Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Monaco 2005

I think a few of the Michelin rubbers are going easy on the tyres, Williams for one reckon they could get 2 races from a set of tyres or at least have said that in the past for this year, then theres Renault and McLaren which are the only 2 that seem to be making the rubber work with their machinery.

Raulf slick? whats that, french? That race in Malaysia wasnt so much the Williams having pace though, Fisichella really had his aero on the car screwed up. Less downforce and then leading up to the accident his tyres were going so there was less mechanica grip. There were heap of things with that race that couldve been done better
    I am the Stig

Raulf last out was really holdeing mark back if he held second i think he would have been 2-3 places better off in the end
    Wee Wee Poo Poo
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Wow, what a race! For the first 50 or so laps it was a case of same old Monaco GP, impossible to overtake, strategy being the key and the front two of Raikkonen and Alonso dominating as expected. But for the last 20-30 laps it all just came alive! I guess the FIA will claim it as a victory for their one set of tyres per race rule with the Renaults getting into all sorts of trouble with their rear tyres and setting up a grand stand finish in the middle of the pack.

Congrats to the Williams boys for rescuing what was a potentially disastrous race with their poor starts and showing they had the cojones to lunge at Alonso time and time again; a well deserverd double podium. Feel sorry for Jarno Trulli after making the bravest move of the race to take Fisichella at the Loews hairpin only to suffer some damage in the process. Hard luck too for DC who was looking strong for a good points finish before being collected by MS at Mirabeau.

Obviously the plaudits have to go to Kimi for a completely faultless weekend. The McLaren has been the quickest car at the last three GPs and has given two consecutive victories for Kimi, and it's all looking very ominous for Alonso at the top of the WDC standings. At this rate it's only gonna be a matter of time before Kimi is up with Fernando at the top. It's all being set up for one of the most exciting championships in years!!!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

It was an error for Renault to stop during the Sefety Car lap.
    I'm happy for the Raikonnen's victory

i agree it was a great race. but really only two (as far as i saw) racing overtaking maneuvers! you've got to be kidding

All is not lost for Ferrari; Michael Schumacher was putting in some very impressive laps after the safety car period. He could have probably taken on the Williams drivers on a regular track and without the Albers incident.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    All is not lost for Ferrari; Michael Schumacher was putting in some very impressive laps after the safety car period. He could have probably taken on the Williams drivers on a regular track and without the Albers incident.
    They were allowed into a points scoring position by Villeneuve's stupid manouvre that took him and Massa out of the pack that was ahead of the Ferraris.

I am a bit puzzled as well as to why Michael Schumacher was not penalised for crossing the pit exit lane. His two left tyres clearly crossed the line.

Also puzzled as to how Raikkonen was pulling out huge leads, yet Montoya couldn't pull out anything from Ralf, Michael and Rubens after they passed Fisichella and Trulli.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    Similar situation to Imola really. In the second phase of the race the Ferraris suddenly go into warp speed and start setting fastest laps all over the place. I think on a 'normal' track Schumi would've finished higher, but would he have caught Kimi? I guess we'll never know how hard Kimi was pushing in the last 20-25 laps of the race, and how much performance he could've squeezed out of the McLaren if necessary. Until Ferrari/Bridgestone can sort out their one lap qualy pace then I don't think they are gonna be able to make up the huge amount of ground they've already lost in the championship to Renault and McLaren.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

what happened between schumi and rubens on the last lap?
    also, one of the commentators mentioned something about two identical lap times?
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

A cynical person might suggest Ferrari team orders to allow MS past Rubens.

Of course Ferrari would never stoop to such a level...

In other news: Juan Pablo Montoya, who is rubbish, and missed two GPs still has more points than Michael Schumacher.

Alex Wurz, who has only been in one race has more points than Villenueve.

Villeneuve is pretty much pointless. Tres droll eh?
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 05-22-2005 at 09:21 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

There were no teamorders at Ferrari, Schumacher was just smarter.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

I don't want to sound like a no it all but i did say williams were going to have a good day
    I felt for Webber missing out on 2nd he had some bad luck after the last pit stop but the bad start hurt as much Was a good day for Williams and they were very happy as they should be they finally look like they got it almost 100% right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I think it will be a good day for williams if they keep there tyres in tacked, Cause there lack of straight speed wont hurt them here

For those who missed it, to day's stage in the Giro d'Italia, crossing the 2758 meter high Stelvio Pass (discussed in other threads) was far more interesting. In cycling people do overtake regularly
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Did you miss the Williams with Alonso???

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Did you miss the Williams with Alonso???
    Alonso drives a Renault as far as I know
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information