Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i once let a girl drive my car.
    true story.
    I made that mistake once. Never again...we were in a high school parking lot, she had no license, and almost tiped my explorer! I think she forgot where the brake was in the excitement. My buddy in the back had a firm grip on both "oh shit!" handles lol

Not sure if this is considered as an ´automotive idiot story´, but I´ll give it a go. We had a guy at work who had a black Dodge pick up truck. Quite nice IMO. The back of the cargo bed was plain black, so he thought it would be nice if the back of the cargo bed would have the brandname Dodge on it. So he painted the letters himself (they were HUGE) and spelled as : D O G D E...
    Not just an error, he really did not know how to spell the make of his own truck. So he drove it like this for months, untill a few guys told him... Not hilarious, but a bit sad I think ...
    We also have a ´riced´ blue Honda in the neighbourhood, with a large decal on it spelled as Bleu Evil.
    Ok, everyone can make a mistake/typ-o, but when you put something on your car permanently you should at least know how to spell it correctly ...you would think.

I think Bleu was done on purpose, if the owner was French.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I think Bleu was done on purpose, if the owner was French.
    I would guess he´s Dutch... And ´Bleu´ as in French combined with ´Evil´ as in English would not make much sense I guess. Ah well

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Dietrich strikes again!
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    The back of the cargo bed was plain black, so he thought it would be nice if the back of the cargo bed would have the brandname Dodge on it. So he painted the letters himself (they were HUGE) and spelled as : D O G D E ...
    Ok, everyone can make a mistake/typ-o, but when you put something on your car permanently you should at least know how to spell it correctly ...you would think.
    I'd like to know who printed up all the Camero stickers.

Why is it when you ask a Chrysler owner what they drive, they say Mopar? Isn't that their parts division?
    Should Mustang owners say they drive a Motorcraft?
    Last edited by Old Sage; 04-03-2007 at 02:40 AM.

Since this thread is revived kinda I thought i'd post this story.

We were having coffee and a smoke outside of school last week, when a VW Golf V drove of the parking lot and took the corner much to fast (screaming tires). Then the driver switched to 2nd gear... KRRGGGGTTTSSTT ... noise coming from the cogs...

At the end of the street they stopped. A girl stepped out on the driver's side to be quickly replaced by the guy sitting next to her

Proper proof of the popular saying..

So as me and my 3 friends were leaving the movie theater just earlier, some loser in a blue mid 1990's Integra was revving his car.. hard. We laughed since it sounded like a whistle and considered him a loser.

Two minutes later, we turn right at the traffic light, and a few seconds after we turn.. we all hear a loud screeching noise and a heavy thud. My friend slows down, we all turn around and to our humor and amazement, this same kid in the Integra tried to.. I guess drift his FWD integra around the turn. However, instead of doing a fully-sic pimptyte doriftooo he ended up hopping the kerb and in the bushes of someone's front lawn.

Karma's a bitch sometimes.

Story of the year.
    All about the t-tops

I see people in riced Integras all the time. It's a damn shame because stock or done right, those cars were great. I loved them. My father had an Integra hatch, 1990, I think. Loved the styling, great luggage capacity, powerful engine. I really do hate it when they rice it though.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I see people in riced Integras all the time. It's a damn shame because stock or done right, those cars were great. I loved them. My father had an Integra hatch, 1990, I think. Loved the styling, great luggage capacity, powerful engine. I really do hate it when they rice it though.
    I think 70% of Integras are riced I see at least 3 riced ones everyday in a small town

My friend was riding over to my house today on his '03 Aprilia RX50 (de-restricted), he noticed a Focus estate patrol car about 4 cars back so he slowed from 45mph to 30mph when the car overtook, put it's lights on and requested that he stop. Shaun, who was bricking himself because he was at first speeding, has illegal offroad tyres AND has his bike de-restricted ("do I stop or do I f**king run!?") dismounted and the copper comes over to him:
    PC: "Good morning son, may I ask how old you are?"
    Shaun: "Hello, 16.
    PC: "Oh, do you have some form of identity on your persons?"
    Shaun: "Yes, my provisional?"
    PC: "Right, oh, sorry, just felt it necessary to stop and check you, but you looked a little small to be riding that bike, what is it?"
    Shaun: "Oh, no worries sir, it's an Aprilia RX50..."
    PC: "50CC!? wow, nice bike, I'll be letting you go now, good day"

25MINS LATE IT MADE HIM, MY GIRLFRIEND WAS NOT HAPPY! I ahd to wait for him so he could put his bike in my Garage, d**k. lol
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I hope he acts like a ****if you are stopped by the police.
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 05-07-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    PC: "50CC!? wow, nice bike, I'll be letting you go now, good day"
    i had a cop pull me over when i first got my mini to check it out. i was speeding, and he did give me a warning, but he told me he was giving me a warning when he first came up to the car. the entire time he was talking to me, he was looking all over it, checking it out.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information