Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Julia..

A video came up.
    It is from the second race of the first race weekend, my first victory on the track. The filming quality is not the best, but the sound is ok and it gives an impression on how these car sound when you gun it.

If you last til the end you can hear both me and the Ferrari miss-gearing when we are almost side by side racing to the checkered flag.
    Luckily he miss-geared to, if not he would have passed me

Corsa Italiana 08

And yeah, it is the wife of the driver in the black GTV that is recording, obviously.

Sounds better at the track
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Total domination. Grattis!

Looking good, although I'm surprised they could keep so many Alfa's running for such a long period of time with only one (?) breakdown?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    Total domination. Grattis!

Looking good, although I'm surprised they could keep so many Alfa's running for such a long period of time with only one (?) breakdown?
    There where more, many more. But they failed to even enter the track.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    There where more, many more. But they failed to even enter the track.
    Steutel for the win...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Steutel for the win...
    True true.

The reliability of an Alfa Romeo often depends on the skills and knowledge of the man who put it together the second time.

[QUOTE=
    The wide arches that are on the car today, is not very common. I have not seen them on any other car, and they are called "Group 2" wide-arches. If anyone have pics of another car with the same ones, or history/knowledge, it's highly appreciated. They are approved in the homologation papers, but I have yet to see them on another car.

[/QUOTE]

hello lotuslocost

great looking gtv. i have a 69gtv and was thinking of picking up a stepnose to do a track car. i absolutely luv those group 2 wide-arches. do you know where i can get a set? if you still have the old ones i would love to purchase them from you. if not maybe we can have molds from and have a replicas made?

kind regards

dp2

Quote Originally Posted by dome p2 View Post
    hello lotuslocost

great looking gtv. i have a 69gtv and was thinking of picking up a stepnose to do a track car. i absolutely luv those group 2 wide-arches. do you know where i can get a set? if you still have the old ones i would love to purchase them from you. if not maybe we can have molds from and have a replicas made?

kind regards

dp2
    Fred's (LotusL) car came through here..are there enough canadians around you who still speak Dutch?

Garage Steutel, Almkerk

Garage Steutel, Almkerk is in English...
    Last edited by henk4; 07-03-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dome p2 View Post
    hello lotuslocost

kind regards

dp2
    Hi there dp2.

The arches is going to be made molds of maybe this winter.
    I am not interested in selling the old ones, and they are in need of some TLC.
    So they will be used for molds, as there are some guys up here to who wants them.

And feel free to show us your car!
    Is it a 1750?

Hi people =)
    looks you own a really nice car Lotus', let me give you some photos of my dad's car to meet with the other giulias . It's an orange Giulia Super with a 2L engine tuned and prepared for race with all necessary Alfaholics parts. At the moment dad is thinking about preparing a Twin Spark, enjoy:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey forza!
    Good to see you here again!

Looks like your father has a nice Giulia Super himself!
    He probably knows the benefits of converting to a TS i bet.
    I had a good 2 liter NORD in my car before as you can see in the early stage of this thread, it's not even comparable to the TS. Are you guys racing her in some sort of series, or just track day fun? Would love to see more photos if you have!

Hi there dp2.

The arches is going to be made molds of maybe this winter.
    I am not interested in selling the old ones, and they are in need of some TLC.
    So they will be used for molds, as there are some guys up here to who wants them.

And feel free to show us your car!
    Is it a 1750?
    LL

sorry for the late reply. i had problems logging in... as you can see i have 2 log on names,one i made years ago and forgot about. im both domep2 and raging soul.

fantastic news that you have loan the arches to have mold made. i'll be interested in the arches when they are ready.

i'll been flowing the rebuild of your car and seems like you have quite a bit of fiberglass body panels. how much does your car weight? your cars seems to have a lot body roll on the vids. what spring rates are you running? over here in north america we seem to run our cars really stiff 1200lb up front.

yea mines is a 1750 with cams and head work that i ported myself. I want to keep that as a street car and build up a dedicated track stepnose.

thanks for sharing

dp2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey forza!
    Good to see you here again!

Looks like your father has a nice Giulia Super himself!
    He probably knows the benefits of converting to a TS i bet.
    I had a good 2 liter NORD in my car before as you can see in the early stage of this thread, it's not even comparable to the TS. Are you guys racing her in some sort of series, or just track day fun? Would love to see more photos if you have!

hi, dad races in track day for fum and regularly in the french saloon car series. we might race with in the dutch challenge at Dijon and Assen for a time, dunno yet.
    no prob for more photos'; give you my msn (***************) and I'll certainly add more pics later on forum =)
    regards
    vincent
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 07-18-2008 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raging soul View Post
    LL

sorry for the late reply. i had problems logging in... as you can see i have 2 log on names,one i made years ago and forgot about. im both domep2 and raging soul.

fantastic news that you have loan the arches to have mold made. i'll be interested in the arches when they are ready.

i'll been flowing the rebuild of your car and seems like you have quite a bit of fiberglass body panels. how much does your car weight? your cars seems to have a lot body roll on the vids. what spring rates are you running? over here in north america we seem to run our cars really stiff 1200lb up front.

yea mines is a 1750 with cams and head work that i ported myself. I want to keep that as a street car and build up a dedicated track stepnose.

thanks for sharing

dp2
    Hi there dp2

It is the wide arches and the bonnet and boot lid who is fiberglass per now.
    I am thinking about doors to, we'll see when winter arrives.
    The cars weighs now 901kg without me in it and a half full tank.
    Regarding the bodyroll. I run 1000lbs springs in front, and you may be right that is a bit to little. To be honest the chassis is still to be sorted out properly. I also have a thought about making a wat-link for the rear end.
    The funny thing is that i beat those 116series cars that has spend many hours making chassis set up's and spent many many dollars in Ron Simmons gear, with a chassis with little attention above normal done to it.
    I will let you know after some time how the mold process is going.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta View Post
    hi, dad races in track day for fum and regularly in the french saloon car series. we might race with in the dutch challenge at Dijon and Assen for a time, dunno yet.
    no prob for more photos'; give you my msn (*************) and I'll certainly add more pics later on forum =)
    regards
    vincent
    I have added you.

Thread Information