Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Viper (1st gen) RT/10 1992-1995

Guest Guest
    nobody said "hey i want pics of the Viper, but theres not enough in the current thread!"

Guest Guest
    i think youll be wating a long while Matra!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Again WHO told you it was a resource for car images ?
    If you go to the main page you'll find it's not run-of-the-mill cars.
    ( ducks as everyone screams the viper is the coolest car in the world etc etc )

Also if you click search, advanced search and put viper in then select to search just the titles you'll find plenty of other threads with pics, videos and links.

I think you may have gotten a wee bit confused by just this one sub-forum which is added to by one of UCPers 'greats' and tries to get the best media and hi res images to share rather than lots of mediocrity.

If you check with Matt and they're high res enough I'm sure he'll be happy to see them here. If they're only medium res then you can always add them to the other threads the search will have found for you or create your won thread.

Looking forward to seeing high res unique images of interesting shots .......
    Well considering the title... Ultimate Car Pages, I saw it as a good resource for car images. As for being a forum not so much, that's why I was lurking around more than posting. Anyways, I guess there's just a miss communication of what area is what. I assumed this area was where you'd just post hi-res images of cars based on the title of the thread. As for Matt, I had asked him about Viper pics and never got a response. I searched here partially and this was the best thread.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Forever92
    Well considering the title... Ultimate Car Pages, I saw it as a good resource for car images. As for being a forum not so much, that's why I was lurking around more than posting. Anyways, I guess there's just a miss communication of what area is what. I assumed this area was where you'd just post hi-res images of cars based on the title of the thread. As for Matt, I had asked him about Viper pics and never got a response. I searched here partially and this was the best thread.
    no problem, as you can see though your images aren't hi res at all.
    They're still worthy of posting but maybe not here.
    Find or create another thread is best for med/lo res images.
    Then new folsk know they'll fidn the bets hi-res ones here.

How did you try to contact Matt ? It's not like him not to reply !!

Try using the search instructions given , you'll find hundreds of threads

and if you go to the sites actual main page and click on cars and dodge you'll find http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&brand=Dodge and see not only pics, but write-ups too
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    no problem, as you can see though your images aren't hi res at all.
    They're still worthy of posting but maybe not here.
    Find or create another thread is best for med/lo res images.
    Then new folsk know they'll fidn the bets hi-res ones here.

How did you try to contact Matt ? It's not like him not to reply !!

Try using the search instructions given , you'll find hundreds of threads

and if you go to the sites actual main page and click on cars and dodge you'll find http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&brand=Dodge and see not only pics, but write-ups too
    Yeah... some of Matt's images aren't really high res to me either so that's why I felt mine were ok to post here.

I PMed Matt as well as posting in both "requests" thread and didn't get a good reception at all.

Yeah, searching takes a while so that's why I did a partial and only went through some of the pages of results.

Finally, I don't want to sound like a snob or anything but I've seen that link and got all those pics. Seen it done it...
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Guest Guest
    partial search=partial results

Yeah... some of Matt's images aren't really high res to me either so that's why I felt mine were ok to post here.

I PMed Matt as well as posting in both "requests" thread and didn't get a good reception at all.
    Might that "reception" have been the answer no because they weren't hi res enough and 'just' street pics ?
    If so you have to respect Matt's thread and it's goals to be the best of the hi-res around. Matt lets others join in his post fest IF they are hi res. Occasionally some of us mistakenly post one or 2 med res and he let's us away with it.

If I'm right and that's how it was going down then seems fair to respect Matt's request and by all means post in another thread ( or create one ) so that UCPers know that in this thread the quality will always be the best available.

We can't always get a 'yes' answer that we want and have to accept it sometimes. IF your images are valued by UCPers the thread will get its attendees regardless of where it is. Don't be afraid to "go it alone" as long as they are unique and good pics !!
    Finally, I don't want to sound like a snob or anything but I've seen that link and got all those pics. Seen it done it...
    No problem I was only supplying it as the language you were using made me think you hadn't seen them. I mean how many different pics of a car do we really need
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Wow, this place sucks ass for being a car pic only site... Let me revive this great thread with posting what my two Vipers would look like! I'll have one sometime.

