Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Touring Cars

The A8 DTM from the Sinsheim Museum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

woo saw my first sierra RS500 road car last week, what a beast, nearly crashed lookin at it in the driveway lol
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    1990 Nissan Mobil 500, Wellington, NZ – Emanuele Pirro/Johnny Cecotto (M3 Evo)
    1991 Nissan Mobil 500, Wellington, NZ – Emanuele Pirro/Johnny Cecotto (M3 Evo Sport)
    i believe Joachim Winkelhock drove in those races with Pirro, not Cecotto. Pirro and Winkelhock also won the Pukekohe 500 in 1991, beating the almighty Nissan GT-Rs.

just to let you know, i just joined and i love the group A ATCC cars from 1988-1992, when "Godzilla" was king. could you guys find me some video clips of ATCC races from this period? i'd really like to make a tribute video to these sorts of cars, but have found nothing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    DTMs ...I've more but I can't put them , have to modify some stuff i don't know how
    thanx mate, what needs modifying? I'll try to help you out.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I think I'm gonna send you that by msn , easier...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    I think I'm gonna send you that by msn , easier...
    just use Flickr...

Always was a sucker for the cars you'd see in TOCA.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    just use Flickr...
    or PM him by UCp , I'm a complicated boy
    other audis pics in the potd thread
    Last edited by forza_autodelta; 10-22-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_2005
    i believe Joachim Winkelhock drove in those races with Pirro, not Cecotto. Pirro and Winkelhock also won the Pukekohe 500 in 1991, beating the almighty Nissan GT-Rs.

Thanks for post.
    You are correct for 1991 - my mistake there. Joachim Winkelhock did indeed share the winning BMW with Pirro in the 1991 Nissan Mobil 500 at Wellington. Here's an internet source on the result: http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...ellington.html. Have now corrected the result in the earlier post.
    And I had forgotten about Pukekohe - thanks.
    However, according to the same website source, it was Cecotto who shared the 1990 win. Source here: http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...ellington.html.
    I have to rely to a certain extent on the accuracy of this website - its probably the best one for touring car results and photos from the 60s through to the 90s.
    Of course, anyone with access to contemporary reports of the races that were published in Autcourse, Autosport, Auto Action, or any of the NZ or Australian newspapers or magazines can confirm the results of the 1990 Wellington race and feel free to correct me. I have contemporary reports of the races, but they are in storage at my parents place in NZ - so I can't immediately access them to check myself unfortunately.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro_2005
    just to let you know, i just joined and i love the group A ATCC cars from 1988-1992, when "Godzilla" was king. could you guys find me some video clips of ATCC races from this period? i'd really like to make a tribute video to these sorts of cars, but have found nothing so far.
    Try either Chevron Publishing (http://www.chevron.com.au/ or check their ads in any issue of Australian Muscle Car or Motor Racing Australia) - they originally bought out the videos and may still have some in stock. Hopefully they'll reissue them on DVD.
    Failing that, try Ebay (I've seen them come up there - but they sold for much more than I'm willing to pay) or contact one of the major motoring bookshops (Autobookworld in Sydney or Technical Books in Melbourne) and maybe they can help.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Its time I posted the next history one one of the classic touring cars.
    However, I'm spoilt for choice. So, I'm opening this up.
    Which of the following cars should I post on next? I'd like to stick to Group A cars for now. General consensus in the next few days will determine which one I post on first.
    1. Jaguar XJS (TWR, John Goss Group C, etc)
    2. Volvo 240 Turbo (Eggenburger, RAS, etc)
    3. Holden Commodore Group A racers (there were five of them - two VK versions, VL, VL TWR and VN - teams such as the Mobil Holden Dealer Team and Holden Racing Team).
    4. BMW 635CSI (Schnitzer, JPS Racing, etc).
    So, which car should be next?

the Jaguar would be nice
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

And the Jag just happens to be the car I'd started writing on (on a word doc) until I got writers block...

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    And the Jag just happens to be the car I'd started writing on (on a word doc) until I got writers block...
    not a good idea then to put it nevertheless on the wish list

Thread Information