Go to Ultimatecarpage.com

Go Back   Ultimatecarpage.com forums > General forums > Website discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Kitdy's Avatar
Kitdy Kitdy is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,030
I think VW still doesn't have majority control of Porsche, I think they are sitting at 49.9% ownership right now and are waiting for some reason before they go over 50%.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
LTSmash's Avatar
LTSmash LTSmash is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
I think VW still doesn't have majority control of Porsche, I think they are sitting at 49.9% ownership right now and are waiting for some reason before they go over 50%.
49.9% can be controlling interest; assuming that the remaining 50.1% is split between multiple shareholders (which would be the care in almost any public company).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-06-2010, 12:42 AM
wwgkd's Avatar
wwgkd wwgkd is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,585
Wishing I was in Moscow, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
Not may be taken over, they already have. Altough that's got nothing to do with the Cayenne.

The problem with the Cayenne is that it is an SUV. If it had been then Panamera it wouldn't have been so bad.
It's not just an SUV, though. It tends to represent everything that's wrong with SUVs. It weighs way too much, it has no utility, it tries to be both an offroader and a sports car and fails at both, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and is bought mostly as a show piece. And all this comes from what was supposed to be a sports car company.
__________________
Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,166
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
It's not just an SUV, though. It tends to represent everything that's wrong with SUVs. It weighs way too much, it has no utility, it tries to be both an offroader and a sports car and fails at both, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and is bought mostly as a show piece. And all this comes from what was supposed to be a sports car company.
Except for the last bit, isn't that what alll SUVs do?
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM
ZeTurbo's Avatar
ZeTurbo ZeTurbo is offline
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,032
Montreal, Canada
Send a message via MSN to ZeTurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
It's not just an SUV, though. It tends to represent everything that's wrong with SUVs. It weighs way too much, it has no utility, it tries to be both an offroader and a sports car and fails at both, it costs ridiculous amounts of money and is bought mostly as a show piece. And all this comes from what was supposed to be a sports car company.
So? does being a sports car company mean you have limited means of making money?i couldn't care less if they made tractors and toasters, as long their sports cars were good.

I mean, i wish TVR or detomaso or had made one so that they'd still be around today!!
__________________
Who killed the Electric Car?
GO HABS GO!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:17 AM
demonrunning07 demonrunning07 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 319
where the oranges grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
So? does being a sports car company mean you have limited means of making money?i couldn't care less if they made tractors and toasters, as long their sports cars were good.

I mean, i wish TVR or detomaso or had made one so that they'd still be around today!!
You make some good points, I feel ya. I guess it's just that I don't get the point of an "eco-friendly" supercar. But if they can make money off of it (and then use that money to make more awesome cars!) then I guess it makes sense for them.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Wouter Melissen's Avatar
Wouter Melissen Wouter Melissen is offline
Supporting Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,445
Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
You make some good points, I feel ya. I guess it's just that I don't get the point of an "eco-friendly" supercar. But if they can make money off of it (and then use that money to make more awesome cars!) then I guess it makes sense for them.
I believe the upcoming emission regulations demand the manufacturers to lower emissions across the board. So for supercar builders to continue with high performance cars they have to have 'green' cars to balance them out. Hence the hybrid Porsches and Aston Martin's Cygnet. It seems they simply have no choice.
__________________
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,166
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
Cygnet's is Aston's Cayenne too apparently according to Aston's CEO. And it will cost 50.000€ or soemthing. For a riced iQ...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
demonrunning07 demonrunning07 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 319
where the oranges grow
I couldn't understand the Cygnet either. Do they really expect people to buy it or are they just "producing" it to balance out their emissions?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Wouter Melissen's Avatar
Wouter Melissen Wouter Melissen is offline
Supporting Admin
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,445
Rozenburg
Send a message via MSN to Wouter Melissen
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrunning07 View Post
I couldn't understand the Cygnet either. Do they really expect people to buy it or are they just "producing" it to balance out their emissions?
I actually think it is a pretty smart move. People will buy it. Especially in big European cities like London and Paris it makes a lot of sense. It is much more practical than Aston's conventional cars but is nevertheless equally exclusive.
__________________
If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,166
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
They will buy it, that's for sure. But what's the point of having a 50 grand iQ?

At least the Cayenne wasn't simply a Volkswagen with different bumpers and lights...
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:32 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,309
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
They will buy it, that's for sure. But what's the point of having a 50 grand iQ?

At least the Cayenne wasn't simply a Volkswagen with different bumpers and lights...
Because when you have a 50 grand IQ, you obtain the right to put on a famous bumper sticker: My other car is an Aston Martin....
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 AM
Ferrer's Avatar
Ferrer Ferrer is offline
Furniture
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 33,166
Barcelona
Send a message via MSN to Ferrer
As far as I could understand you won't be required to have another Aston to buy it.
__________________
Lack of charisma can be fatal.
Visca Catalunya!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:37 AM
henk4's Avatar
henk4 henk4 is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 27,309
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
As far as I could understand you won't be required to have another Aston to buy it.
my understanding is that only Aston owners can buy one (and give it to their daughters)
__________________
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-11-2010, 04:41 AM
IBrake4Rainbows's Avatar
IBrake4Rainbows IBrake4Rainbows is offline
For Great Justice.
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 14,581
For Tax Purposes, Cayman Islands
Send a message via MSN to IBrake4Rainbows
It's point is to act like a set of luggage or an expensive pen to an Aston Purchaser - as an Accessory. As a standalone vehicle it's ridiculous, but when thought of as a Tender to your Aston Martin Speedboat, it makes more sense.
__________________
<cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Turismo 5 Sauc3 Gaming 1020 05-19-2014 03:16 PM
Forza 2 Demo!!!! werty Gaming 39 05-20-2007 12:28 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.

 

1998 - 2019 Ultimatecarpage.com