Minus a couple of crap on the RT10...
    Actually, there is a thread for every single factory Viper model ever produced, as well as threads for a few aftermarket versions. All in all, there are 175 high-resolution photos of Vipers in the HideOut. I'm sorry if that is not to your liking. As Matra said, I choose to only post high-quality photos, usually from media sites and not of amateur photos (such as the ones you posted). Also, to compare the photos of your resolution to mine is a complete joke.

Plus, the only realistic request you've made was for a very specific racer with very specific livery. It wasn't possible. All the other requests you've made have been for non-models, such as cars with sparks flying out from underneath them or cars with targa tops.
    Last edited by Matt; 10-19-2005 at 03:25 AM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Dodge Viper RT/10#11
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Dodge Viper RT/10 #12

Lucky number 13 My Viper:
    Last edited by Matt; 06-13-2006 at 08:26 AM.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Quote Originally Posted by early93viper
    Lucky number 13 My Viper:
    Hey now. You gotta follow the rules. 1024x768 or larger. I've deleted the ones that don't comply. If you have them in a higher resolution, feel free to repost.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Dodge Viper RT/10 Concept Cars (1989-1991)

Before it came into production in 1992 Dodge created several prototypes.
    In 1989 Dodge presented a concept car that appeared like it would have been designed like a toycar for the Hotwheels department.
    Painted in flashing red (strange because the snake Dodge took its name from naturally remains green) with long frontend, sidepipes and 3-spoke wheels in turbine style the new concept clearly catched eyes.
    Although the car shown on these images is the first of 3 (4 if you count the official 25th Indianapolis pacecar to them) concept designes for the Viper this is the one which comes closest to the later production version. It has almost the same proportions, features very similar style of head- and taillights, has Targa-like roofsection and already rims that look almost the same. The main differences are the windshield which is framed by very large sidemirrors (production car featured them mounted on the doors), visible chromed pipes behind the vents in front of the doors and smoked headlights. The engine is less covered, the whole interior and almost every bodypart received little changed 3 years later.
    The original concept was to create a car that was inspirated by the legendary (UK AC-based) Cobra by Carrol Shelby. But in the end the Viper was too heavy, too martial and too unique for beeing compared to this legend.
    Propelled by a V10 originally built for a truck and redesigned with help of Lamborghini (the Italian sportscar manufacturer belonged to Chrysler at that time) the Viper is considered to be a car that has been built arround its motor. But with introduction of the production car it surprised with nice handling making it attractive for trackracing. The Transaxle design (engine behind front- and transmission before the rearaxle) is typical for US-American sportscars. Until today the Viper is the only US-based competitor for the all-mighty Corvette.
    Last edited by Yeahone; 08-10-2010 at 12:33 AM.

In 1991 Dodge created again 2 concept cars. The first one was painted in white and shows less parallels to the origin. It had a higher windshield and came without a roof. Headlights are completely different, frontfoglights were replaced by red filler panels, sidepipes removed, the third brakelight was mounted on the trunk and the wheels were now 5-spoke turbines that looked like cutters.

The second car is a red pre-production version. In its early stage it looked already very similar to the endproduct but had the rims of the white concept, the sidepipes were almost completely retracted under bodycolour (later unpainted anthrazite plastic) and the rearindicators were integrated in the main-taillights. The car already featured sidemirrors on the doors and third brakelight under the bodycolour painted plastic cover of the rollcage.

The last picture compares 1989 concept (as a scaled down model with the door-mounted sidemirrors) with a sketch of the production RT/10.
    Last edited by Yeahone; 08-03-2010 at 12:48 AM.

In 1992 Carrol Shelby piloted a pre-production RT/10 as a pace car for the 25th Indianapolis race.

The first photo shows a sketch, second Shelby with the 1989 prototype (batched with Indy-stickers), 3rd one a closeup on the vinyl and the last displays Shelby with the really driven pre-production Viper. Notice the frontend with endproduct fascia and headlights, extracted spoilerlip and sidemarkers, sidemirrors and wheels. You can even spot the vents in the rear of the bonnet aswell as stuff only given to the pace car like a badge on the nose and Dodge-sticker on the windshield.

Thread Information