Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jeep SRT-8

I found this website for you, that shows the statistics of peopel who die per million in what types of accidents. so this takes out the more people drive this or more people drive that arguement. it also shows the risk level for deaths of the other vehicles involved in the accidents. surprisingly suv's didnt do all that bad. where sport cars killed more people and more drivers died. trucks the driver is more likely do die, adn I belive it showed on the graph that they killed more people then suv's aswell. midsized cars, didnt fair that much better then teh suv's. so if you want to talk accidnet and saftey issues, seems suv's are pretty much middle of the road. so even more statistical proof that they are jack of all trade, master of none lol...freak

http://www.aceee.org/pubs/t021full.pdf

of course the driver dies most, there's always a driver in the car.

If you buy a half decent station wagon you can tow plenty, and a lot of wagons these days still have the option of having 2 more seats fitted in the rear. An AWD V8 Adventra will pull 2500kg, my mates family tow a 6m boat with a V8 Statesman or a V6 Crewman, neither of which are AWD and are both normal cars.

Quote Originally Posted by thestanger
    My wife was just in an accident a couple of weeks ago and she came out with no injuries other than the normal stiffness anyone would get.
    More Likely.

Not "definately".

Quote Originally Posted by Geneticfreak
    mini vans are probably just as likely to roll over as an suv, minivans and station wagons do not stop or corner well. station wagons and minivans absolutely suck in the snow, and on icy roads, and they suck on rainy surfaces. so if you are a person who drives in those situations, forget style, the suv is still a winner.
    "Probably"?

How can a station wagon not corner or handle as well as the saloon it is based on?

As for rolling, SUVs have a higher VGC than cars or MPVs, and have soft suspension and nice high aspect tyres.

Of course they are more likely to roll than a car/saloon/mpv which is lower and has stiffer suspension.

surprisingly suv's didnt do all that bad. where sport cars killed more people and more drivers died.
    You don't think that is because sportscars are more likely to be travelling at a higher speed when they crash?

midsized cars, didnt fair that much better then teh suv's.
    Look at those cars those; outdated cheap American junk.

A Neon gets what; 2 star NCAP rating?

No wonder loads of people get killed in them.

It's a poor study that compares some of the best SUVs with some of the worst cars.

Try comparing the best SUVs with the best cars and your arguments can easily be dismissed.
    Thanks for all the fish

More Likely.

Not "definately".
    Go ahead and drive your vehicle @ 55mph and hit a brick wall and truthfully tell me you don't feel sore and stiff.

It's ok man, you don't have to argue for arguments sake. An SUV is OK to have. Does it get the best gas milage - no. Does it handle as well as a Ferrari - no. Neither does any other regular everyday vehicle you see on the road. IMO - It is just as good as any other vehicle out there and if Jeep can make it better, I say, bring it on. There are worse things you could drive.
    I like my cars like I like my women: Fast & Loose

Of course you have to take into consideration that sports cars are probably going faster. I am very glad you brought that up. because you would also have to take into consideration who drives minivans, and the other vehicles that tested better then suv's, aswell as how incapable most minivans and sedans are not capable of performing the same speeds and such as suv's.

Yes most american cars are shit, there for If you live in america the suv becomes even more appealing. So I wonder why so many americans drive suv's? As far as buying an american car they are your best investment. it will hold its resale value better then a car, although it has its weaknesses, it is much more vast in its capabilitiesa. it can do this, or it can do that, but it cant be the best in every area. You lose a little of this to gain a little of that...freak

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I don't need shitty excuses. I drive an SUV because that's what I bought, it's capabilities are what we needed when me moved and still need now that we own land, it was a friend selling it at the right price at the right time who needed the cash, and by golly I actually like it. You can take it or leave it, your choice. But I drive my Bronco and although it wasn't really the first thing that came to mine, I'm damn proud of it.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Thread Information