Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some cars are controversial and are simply beautiful

Even in the cities our roads leave a bit to be desired. Funny thing is that our Monaro gets 18inch alloys as standard, but the GTO gets 17inch jobbies, presumably because of the worse condition of the roads. However, when we get cars from say, VW, if we get the US suspension setup it seems to crash over poor surfacing and gives shitty ride quality, whereas if its the Euro setup gives the best ride. Just seems a bit strange...

No surprise - European manufacturers 'soften' the ride for US markets.
    There's an expectation of "smoothness" over undulations and bumps that are at odds with European prefernce for precise handling and control.
    If you get the woolier US settings - lifes a bitch huh
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I will always love Alfa Romeo. I like the look of practically every model, and seeing as I am a petrolhead, I take style and looks over reliability.

Chris Bangle did nothing but destroying BMW, his design suck please don't try to credit this fool....for any thing ......
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    Chris Bangle did nothing but destroying BMW, his design suck please don't try to credit this fool....for any thing ......

oh ps i love Alfa Romeo this car is one of my fav's....
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

right now D.C. and Miami., but also London
    I don't know that much about Alfa other than the fact that they have a unique design that some call beautiful. However it seems Bangle is not trying to create a "unique style" as much as he is trying to "modernise" the BMW and fit it in todays high tech, fast paced world of glass buildings, sharp angles, and rounded contours. Most car makers are leaning towards the same although not to the extent of BMW. But I know I am not the only one who has seen the similarity between the 5 series and the 05 Honda Accord (and every other Asian Car Maker).
    Mustangs/ TVRs, M3s, 911 Turbos...make me smile from ear to ear...everything else..just makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN

damn straight!! man i agree with everything that come off this guys keyboard
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

im american, know hardly anything about normal everyday european cars, and i know for a fact that alfas are nice, nice cars. arent they supposed to come back to america in like 2007 or something? that would be awesome!
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Most Alfas are beautiful escept that rebadged Nissan Pulsar/Sunny one in the Ugly cars thread...

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    No surprise - European manufacturers 'soften' the ride for US markets.
    There's an expectation of "smoothness" over undulations and bumps that are at odds with European prefernce for precise handling and control.
    If you get the woolier US settings - lifes a bitch huh
    They do it probably because people such as myself really prefer the softer ride. Heck, I'm in the "the softer, the better" camp. Hence, Cadillacs
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Alfa's are nicely designed, but the 166 is hideous!
    LOoks like an overweight aging 156.
    I dont think the others have dated badly, the 145 still looks good to me.
    I'd say you'll have your wish for the end of the FWD performance Alfa's, 4wd or Rwd when they share chassis with Maserati.
    No use if the electrics windows dont open!!!!

This is my new GT the day I collected it from the showroom. Its quite a nice design and also very good to drive on the road.

This was a great thread CRO - its nice to see someone can appreciate the beauty and value Alfa's bring to an otherwise dull car market.

Last edited by Alfasudcrazy; 05-06-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Alfa Always Different

Alfa is always different many other cars tend to have the same look take a look at the Mazda 6, and the Acura it doesnt take idiot to see the same exact grill, and the Ford Focus, Honda Civic Type R, Toyota Corolla,ect. Have the same styled headlights a 3 point triangle that sweeps back, Not to mention the newer BMWs front grill is going Pontiac. Alfa Romeo is Just a different car with its own personality and own looks No car maker in the world has a front end like Alfa Rome and if Alfa Romeo ever got rid of that grill then it wouldnt be a Alfa Romeo. Its too bad that such a mark with great racing history had to be bought out by a company that didn't keep such a great marks hertige alive instead pull them out of a great market in the 90s here in the USA. Then try to say that they were loosing money here which everybody knew that, that was BS since FIAT didnt give Alfa time to grow up here in the states and who knows what an impact it would of been here with the other car makers,hopefully We'll see these guys again.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaRomeo2598
    Alfa Romeo is Just a different car with its own personality and own looks No car maker in the world has a front end like Alfa Rome and if Alfa Romeo ever got rid of that grill then it wouldnt be a Alfa Romeo.
    Don't want to rain on your parade so to speak but the kidney grille of BMW absolutely OWNS the history of Alfa Romeo's grille. Once you see those two ovals you know in a second what it is. (It's been on bimmers for about 75 years)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Don't want to rain on your parade so to speak but the kidney grille of BMW absolutely OWNS the history of Alfa Romeo's grille. Once you see those two ovals you know in a second what it is. (It's been on bimmers for about 75 years)
    I hardly think it owns the Alfa romeo grille. Alfa grille has been around for nearly as long, and is also very recognisable (My parents recognise it, and they know very little about cars)

Thread Information