Thread: Manthey Porsche M390

Manthey Porsche M390

Manthey M390 IS GO!

Manthey Motors has released the first details of its eagerly anticipated tuning programme for the new 997. Designed to be what Manthey calls "a competitor to a 996 GT3", the new car, known as the M390, is said to blend a fully sports-oriented approach with enough comforts to be used everyday. Central to the M390 is the new carbon front lip spoiler and carbon engine cover with new rear wing, which in wind tunnel testing have been shown to give an increase in downforce by 17kg at the front and 38kg at the rear.

Modifications to increase power centre around a new exhaust (weighing 6.7kg less than the standard item), a new intake manifold and a modified ECU, resulting in a 25bhp increase on both Carrera and Carrera S models, as well as between 7-15lb ft of torque. Prices start at £5,320 excluding VAT. A new short shift kit is available and reduces gearshift movement by 22 per cent.

Manthey also offers a range of suspension upgrades, including progressive sport springs that lower the car by up to 30m or, if customers wish, the complete deletion of PASM, replacing the adaptive damping system with progressive springs and shocks, all of course tested extensively on the Nürburgring, which sits a stones throw from Manthey’s HQ. One piece magnesium BBS wheels round off the look and performance of the M390 package. Manufactured especially for Manthey, these are said to be the lightest 18-inch wheels in the world, a full set tipping the scales at 20kg less than the standard Porsche rims. Although exact prices depend on the specification, you can reckon on a Carrera S M390 with uprated springs and shock absorbers, full aero-kit, short shift kit and magnesium wheels to set you back in the region of £15,500 excluding VAT, painting and fitting.
    For those wanting to take their 997 to full race car spec Manthey also offers items such as a built in rollcage and carbon fibre competition doors that weight just 3.2kg each. More information on these, and a further range of Manthey tuning parts for the 997, can be found by calling UK distributor J Z Machtech on 01923 269788 or by logging on to www.manthey-motors.de.

Manthey’s M390 out testing on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, which just happens to be next to the company’s HQ!

(Image credits: Patrick T.)

Manthey Porsche M390 #1:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McLareN; 05-14-2006 at 08:37 AM.

Manthey Porsche M390 #2:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmmm, I think I'd still get a 996 GT3 over one of these. Better yet, a 997 GT3. CF doors are nice though, I think i'll get a set for my GT3 when it arrives.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I prefer Gemballa and RUF.

and they call them selves a company ???
    they couldnt even clean the exhausts, and not even mention take decent media-caliber shots
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street
    and they call them selves a company ???
    they couldnt even clean the exhausts, and not even mention take decent media-caliber shots
    Pictures are credited to certain Patrick T. Doesnt take Leonhard Euler to figure out that these probably arent shots released by the company.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Looks good to me. Good looks, nice wheels, power boost. Nice package all around.

Thread Information