Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see come from your favorite car manufacturer?

What would you like to see come from your favorite car manufacturer?

Do any of you have any good ideas of what you think would be an ultimate car?
    Is there any specific car you would like to see brought back or made better?

I would like to see the Corvette up their standards a little bit so it can compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini, ext. I'm tired of seeing it be compared to the Porshe 911 Turbo. I think it would be great if the Corvette could compete with those and still cost less. Possibly just make a special Corvette for that purpose. I also think the GTO Judge should be brought back with a more aggressive body design, 500 horsepower, and ram air.

Is there a Corvette like that? I think I might have seen one on tv once.

Quote Originally Posted by onyx8323
    Is there a Corvette like that? I think I might have seen one on tv once.
    They are considering building a Corvette Blue Devil, a powerful little thing that will be. (and it should compete w/ Ferrari/Lambo.. etc.)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I'd like to see another proper take on an Audi Sport Quattro. Also, a new E-Type would be nice.

A request for Jaguar: MAKE THAT F-TYPE NOW!!!!!
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

I'm not actually so sure that Alfa Romeo are my favourite car manufacturer, but I'd sure as hell love to see the 8c produced. I actually got pretty upset when I learnt that they'd decided against producing it. C'mon Alfa. Sort ya s**t out, ffs. Who cares if it'll have to compete with Maseratis? Just make a few less Maseratis to compensate. All the profits head back to the same pot at the end of the day, right?

Or even better, just make it affordable, so it won't be competing with anything the line up. Let's say one notch above the GT. Starting at about £32,000. Boxster rival. Please Alfa?

How about Porsche restructures the 911 lineup so its less confusing. Maybe drop the 911 and Carrera names? BMW should bring back the 2002 and Volvo should improve make a more entry-level coupe like their old 240s. Those were hot.

I'd like to see VW drop 300 pounds off the new GTIs and Jettas, and get the prices back in the $16,000-19,000 fully loaded range. Bring back the Cabrio. Put a 2.0T FSI in it with a 6 speed.

For the American companies, bring back powerful RWD sedans. And coupes. The '07 model year can't come fast enough for GM. Dodge, take 2 doors off the Charger and give it a 6 speed. MOPAR enthusiasts will thank you, and your checkbook will later thank them.

To Chevy, Lexus, Infiniti, and anyone else using them, stop putting clear taillights on cars. They're stupid looking.

$.02
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by onyx8323
    I would like to see the Corvette up their standards a little bit so it can compete with Ferrari, Lamborghini,
    I don't think that the Vette can be the equal to any Ferrari or Lamborghini.

The Corvette is a relatively cheap front engined muscle car.

Ferraris and Lambos are expensively engineered mid-engined supercars.

So unless the Corvette C7 is a state-of-the-art mid-engined supercar it will never be able to match the finesse and feedback afforded by the mid-engined set up.
    Thanks for all the fish

errm I'd like to see VW make the new Golf R32, subaru replace the 22b, mitsubishi make a coupe evo.

I know they made a mid-mounted Corvette once before. That was like 2 years ago though. I don't know the exact specs on it either.

I would like to maybe see toyota try and keep the celica in production. And I'm telling lamboeghini NOT to bring out that ugly gallardo roadster concept!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    The exotic-competing Corvette is the Z/06. $50 grand gets you a car that's right at a 360's heels (at least for the C5 model). And it's not a muscle car, it's a sportscar. Needs 2 more seats and a smaller price tag to be a muscle car, guys.

I'd like to see more cars with less electronic safety nannies. Obviously humans just can't control cars. I'd ask for carburetors, but that's pretty much an impossibility.

GM: Scrap Saturn, bring back Olds as your BMW-fighting line. Cadillac, use the Lexus LS/430 for your model. Buick should be sort of like VW, build budget-priced "everyday practical" luxury. And Pontiac should be a pure sportscar manufacturer offering stripped-down, more competition-like cars for a low price...sort of like Honda with its Si's, but with less attempt at refinement and more attempts at pure performance. That'll appeal to the young'uns. Chevy already knows what it should be doing, I think, and GMC and Hummer can be left well enough alone.

Honda: Back off the ugly cars already. The Element is great and practical but absolutely hideous. Civic Si, also hideous. The new Accord is a good piece of engineering but still has that sort of unfinished and cheap look like the last one that I can't put my finger on. I think it's the taillights.

Oh, and bring back REAL muscle cars with big blocks, no more pony cars (Mustang, Camaro, etc.). Midsize RWD coupe with an 8.1l big block, anybody?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

def subaru bringin back the 22B. th3 R3AL L33t nihongo desu import..

that car would def wipe the smiles from all the tuned supras and skyline fangirls! oops i mean boys* :rollseyes:
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    personally, i'd like to see Mitsubishi bring back the 3000GT VR-4, coupe as well as the Spyder version... keep the body, make it more nimble, enhance aerodynamics, etc... but, all in all, usin the same engine, put out a real performer. As in light weight body, with atleast a 400 hp motor or sumthin around that. The AWD and AWS can stay.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

I would like to see MG come to the US, so they would have to produce emission-standard meeting vehicles.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information