Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Its official - FOTA to launch breakaway series!

why is that in more ways than one?
    In reference to the nazi chick adventure.

That doesn't mean he's out though....that makes him quite hetero in fact.

if a little messed up. but if two consenting adults enter into a nazi sex orgy together I don't think we're anyone to judge.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

That doesn't mean he's out though....that makes him quite hetero in fact.
    I didn't mean in the gay sense, it was just a pun.

I get the feeling it was something along the lines of "We'll pull our heads in if you promise to bugger off" initially, then it was bargained down to "We'll promise to spend a bit less if you promise to not put your name in the hat later on..." It's all a bit wishy-washy really.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    why is that in more ways than one?

This sounds to me like Mosley's won...he's gotten the teams to agree to his conditions and all he has to do is have some tentative agreement not to stand for reelection.

doesn't mean he won't be a part of the organisation though, or have a say....

I guess FOTA was all huff and puff.
    FIA is dropping all their cost cutting measure and using FOTA's and they get rid of Mosley in one move. I don't know about you, I think FOTA won. They also agreed on the framework for the new concorde agreement, which at this juncture I can only imagine also included concession from Bernie and FOM in terms of the monetary deals....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I think you can thank Bernie for that one.

Its interesting to here the teams didnt mind so much when it was just Bernie siphoning money out of the sport, it was when CVC bought the rights that they started caring.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    FIA is dropping all their cost cutting measure and using FOTA's and they get rid of Mosley in one move. I don't know about you, I think FOTA won. They also agreed on the framework for the new concorde agreement, which at this juncture I can only imagine also included concession from Bernie and FOM in terms of the monetary deals....
    the Concorde Agreement a) has not yet been signed and b) will only bind them until 2012. After that the teams can get petulant again and FOTA might be a go.

My point is that I doubted how binding Mosley's statements to walk away were. What happens once the teams sign? will he go for re-election anyway, out of spite or because he genuinely thinks he's good for the competition?

it's set what I can only consider a really bad precedent and completely undermined the FIA's authority and power. Granted it might have been entirely deserved (Mosley was not good for F1) but I wonder if the teams are even going to pay attention to it now they have leverage.

"Now teams, easy on that aero now, we're putting in new restrictions..."
    "WE'RE BREAKING AWAY, WHAA WHAA WHAA...AND TAKING OUR MONEY WITH US!"
    "ok...ok....backing down..."
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

That wouldn't be as easy to do, as FOTA is a committee, and they answer to their OEM's bottomline. If one day Ferrari decided to spend more, all the others will not necessarily go along with that because they might not have the money to from their board, and at which point should some punishment be dealt out the rest of the field will be supporting that. That to me is a hell of a lot more "fail-safe", than the unilateral power that FIA was going to grant itself over the teams to arbitrarily change the rule as they see fit.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

This is fairly well done.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO8TLBn7z1k"]YouTube - Hitler on F1 ( Formula One ) Breakaway Series (By Placebo)[/ame]

Soap opera du jour

Formula One's brief peace was shattered on Wednesday as the FOTA walked out of a meeting with the governing body in an F1 Technical Working Group in Germany.

According to the FIA, the meeting ahead of the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring was to seek the agreement of all 13 2010 teams to scrap the proposed budget cap rules and replace them with a "legally binding agreement ... to reduce costs" to early 90s levels within two years.

"The eight FOTA teams were invited to attend the meeting to discuss their further proposals for 2010. Unfortunately no discussion was possible because FOTA walked out of the meeting," the Paris federation said in a statement.

FORMULA-ONE - F1: FOTA Walks Out Of FIA Meeting - SPEEDtv.com

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I confirm that Alonso already drives a tank....

I heard that Bernie has not distributed most of the beneficts done through TV rights to the teams since 2006, is it true?

regards

vincent

Its rumoured he's only been paying Red Bull, Williams, Ferrari and Force India as theyre the only ones to have signed some form of continuation to the former Concorde Agreement. The manufacturers had been racing under a seperate agreement since the Concorde Agreement expired.
    I am the Stig

I only read the first post sorry. Officially a break away season ?.

Thread Information