Thread: Injury threatens Montoyas chances of racing in Bahrain

Injury threatens Montoyas chances of racing in Bahrain

JPM seems to have slipped over or something in a tennis match and scored himself a hairline fracture and some tissue damage to his shoulder and collar bone, which is threatening his chances of being fit enough for Bahrain in a weeks time. For worst case scenario, McLaren will be keeping Pedro de la Roso on standby to fill in for him, and be deciding whether to modify an MP4/20 to suite the extra height of Alex Wurz or simply bringing an MP4/19B to fulfil Friday 3rd car practise duties.
    I am the Stig

In other injury news, it seems Webber has raced the first 2 rounds with a fractured rib

Quote Originally Posted by f1.racing-live.com
    Webber races through the pain
    Australian star racing with a broken rib

Photo F1-Live.com
    Webber pushing hard for BMW Williams
    According to reports from Australia, BMW Williams racer Mark Webber has been contesting the opening races of the season with a broken rib. MNews state that a slightly ill fitting seat in pre- season testing in Barcelona saw Webber fracture a rib.

With pain killing injections Webber was able to race to fifth position in Melbourne while the pain has subsided somewhat by the Malaysian Grand Prix. However, he opted not to test last week in Barcelona to allow the injury more time to heal.

The injury is not expected to compromise his Bahrain weekend too much as he will be back on track and aiming to move up from ninth position in the driver standings.

McLaren Mercedes meanwhile have yet to make any further announcement regarding Juan Pablo Montoya’s injured shoulder. Pedro de la Rosa is expected to take the Colombian’s seat should he be unable to race.
    I am the Stig

Yeah seen that about webber on Skynews tonight. Was shocked
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

See? Tennis is dangerous and should be removed from our televisions, think of the children!

Its a good thing that the USA invaded Iraq before that Tennis playing Saddam got out of control then

PS Down with Montoya. Booo Hissss. Rubbish!
    Thanks for all the fish

i keep trying to convince myself that montoya is making F1 interesting, but all he ever does is shunt other drivers.

well in a way its still making it interesting, at least up until the accidents he gets involved in. But i suppose most overtaking moves these days either end in tears, or its all over in seconds when Schumacher's lapping the Minardi's.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information