Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: German cars VS American cars

Quote Originally Posted by irarref
    OOOOPPPSSSSSSS.......!
    Americans lose again.

612hp biturbo v12 CL65 AMG, all you need to do is buy it in Europe and take off the limiter
    hahaha
    cl65 rules!

I love this car... OH my GOD but insurrance is too expensive... too bad
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by irarref
    OOOOPPPSSSSSSS.......!
    Americans lose again.

612hp biturbo v12 CL65 AMG, all you need to do is buy it in Europe and take off the limiter

So so sad, all that money for so little. O wait! It's a classic remake. (Ford GT only 500hp, and you need to be on the list to buy one. )
    Despite the fact that the CL65 has 112 more horsepower, it still can't keep up with the GT. 0-60 in 3.3? Thats very difficult to match or beat. In fact there is only one ferrari out there that can top it (enzo, obviously), and there are no mercedes that can beat it to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Despite the fact that the CL65 has 112 more horsepower, it still can't keep up with the GT. 0-60 in 3.3? Thats very difficult to match or beat. In fact there is only one ferrari out there that can top it (enzo, obviously), and there are no mercedes that can beat it to my knowledge.
    The Bugattie Veyron can beat it 0-100 in 3.2s and 0-300 in 15s who can beat it?? 1001hp out in 2005 summer

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

really?

last i knew swissbeatz the bugatti was a big ugly mess! over priced over weight, insuficent areo package to keep that heavy bitch stable. i dont think they will sell it. and certianly not so fast.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    last i knew swissbeatz the bugatti was a big ugly mess! over priced over weight, insuficent areo package to keep that heavy bitch stable. i dont think they will sell it. and certianly not so fast.
    The car will be out in 2005 summer for sure

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

i think since the first detials were released, much of the appeal for the Veyron has diminished
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by gtface

Are you sure about that, have we forgotten Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, or some other German car manufactures like Dauer 962 powered by Porsche..... hmmm and lets not forget what McLaren F1 is powered by BMW.. and the GT40 i don’t think its even out yet.. its a CONCEPT!!
    And please the CL65 AMG is a Sports Luxury car… is there and American sports luxury car with that type of performance???
    Last edited by SPN:DOC; 07-09-2004 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    Are you sure about that, have we forgotten Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, or some other German car manufactures like Dauer 962 powered by Porsche..... hmmm and lets not forget what McLaren F1 is powered by BMW.. and the GT40 i don’t think its even out yet.. its a CONCEPT!!
    And please the CL65 AMG is a Sports Luxury car… is there and American sports luxury car with that type of performance???
    The GT40 was a concept but Ford is making the GT, it puts increadble times down on the track (beat a GT3 porche and 360 Challange) and only costs 140K USD. The 0-60 time the GT puts down beats the McLaren, CLK GTR, and the Dauer was practically a race car, having over 700hp, and weighing 2300lbs, but you can get about 7 Ford GTs for the price of one Dauer..
    And dont forget about the S7 and Mosler...
    As for the CL65 AMG, no American sports luxury cars are even close to its price tag. For about 50K USD you can get a CTS-V with close acceleration times, and thats wil 200 less HP and under half the price of the CL65 AMG.
    Last edited by Slicks; 07-09-2004 at 09:32 AM.

i think it's safe to say german anything will beat the americans ...

but with cars specifically there is one underlying fault which all of them share .. well actually there are many but i have to admit none ... well none to my knowledge have made there way onto the ford gt, that is one nice car ... asside from the 2 inch tall rear window

Quote Originally Posted by SPN:DOC
    I know the Mercedes is a sports luxury car. I think this was a stupid comparison in the first place. The CLK GTR is not faster according to this sites specs forthe Merc. Obviously the Dauer is faster but was it a production car? I didnt say that there were not any german cars that were faster I siad that there were no Mercedes that were faster. Come to think of it though, I can't think of a German car that is faster (0-60), unless of course the Dauer was a production car. The McLaren F1 may have been powered by BMW but it is still British car. I believe the Ford GT is coming out around September so it won't be long.

i believe this thread is about american and german cars in general, we shouldnt talk about any specific car, we should use some as examples but using the same car over and over again is just a bit exhausting.

LOL.
    Didnt think there was any comparison to be honest.Yank tanks suck.
    Sant0
    www.sant0.com

You cant just rely on numbers for this test. As we have seen in Top Gear, the Audi S4 is almost a second quicker (supposivly) than the M3 on a track, even though the M3 0-60 is faster. You know how much work it must have taken to engineer a car that would do that? And thats not even Audi's best car.

surely the times would change track to track though, i mean motor magazine here done a test between the M3 CSL and the GT3 RS, and around Eastern Creek Raceway, the CSL was faster by about 1.5 seconds i believe.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information