Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2009 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Oct 30 - Nov 1)

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    By the way, I have noticed there was no single TV helicopter during the coverage - all the cameras were placed on track objects, including the highest roofs. Are there any other F1 tracks with such a feature?
    It happened at Monza as well this year, there wasn't an official reason though.

I agree with RM, the nice thing about old tracks (or smaller events) is that you're free to walk from a corner to the other, and basically visit the whole track if you're into walking. I loved that at Imola and even if Adria is pretty limited in extension, there too.
    At Imola I had access to all the place, from the box' tower to the main grand stand, still I walked around the whole track just to have another feeling of what's was going on.
    Mugello is definitely overkill, the changes in altitude are enough to kill you, also that time I had access to the roof of the box, and that was a decent position to watch a lot of spots (albeit from a great distance) and the pits as well obviously.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I went to F1 at Indy in 2000 and 2001....we walked to any part of the track we wanted to.

BTW there were heli-shot during the race....one incident in particular they followed 2 cars down the long back straight....

Every year I went to Mosport for the ALMS I walked the whole track during the race so I can watch the race and take pictures at every corners....granted Mosport is kinda small, but very undulating...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Does anybody remember who made the final fuel-stop?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

the last one I saw was Barrichello....not sure if that was the last one...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Does anybody remember who made the final fuel-stop?
    I think it was one of the Brawns. Button IIRC.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I think it was Trulli. I've found this: Barrichello and Heidfeld - lap 41, Vettel and Button - lap 42, Trulli - lap 43.
    Last edited by faksta; 11-02-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Excellent, thanks.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information