Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pushing and shoving ok, NASCAR says

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Obviously, NASCAR's fanbase isn't the business-suit wearing, martini sipping entrepreneur. Most of the fans are just hard-working good-old-boys from the American south who take enjoyment in that type of stuff.
    Yes, and we DONT need to encourage those people to be more violent.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

ok people, if you think NASCAR is boring, you obviously havent seen many races in NASCAR. Real NASCAR fans dont watch for the accidents, its a myth. We watch it because it is the most exciting type of racing. Even without wrecks. I bet half of you that say its boring are F1 fans. Now those races are truly boring. Has there been a margin of victory in F1 under 2 seconds this year without the leader slowing down on the last lap? doubt it, but in NASCAR there have been at least 4 finishes where the first 2 cars were side by side, and the most recent one at the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, the lead was swapped 3 times coming to the finish line off of the last turn. You can't say that is boring. If so, then you are just mad that a sport you find "uncivilized" is more popular and FAR more exciting than F1. How can anyone find that crap exciting, I tape the races and I watch the start, see who has the lead, and I know who wins the race. They might as well do the podium ceremony after qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax13 View Post
    Deliberate spinning out, blocking, fist fights, NASCAR is a ****ing free for all in cars, its like having a bunch of wannabe "gangstas" racing in a circle. And basketball and football, you only have to look at the fights, shootings, DUIs, and various other crimes commited by players...
    By your logic you can tear any sport apart...

And before you read the list, understand that I am a huge fan of F1 and hockey.

F1: Most boring races with little to no passing and very few leader changes and constant bitching about cheating and constantly taking problems that could be solved otherwise into the courtroom. Also, politics play more of an important role than the fan's interest in the sport.
    Hockey: Constant fighting is the only thing that brings fans to the game and is currently shown on OLN (need I say more?)
    Soccer (Association Football): Boring, low scoring, players dive all the time.

This retarded shit could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Quote Originally Posted by energyracing View Post
    ok people, if you think NASCAR is boring, you obviously havent seen many races in NASCAR. Real NASCAR fans dont watch for the accidents, its a myth. We watch it because it is the most exciting type of racing. Even without wrecks. I bet half of you that say its boring are F1 fans. Now those races are truly boring. Has there been a margin of victory in F1 under 2 seconds this year without the leader slowing down on the last lap? doubt it, but in NASCAR there have been at least 4 finishes where the first 2 cars were side by side, and the most recent one at the Pepsi 400 at Daytona, the lead was swapped 3 times coming to the finish line off of the last turn. You can't say that is boring. If so, then you are just mad that a sport you find "uncivilized" is more popular and FAR more exciting than F1. How can anyone find that crap exciting, I tape the races and I watch the start, see who has the lead, and I know who wins the race. They might as well do the podium ceremony after qualifying.
    Quality not quantity. F1 passes are more exciting.
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Thread Information