Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiat Panda (196) 100HP 2006-2010

Fiat Panda (196) 100HP 2006-2010

Last edited by Duell; 01-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Fiat Panda 100HP #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've just tried it yesterday and wow, what a cracking good little car. It's been a long time since I've tried such a focused FIAT. It doesn't feel superfast but on the speedo 100 km/h comes up quick enough. The best thing about it is the suspension, very firm and grippy for a standard car and the brakes bites instantly. The sport button on the dash is making a huge difference but I don't think I would ever take it out of sport mode. Great throttle responce but the engine doesn't feel very sporty, it pulls convincingly from very low revs and doesn't get more eager as the revs rise. It had only done 4 km when I got the keys so that may change as it gets run in. It's very low geared in all 6 gears. 90 km/h equals 2500 rpm in 6th gear. It has ESP but that can be completely disconnected for hooliganism;o) I blame the standard fitted Good-Year's for the little lack of grip in the front when attempting to drift it through roundabout's. But change tires to some Yokohama A048 Advan and I bet it would have exellent balance on the edge and would drift nicely through corners. I really love it, it's the best FIAT I have driven since the Coupé FIAT 20v turbo and I am thinking of buying one next year. Try it! ;o)
    Team Fiattitude

That's a cool little car. Shame we don't get Fiats here. In terms of size is it smaller than a Scion and more in terms of a Yaris/Vitz maybe? Just want to get an overall sense of how big it is.

Some pictures from the Paris Motorshow. I have just checked one, we have a Stilo with too much electronic alarm systems that act erratically. So who knows...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

revo, i love u, i've been waiting for ages for high-res of this car hopefully this can be my first car when i start driving

to Gardin: i'm probably gonna be a crazy driver like my bro. can i drive it very fast and turn without fear of being upside down??

I never got how people tip over in their cars, I have drifted my FIAT Seicento at 100 mph / 160 Km/h not on purpose, but no worries. It won't flip over unless you do something stupid. But new unexperienced drivers seem to do a lot of stupid stuff, no offense. I use my cars for trackdays and amateur racing and they are completely stabil on the limits even on slicks.
    Team Fiattitude

Less than 100bhp/tonne. I admit, I am jumping to conclusions, but that's sort of pathetic.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv
    Less than 100bhp/tonne. I admit, I am jumping to conclusions, but that's sort of pathetic.
    this car was not meant for 1/4 mile fanatics. This car handles too, and brakes...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Pretty silly statement to make.

Bhp/tonne helps, of course, but this isn't an Elise, it's a Fiat Panda...

It is a bit disappointing to see that it weighs 1015kg, when the 1.1 Panda is a rather more sprightly 840kg.

100hp + 840kg = slightly more fun, I would have thought.

Maybe they are saving themselves for the "RS" version.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    this car was not meant for 1/4 mile fanatics. This car handles too, and brakes...
    Which is great, but I'd feel uncomfortabe on the highway. I'm used to 90mph with no concern and at least 30mph until the limiter-I've been driving the Crown Vic and the Fusion lately. When the car maxes out at 115, you are on the road with american drivers and american cars/trucks, you are bound to want something a little more reassuring. If you've read many of my other posts you'd see I am far from a 1/4mi fanatic; I'm much more partial to the corners. However, as an everyday day I'd be spending 17 of my 20 minute drive at 6am on US Interstate 95, with large trucks and people who have no comprehension of turn signals. And, that is why small cars don't succeed here.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Pretty silly statement to make.

Bhp/tonne helps, of course, but this isn't an Elise, it's a Fiat Panda...

It is a bit disappointing to see that it weighs 1015kg, when the 1.1 Panda is a rather more sprightly 840kg.

100hp + 840kg = slightly more fun, I would have thought.

Maybe they are saving themselves for the "RS" version.
    I agree completely, I prefaced it with "I am jumping to conlusions." I was thinking that they could have done better-that's it. I am not saying anything is wrong with this car, I am saying that it could have been executed better.

Have any of you actually tried it??? It doesn't feel heavier than the 1,2 but I'm sure they have stiffened the chassis which is a huge improvement in cornering ability. It's not super quick in 1/4 mile terms but in the city the six low gears and torque makes it very quick and easy to drive extremely quick through town. It really made an impact on me, it's way better than I expected and it might even surprise you sceptics. If you don't like small cars then don't bother but if you enjoy taking a detour and go quickly through corners and has the need to park in small spaces in cramped towns it's genious. And I can't think of any cars that size that offers more speed for the money, please name them. All the ones I can think of are bigger and more expensive than the Panda, at least here in Denmark! I can only recommend it!
    (by the way, In FIAT terminology it will be named HGT / Abarth not RS!!!
    Team Fiattitude

Which is great, but I'd feel uncomfortabe on the highway. I'm used to 90mph with no concern and at least 30mph until the limiter-I've been driving the Crown Vic and the Fusion lately. When the car maxes out at 115, you are on the road with american drivers and american cars/trucks, you are bound to want something a little more reassuring. If you've read many of my other posts you'd see I am far from a 1/4mi fanatic; I'm much more partial to the corners. However, as an everyday day I'd be spending 17 of my 20 minute drive at 6am on US Interstate 95, with large trucks and people who have no comprehension of turn signals. And, that is why small cars don't succeed here.
    where in the USA are you allowed to drive 90 mph in the first place?
    And yes, the bigger the idiot, the bigger the car (paraphrasing your description of american drivers), and if that is preventing the introduction of small cars like the Mini or the Smart, than you simply get what you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    where in the USA are you allowed to drive 90 mph in the first place?
    And yes, the bigger the idiot, the bigger the car (paraphrasing your description of american drivers), and if that is preventing the introduction of small cars like the Mini or the Smart, than you simply get what you deserve
    The speed limit is usually 65. I think you're allowed to go 85 mph in Montana, but I'm not sure. The average speed in the fast-lane of the NJ turnpike is about 80-85 when there's no traffic.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information