm actually curious why the SSC Aero is better than everything else, really.
    Just because of the top speed? I'd prefer the good old Callaway Sledgehammer then, much older and just slightly slower, or even that old Pontiac tuned by a Norvegian (or Swedish company), which was even faster iirc.

No wait, I want the Spaceshuttle... no no no I want a comet!!!

I don't care much about the Aero, but since you're molesting us, here you go: it's just a kit car with a huge and pointless engine tuning, some SEMA bling (all your goodies from the interior) and a top speed.
    It's so good every damn rich man of the world wanted one...oh wait, that's the Bugatti, which I honestly don't like, but I'd pick everyday instead of the Aero.

I suppose 99% of those who can afford an Aero don't even know/want to know what it is.

You'll get banned soon, but in anycase the SSC originally used Chevrolet-based engines and has recently switched to inhouse designs according to theis official webiste, altough probably still based on Chevy desings, like the Koenigsegg V8 is based on the Ford Modular.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Ban, please?
    yes, thank you, I'll take two of them.

Very Fast Cars: The SSC Ultimate Aero Becomes the World's Fastest Car

Read the entire page then tell me the Bugatti is still a better car.

Thread Information