Thread: Get the hankies out - crash at BRIC 2005

Get the hankies out - crash at BRIC 2005

Here's one of the pics.

The rest are at http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005

Not for the faint-hearted. All that lovely machinery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This spring we considered going there, been postponed to next year. Just wondering what happened, piling up on the long straight is quite improbable
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

By the comments I've read I guess that was something about to happen for sometime. Jackye Stewart once said: "Be gentle with your car and times will soon show up." Obviously those guys didn't share the same philosophy.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    This spring we considered going there, been postponed to next year. Just wondering what happened, piling up on the long straight is quite improbable
    a posting at that site summed it up ....

"The cars are all "cheater" setups, with WAY BIG horsepower, and the drivers are way too agressive. Unfortunately, the track officials and the race sponsors do little to discourage the overly dangerous driving. It has been well known for years that Group 6 at the BRIC is a bunch of wild ass, ego manics, driving cheater cars with big stroker engines and no rules racing. "

Either that or Jason Plato was there
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

ALTERNATIVELY ......

American muscle cars ..... never mind not making the corners, having trouble keeping it straight

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    ALTERNATIVELY ......

American muscle cars ..... never mind not making the corners, having trouble keeping it straight

enter Fleet and Slicks.......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

eeek!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Just wondering what happened, piling up on the long straight is quite improbable
    Well that Cobra at the front seems to be facing the opposite direction to everyone else. My guess would be that either he lost it under power on the straight, or perhaps got tagged from behind causing him to spin and the rest just got caught in a chain reaction.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Crikey! That's a tragedy.

is BRIC a historics/classics race? seems from your description its pretty competetive. weve got a preety big historics race here in portland but its all good fun even though it is competetive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Either that or Jason Plato was there
    sorry to get off subject, but Plato is becoming one of my favorite drivers.
    even though im in the US ive managed to see some bits of BTCC. his battles with Turkington, Muller, McNeal and Eaves is some good stuff. and hes great on fifth gear too, it was good fun watching him and Tiff in the boxster and Z4.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    is BRIC a historics/classics race? seems from your description its pretty competetive. weve got a preety big historics race here in portland but its all good fun even though it is competetive.
    Brian Redman International Classic, and that's all I know about it.
    Wouter ??
    sorry to get off subject, but Plato is becoming one of my favorite drivers.
    even though im in the US ive managed to see some bits of BTCC. his battles with Turkington, Muller, McNeal and Eaves is some good stuff. and hes great on fifth gear too, it was good fun watching him and Tiff in the boxster and Z4.
    Watched Plato since he first moved into BTCC and he's big headed and arrogant and believes he's a better driver than his skills merit. Hence he pushes people off the track and then blames THEM.
    He's done it for years and continues to repeat it.
    NEVER seen him put his hand up and accept ANY blame for even the serious accidents he's caused in the desire to gain places.
    It's farily easy to get in the top 5 at touring cars if you're willing to bash folsk off.
    Not the kind of driver I have any respect for.

according to the ALMS forum, someone missed a shift and seeing everyone was bundled, it was just a train reaction

BRIC is purely historics great to watch, went there in 2001, celebrating 35 years of CANAM with Jim Hall as chief marshall bringing some of his amazing Chaparrals and with the 2E on track. Next year 40 years of Canam, be sure to be there. Many other sorts of races going on including this type of US muscle GT/Touring stuff, where somebody obviously lost it.

those were some nice cars. Any idea one how it all began nad which idiot drivers' fault it was?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

There is LOTS of "chatter" appearing about it ....

"I was the operating steward for this race. The pace car did what was the right thing to do. We gave them instructions for each group. The two pole guys admitted to running up the hill at 5000 rpm in 3rd gear. The fifth place guy was racing well before the green flag and tryed to force his way between the wall and the car in front of him. He started scraping the wall and the guy behind him checked up and the car that hit him started to spin and then it was one after another into them. I am amazed that no one was killed. All the drivers except two had hans devices.

The green flag was in deed thrown. I red flagged the race with in 3 seconds of the green. Even with the red flag the drivers in the back just keep driving into the rear"

Drviers meeting woudl have been interesting.
    Over gere there woudl be race bans gettin handed out for some of these actions

Thread Information