Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What about the Wankel Engine??

Quote Originally Posted by rxheaven
    The one thing i have not seen yet in this thread is a post from someone that actually drives an rx7 or the like.
    I owned an 82 RX7 with the infamous 12a motor. I bought it after it already had over 200,000 miles on it. The previous owner used it mainly for a 50 mile daily commute. I blew the apex seals after driving it about 6000 miles.

I guess it is how you drive.

But, I now own an RX8, and I just aint happy until I hear the rev limiter ding. Wonder how many miles I'll get.

rotary engines

Rotary engines were used in Mercedes Benz pre 70s i think they were racing them,while the mazda 10a was pretty lame the 12a and 13bs with or without turbos offered a great platform to build on that didnt require all the internals a v8 had ,the pistons broke if you even thought about performance modifactions,a rotor can be modified easier and was not as expensive to extract some big hp or 1/4 mile times.Two things in its favour are its revving capabilitys and its light weight compared to some V8s.Now with 20bs things have progressed again and gotten quicker.PACPERFORMANCE ran a 6.96 400m with there 20b 2 weeks ago at the jamboree.THAT WAS FULLY SIK
    My s2 rx7 with a PAC built s413bt ran a best of 12.7 on street tyres

Mercedes only ever put the rotary in the first prototype C111s.
    That was their test-bed for the technology.
    I wasn't aware that any had ever been raced seriously.
    The latter C111s that stormed the record books were DIESEL powered
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by bullitproof7
    Rotary engines were used in Mercedes Benz pre 70s i think they were racing them,while the mazda 10a was pretty lame the 12a and 13bs with or without turbos offered a great platform to build on that didnt require all the internals a v8 had ,the pistons broke if you even thought about performance modifactions,a rotor can be modified easier and was not as expensive to extract some big hp or 1/4 mile times.Two things in its favour are its revving capabilitys and its light weight compared to some V8s.Now with 20bs things have progressed again and gotten quicker.PACPERFORMANCE ran a 6.96 400m with there 20b 2 weeks ago at the jamboree.THAT WAS FULLY SIK
    My s2 rx7 with a PAC built s413bt ran a best of 12.7 on street tyres
    The 20b has the advantage of and extra rotor. Hence all the power.

Thread Information