Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2006 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I'm thinking with 90% certainty that Michael is leaving Ferrari entirely.
    And now it is confirmed, that Schumacher stays at Ferrari, but not as a race driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Not sure if you guys saw Jean Todt after Michael won the race but he looked rather depressed. I'm thinking with 90% certainty that Michael is leaving Ferrari entirely.

EDIT: MSC could not have avoided Montezemolo more than he showed immediately after stepping out of his car. No affection, at all. Almost seems as if Michael was forced out by Montezemolo and crew to make way for Raikkonen.
    Noticed that too. The press release is going out...He's retiring. I hope he get his 8th championship to wrap everything up. Definately been an awesome driver to watch over the last 11 years I've been watching. True he's been part of quite a bit of controversy but it all added to the atmosphere lol. Will be sad to see him go.

Michaels new role will be announced at the end of the year...interesting.
    Last edited by Vaigra; 09-10-2006 at 06:33 AM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Well, the result was all important this afternoon and the fact that Alonso blew up and Schumacher won is certainly a dramatic result even though the race itself wasn't really very exciting itself. Schumacher and Kimi were miles ahead of the opposition and seemed to be cruising out front, whilst behind them there really wasn't a great deal of ontrack action. Indeed, most of the drama happened in the pitlane and with the strategies. In some ways it's a pity that Kubica's brilliant podium drive will kinda be overshadowed by what's going on with Schumacher and Ferrari. Still, I think he's proved that there'll certainly be plenty more of those to come in what must be a bright future for the young pole.

So, with it now confirmed that Schumacher will be retiring at the end of the season he's in the strongest position he's been in all year in terms of fighting for the WDC. Ferrari and Michael are definitely in the driving seat for both championships, but one suspects that Alonso (clearly seething about the stewards' decision yesterday, and still with the fire in his belly) will not go down without a furious fight, and will be wanting to spoil Schumi's farewell to the sport. Should be great entertainment whoever wins.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I'm a bit surprised at the MS announcement...seems a lot of unknowns going on in the background of Ferrari which spawned this.

Too bad Kubica's fine drive will be overshadowed.

Congratulations to Robert Kubica!!!!!!!

Probably the only GP weekend that found me waiting for the press conf before the race...

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmacher
    Probably the only GP weekend that found me waiting for the press conf before the race...
    I hope you did not miss it because it was AFTER the race.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmacher
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I hope you did not miss it because it was AFTER the race.....
    heheh... oops...excuse the weird sentence construction

Thread Information