Thread: Volkswagen Eos Highway 1 Study 2006

Volkswagen Eos Highway 1 Study 2006

(Press release by Volkswagen) EOS HIGHWAY 1 DEBUTS AT PEBBLE BEACH

Volkswagen's California Design Center builds an ideal coastal cruiser

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. The Eos Highway 1 design study will debut at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance during the weekend of August 18-20. It will be showcased on the Concept Lawn in front of the Lodge at Pebble Beach, an ideal setting to emphasize Eos Highway 1's seductive blend of elegance and sporty dynamics.

The Eos Highway 1 was imagined as the perfect vehicle for the car enthusiast's driving lifestyle,said Derek Jenkins, Chief Designer at Volkswagen's Santa Monica, California Design Center. The ease of transforming the Eos from coupe to convertible not only makes it enjoyable for all kinds of weather, it's like having two cars in one, both a comfortable cruiser and a performance coupe. We wanted to reflect that dual nature in the modifications we made in the creation of the design study. The special leather upholstery and piano black lacquer trim are key components of the luxurious interior, but the 20-inch wheel and tire package, lowered suspension, thick flat-bottom sport steering wheel and rear lip spoiler all communicate a different aspect of the car's character performance, the kind that lets a driver really enjoy the challenges of roads like Highway 1.

Eos Highway 1 sits about an inch lower than the stock version due to a coil-over suspension system from H&R Special Springs, a manufacturer of high-quality suspension components. In addition to the more aggressive stance, this setup delivers tauter, performance-oriented handling. Jenkins wanted to strengthen the concept car's sportier stance, and fitted 20 x 8-inch Mille Miglia multi-spoke alloys and then wrapped them in low and wide 245/30 Continental performance tires. A final exterior touch is a discrete trunk lid spoiler that adds an aerodynamic flourish and hint of the car's performance potential.

The Eos Highway 1's drive train features the 250-horsepower 3.2-liter V6 combined with the innovative DSG double-clutch 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic, yet another example of the car's dual nature. The DSG system not only offers the driver the advantage of choosing between full automatic operation or full manual selection, DSG also changes gears more quickly and smoothly than a conventional transmission, while improving fuel economy. The handsomely equipped production Eos 3.2 L, with standard DSG, goes on sale October 2, 2006 at $36,850.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

I didn't know the Eos was a production model...I used to think it was only a concept...

go.Powel, what does "Helping Penis" (next to your avatar) mean?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

it's like a helping hand.... only it's a penis.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Igo.Powel, what does "Helping Penis" (next to your avatar) mean?
    I was just playing with words a bit. Supporting=helping, member=penis. Thus, Helping Penis.

Member = Penis...how did you come up with that??
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE
    Member = Penis...how did you come up with that??
    He didn't
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=member
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

I must be behind the times...I've never heard of that one.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by VW
    The Eos Highway 1 was imagined as the perfect vehicle for the car enthusiast's driving lifestyle,said Derek Jenkins, Chief Designer at Volkswagen's Santa Monica, California Design Center.
    Quote Originally Posted by VW
    the 20-inch wheel and tire package, lowered suspension, thick flat-bottom sport steering wheel and rear lip spoiler
    Oh yes Derek, I'm sure all that any "car enthusiast" would want is 20" wheels, and a flat bottomed steering wheel.

What a complete waste of everyone's time that was.

You know these feckwits actually get paid for this nonsense.
    Thanks for all the fish

I actually really like this, the colour combination is perfect. The wheel design is great too; alright perhaps 18" or 19" wheels would be more ideal, but for the most part VW nailed it with this one.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Nice looking car, but I am not a fan of the VW grill treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin
    I actually really like this, the colour combination is perfect. The wheel design is great too; alright perhaps 18" or 19" wheels would be more ideal, but for the most part VW nailed it with this one.
    Yes it does look nice, but to claim it is a "design study" aimed at "enthusiasts" is a complete nonsense.
    Thanks for all the fish

it looks good
    20" give it a ricer-ish look the rear end it too high and the audi/vw big grill treatment is hideous

I've seen one on the raods here in Vancouver. They are pretty handsome looking cars actually, and that one looks really nice, save for the massive rims.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Yeah, I haven't liked any of the VW grill treatments either really, but for some reason I like this. Although I did see an ABT GTI today at a local mall (some sort of promotion). It was white with the grill blacked out, it looked absolutely amazing. I'll try to get pictures.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Thread Information