Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Indeed, the Veyron is a car of extremes, but it's not like the luxurious interior is actually the problem.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the Veyron is a car of extremes
    Indeed. It was just built to demontrate the technically doable. It's an engineering marvel. But...if you look into the video thread, there is a Gallardo that's able to reach 250 mph in just one mile. Thats 2 miles earlier than the Veyron would manage.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Indeed. It was just built to demontrate the technically doable. It's an engineering marvel. But...if you look into the video thread, there is a Gallardo that's able to reach 250 mph in just one mile. Thats 2 miles earlier than the Veyron would manage.
    I've just posted another video of a Ford GT doing 15 mph more than the Gallardo at the end of the mile. On the other hand, even with all the aerodynamics issues the Veyron had, I'd be curious to know how those cars "handle" at such speed or just very high speeds. Let alone that every time they stop the Gallardo it becomes completely uncontrollable.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I would definitely take the Veyron. Fastest car in the world, and like an Audi A8 around town. Not bad.

The SSC is basically a reworked Diablo with a turbocharged Corvette engine. Yet another, if i may say so. (Hulme, Mosler, Joss, Bertone, etc, etc, etc) It has no class whatsoever. And its cheap for a reason...e.g., its rubbish.

If you pull up at a posh party in an Aero, they will say ''What the hell is that?''. If you pull up in a Veyron, they'll say ''Whoa, that's a Veyron.''
    I am the most humble person in the world and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

The obscurity factor of the Aero would actually be a bonus in my eyes but obviously I'd still take the Veyron over it. Given a bit more choice I'd much rather have 2 or 3 supercars in lieu of the Veyron - the cachet of being the fastest and super expensive/exclusive would be outweighed by the enjoyment of having both a Ferrari & a Lambo in my opinion....

it would be germany for the bugatti. and people doubt the ssc so much. it is less than half the price of the standard veyron, handles better, and has a higher top speed. the only things that are not up to par with the bugatti are the interior isn't as classy, yet the SSC still has first rate materials and build quality, and acceleration at lower speeds because it does not have any traction control and is only rear wheel drive compared with the veyron's all wheel drive and many electronic control systems. the are both great cars but stop putting down and doubting an american company. they built an exceptional, first rate, supercar to compete with the best....for half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by deman13 View Post
    it would be germany for the bugatti. and people doubt the ssc so much. it is less than half the price of the standard veyron, handles better, and has a higher top speed. the only things that are not up to par with the bugatti are the interior isn't as classy, yet the SSC still has first rate materials and build quality, and acceleration at lower speeds because it does not have any traction control and is only rear wheel drive compared with the veyron's all wheel drive and many electronic control systems. the are both great cars but stop putting down and doubting an american company. they built an exceptional, first rate, supercar to compete with the best....for half the price.
    I'm sorry, but that is just wrong. The Veyron beats the Aero to 60 (though i'll concede the Aero has the better 1/4 mile). The SSC doesn't generate NEARLY enough downforce to handle a good corner (a Koenigsegg with 400 less HP and less weight nearly "killed" the Stig at the TG Track, because it didn't generate nearly enough downforce), then its brakes are inferior (technically, it has a shorter stopping distance than the Veyron, but the Veyron weighs over 1000 pounds more, and the SSC has more fade).
    Then, the SSC can't nearly be as reliable as the Veyron. Its a fact. the Veyron was specifically engineered to be incredibly reliable, while the SSC has, as previously stated, a twin turbo'd corvette motor. How reliable can that be? Not very. You hear all the time of a very similar car (they look almost exactly alike, too), the Saleen S7, also with a twin turbo corvette motor, breaking down all the time.

And then the Veyron SS holds the Top Gear power lap record, shattering the Gumpert Apollo's record.

Engineering prevails, no matter what.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

The Saleen has a Ford engine.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

deman13, you are wrong...just wrong. SSC Aero has superior build quality? What do you even mean by "first rate materials"? ITS A KIT CAR.

I can't believe this thread has been resurrected. GO AMERICA's ban should've been the closing verdict in this topic. /grrrr
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KillKevsCorsas View Post
    The SSC is basically a reworked Diablo with a turbocharged Corvette engine. Yet another, if i may say so. (Hulme, Mosler, Joss, Bertone, etc, etc, etc) It has no class whatsoever. And its cheap for a reason...e.g., its rubbish.
    where do you get this from , & more importantly what makes you think its valid ? the SSC may be lower tech than the others , but so what ?

is the corvette engine a poor performer ? there are many seriously fast motorcar owners on this planet with the same engine type that are now going to be dismayed to hear that

& most LOL worthy , a high asking price ensures value for money now does it !

for such a price i'd want more than just a ridiculos top speed and sleek body. There's nothing wrong with what their trying to achieve, but any comparison to the veyron is completely in vain. Luxury in spades, presence...plus a extremely reputable company with I'd assume would have a huge support network for servicing etc.
    The speed is undoubted, plus i'd imagine it'd be on par with anything this SSC would throw at it around bends, not withstanding the fact the AWD and traction assists put it in another echelon in real world driving conditions.
    Credit is due for the SSC but it'll be another story of big promise with little delivery... the sales speak for themselves
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Apparently demand for the new SSC is (relatively) huge in Dubai and the like.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    for such a price i'd want more than just a ridiculos top speed and sleek body. There's nothing wrong with what their trying to achieve, but any comparison to the veyron is completely in vain. Luxury in spades, presence...plus a extremely reputable company with I'd assume would have a huge support network for servicing etc.
    The speed is undoubted, plus i'd imagine it'd be on par with anything this SSC would throw at it around bends, not withstanding the fact the AWD and traction assists put it in another echelon in real world driving conditions.
    Credit is due for the SSC but it'll be another story of big promise with little delivery... the sales speak for themselves
    Leaving aside the whol faster around bends (never saw a test that didn't remark on how quick the SSC was in corners, but never saw it tested "around bends" at 200+, though the same goes for the Veyron). Luxury in spades? From hard seats with a rough ride and deafening engine? It has a sat nav but everything does these days unless you pay extra to delete it. Real world driving conditions? So you're planning on driving a Veyron in traffic? In bad weather? As far as sales figures go the Veyron, from a much larger company, has been struggling to meet it's targets, thus all the special editions. That the SSC sold at all in this economy is impressive.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

He's alive! How've you been, man?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    He's alive! How've you been, man?
    It's been up and down. Got sick and the doctors were mostly useless. Lots of morphine though, so at least it was an entertaining useless.

Nice to be back on the internets though, I was going through postmodem depression and it was not fun.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Thread Information