Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt-black Ferrari 599 Fiorano in Germany

Matt-black Ferrari 599 Fiorano in Germany

Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 01-10-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    Come in and find out: http://ravenf430.ra.funpic.de/

oh yummy my friend spotted i believe the same car at autosalon gohm in singen, it's the same right? those novitec elements look great on it! if i'd seen it in reality, i'd say it's todt's car... he had his 575 and FXX painted totally black (even screws had to be black!), 575 also with matt black paint. although looks like he changed his likes to chrome now

btw, is that car anyhow connected with the matt-black enzo from germany?
    12 cylinders or walk!

This car wasn't at Gohm, it was tuned a few days ago and it isn't connected with the matt-black Enzo.
    Come in and find out: http://ravenf430.ra.funpic.de/

wow matte black looks amazing. like a blackbird stealth bomber!

Looks great but it's a shame about the red left in the seems.
    I bet if you open the doors it's got red B surfaces.
    Shame to spend so much money on a car then cheep out on the paint job.

Stunning, I really like it.

looks sweet first time seeing a matt black ferrari

I approve. He'll have fun keeping it clean too.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    wow matte black looks amazing. like a blackbird stealth bomber!
    I think you're confusing the SR-71 Blackbird with the B2 Spirit. The Blackbird was a high-altitude recon plane, which wasn't actually invisible to radar - the B2's the stealth bomber. But the paint on this Fezza does resemble both!

SR-71 Blackbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing I don't "get" is when some people refer to the F117 Nighthawk as a stealth "fighter". It's not. That'd be like referring to an SUV as a "touring car" - good at damaging things that are lower than they are, but not very agile or quick...

yup, looks good, the paint job. I don't like the smoked brake lights though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I think you're confusing the SR-71 Blackbird with the B2 Spirit. The Blackbird was a high-altitude recon plane, which wasn't actually invisible to radar - the B2's the stealth bomber. But the paint on this Fezza does resemble both!

One thing I don't "get" is when some people refer to the F117 Nighthawk as a stealth "fighter". It's not. That'd be like referring to an SUV as a "touring car" - good at damaging things that are lower than they are, but not very agile or quick...
    The SR-71 was never designed as a stealth aircraft, but it could be argued that it ended up being the first one. Through clever use of cross sections, it dropped its radar signature by more than 90%, plus added to that with radar absorbing coatings to make it almost invisible to radar and certainly untrackable to radar. A stunning achievement in the early 60s. "In effect, the Blackbird became the first stealth aeroplane." & "...the Blackbird was actually the world's first operational stealth aircraft." from 'Skunk Works', Ben R. Rich (head of Lockeed Skunk Works). The coating they used was a combination of iron ferrites and asbestos. There were two versions of the plane - one recon, one military - the SR-71 and the YF12A. They were the first to develop and perfect 'look down', 'shoot down' technology - the ability to hit another aircraft from 75,000 feet and 80 miles away.

Yes, you're right, the F117 is a bomber, not a fighter. Once its bombs are dropped, it has no more offensive capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post

It was the US Air Force that named the F117 a "fighter," in fact the "F" stands for fighter. Most of the Air Force Academy's top grads put in to be fighter pilots, and the Air Force wanted to attract their top people to fly the F117, hence the title "fighter."

As for the 599, I'm on the fence about the matte black, but I certainly do not like it with the wing on the back or with a tan interior. A black interior, with a lot of alcantara and carbon fiber, would look much better.

looks awesome. you can even tell the matte black paint in the b/w pics. i really want to see a 599 in real.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

That should be Kimi's car

Thread Information