Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Le Mans Series Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by togos452 View Post
    Peugeot preview

(Alexander Wurz and Jacques Villeneuve in third 908)

Motorsport.com: News channel
    [/url]
    Is there an information about how many 908's are built at the moment? Together last and current seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Is there an information about how many 908's are built at the moment? Together last and current seasons.
    IIRC from the 2006 "launch" they planned two fully built chassis for racing plus one chassis for test and development.
    Haven't heard anything different.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

So, it turns out someone will be driving a testing mule in Le Mans?

I should have said Alexander Wurz and Jacques Villeneuve were the third drivers. The 5th 908 was recently built (Peugeot Sport doesn't build the 908's tub).

Translated version of http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5552

James Watt Automotive with all 2008 updates on Dunlop-shod 997

James Watt Automotive

Translated version of http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=5544

Pictures from Belgium

# 61 Strakka Racing DBR9 with Dunlop tires

1000km Spa : Les essais du premier jour en photos. - Endurance Info - Endurance Info WebSite
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Then it sounds better. Generally...are testing cars allowed to take start in LMS races?

2008 1,000 km of Spa

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/event...a-1000-km.html

Victory by Ferrari…by 0.184s!

Virgo Motorsport and Dunlop win again

(Rob Bell and Gianmaria Bruni)

Le Mans Series

GIMMI BRUNI :: FERRARI 430 GT2 :: TEAM AF CORSE

The Italian Lavaggi LS1 Ford has dumped its 6.0 liter Ford V-8 (electrical problems from engine builder) for a new and enlarged 4.0 liter twin-turbo V-8 from Advanced Engine Research. The P32T motor might get direct fuel injection later this year.

The car has had little testing with its new engine, but the ACO allowed the # 3 machine to race yesterday in the 1,000 km of Spa.

2006 Lavaggi LS1 Ford - Images, Specifications and Information

Welcome to AER - Designers and Manufacturers of Racing Engines

Giovanni Lavaggi ORG
    Last edited by togos452; 05-14-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Spa, not Monza
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Is there any video of what happened to Wurz?

Yes, Motors TV has it.

YouTube - Alexander Wurz faced fear in Spa LMS 2008

Where is the ultimatecarpage report from the classic 1,000 km of Spa??

Awesome pictures with caption from 1,000 km of Spa

Planetlemans.com | Spa 1000 km - The pitlane shots

Yes, Motors TV has it.

There will be none this time, we decided to concentrate on the Monaco Historic Grand Prix, which only happens once every two years. We did Monza in combination with Villa d'Este, but those events took place only 50 kms apart. This time commuting between two sites, even for two people was not possible. You will be served again with the reports on the Le Mans 24 Hours, both the qualification weekend and the actual race weekend.
    Awkward timing will also prevent us to cover the Nuerburgring Race, as we will be in the USA for the Monterey/Laguna/Pebble Beach events.
    Silverstone will be fully covered.
    Thank you for understanding.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Yes, Motors TV has it.

Thanks. But where is the exact moment? Who was guilty in this accident?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    There will be none this time, we decided to concentrate on the Monaco Historic Grand Prix, which only happens once every two years. We did Monza in combination with Villa d'Este, but those events took place only 50 kms apart. This time commuting between two sites, even for two people was not possible. You will be served again with the reports on the Le Mans 24 Hours, both the qualification weekend and the actual race weekend.
    Awkward timing will also prevent us to cover the Nuerburgring Race, as we will be in the USA for the Monterey/Laguna/Pebble Beach events.
    I don't know too many top class sites covering the LMS but UCP for sure covers the event very well. In terms of quality and quantity of pictures, I haven't seen another site that comes close.

It's a shame when UCP misses a round, but as it is summer and there a lot of other automotive events going on and only 2 of you to cover all of them, it's completely understandable.

Two questions, henk4, are a lot of your pictures featured on UCP and another, I'm no camera buff but some of my friends are and I'm wondering what are the cameras you use to take the shots?

Keep up the good work as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I don't know too many top class sites covering the LMS but UCP for sure covers the event very well. In terms of quality and quantity of pictures, I haven't seen another site that comes close.

It's a shame when UCP misses a round, but as it is summer and there a lot of other automotive events going on and only 2 of you to cover all of them, it's completely understandable.

Two questions, henk4, are a lot of your pictures featured on UCP and another, I'm no camera buff but some of my friends are and I'm wondering what are the cameras you use to take the shots?

Keep up the good work as usual.
    thanks, Canon 20D most of the time, sometimes the Canon Mk1D. Most shots are Wouter's, I mostly contribute with detail shots and more general stuff.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

We currently work with:

Canon 20D
    Canon 1D MkIIn
    Canon 1D MkIII

Canon 17-40 4.0L
    Canon 24-70 2.8L
    Canon 70-200 2.8L
    Sigma 500 4.5
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply. The LMS coverage is fantastic.

1,000 km of Spa

YouTube - 1000 KM Spa FrancorChamps 10 + 11 May 2008 Le Mans Series

Thread Information