Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best WRC Car

Best WRC Car

Which World Rally Championship car do you prefer this year?

The Subaru Impreza WRC04?

Citroen Xsara wrc?

Ford Focus WRC04?

Peugeot 307 wrc?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo wrc?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cotterick; 04-20-2004 at 11:54 AM.

Subaru Impreza WRC04

( photo of the Evo rally car for those of u who havent yet seen it )
    Attached Images Attached Images

sti, and i carnt stand the look of the 307cc urrrggghhh

I don't follow the WRC so haven't a clue about how good anything is, but I think the 307 WRC looks pretty cool. The Evo WRC04 looks kinda purposeful as well, but the 307 is more of a looker.

Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Said Sven Quandt, Mitsubishi Motorsport President

"If we run this year between fifth and eighth I think we are great."
    "We will not finish at the top this year, no way, but we have a three year plan - one year to get reliability, the second year to really compete..."

I don't know what he wants to do in the third year.
    Go fishing, probably

The Focus has too many wings' n' things, the Subaru has too much association with (fake) Burberry cap wearing boy racers, the Peugeot is a hairdressers car... So that leaves the Citroen I suppose.
    Thanks for all the fish

i think that it would be the Focus but this year it is very close between that ad the impretza
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

well first off, SUBARU! now ive had my fun,

the peugeot is fast, faster then last year, but has been troubled by repeated mechanical failiures, not to mention chronic bad looks.

the ford focus has the speed, and the drivers to win the wrc, it seems they just cant keep up with the speed of the peugeot in the straight bits.

the subaru is a larger car, and by no means slow. the drivers for subaru are truly world class, and i for one cant wait for burns to get back into rallying, (he is out this year due to a brain tumor)

the citroen, is a bit of a sleeper, a great rally package, with the drivers to use every cubic inch of the slightly smaller sedan.

the mitsubishi has only started rallying the evo 8 this year, and can keep up to the pace the other drivers set when time is running short, however the mitsubishi team are on a steeper learning curve then the other older teams,
    however all the teams are running new cars. the mitsubishi will be alot faster next season, providing the team keep up with their arduous testing schedual.

thanks for reading my slightly long post!
    Last edited by whiteballz; 04-20-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Go Subaru !! We ( subaru ) have allready one victory !

First the peuguot 307cc is ugly but for one car be good it isnt necessarily it looks nice .... the ford is to "Space Ship" and the xsarra is cool but not like the Subaru !
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

The Subaru Impreza WRC04!!!
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    The Subaru Impreza WRC04!!!
    Until now looks like Subaru is winning
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

I love my fords, i gotta go with the focus

Citroen Xsara cos my dad drives the street version

I like the the look of the Focus. Whatever happened the Skoda from last year?

i think they went down the same tube as hyundai. cash flow problems. its ether that or they getting new car... which i cant see why they would, they just got a new one... very strange...

btw are u guys aware of the ford focus RS8? its the focus shell, with a 5.0 litre V8!!! insane!!! and im not making this up, its got pics and a short blurb in the pictures section! ( not the forums )

here got stuff on it for all you people out there.

Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP) used a sport-compact car to display the company's latest addition to an already powerful crate engine line-up – a modified Focus RS converted to rear-wheel drive and V-8 power – with the introduction of the Focus RS8 at the 2003 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.

Using the European Focus RS as a starting point, FRPP worked its engineering magic to mate its new, all-alloy, 5.0-liter 4-valve 'Cammer' crate engine – cranking out a pavement-pounding 420 naturally aspirated horsepower – into the engine bay of the Focus. Although a handful of aftermarket firms have successfully mated Ford V-8 power with a Focus, the RS8 was built to show the versatility of a 'Cammer' crate engine and 'plug-and-play' engine electronics installation in a pure stock-looking Ford Focus.

The foundation of the 'Cammer' crate engine is rooted in the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6-liter four-valve engine family. However, the crate motor's flanged cylinder liners help provide 94mm (instead of 90.2mm) cylinder bores, creating a full 5.0-liters of piston displacement. And while the motor employs the 2003-04 SVT Mustang Cobra 'Terminator' forged crankshaft with six-bolt mains and Manley 'H-Beam' connecting rods for superior strength, the block itself is specially reinforced in the crankcase web areas for high torque loads.

One look at the RS8 would suggest that its transformation from a production front-driver into a rear-drive pocket rocket was a study in simplicity. But in reality, Ford Racing engineers had their work cut out for them from the start. Beyond fitting the drivetrain, there was the challenge of designing new suspensions front and rear. FRPP engineers put together a prototype setup inspired by Kugel Komponents up front, and a rear unit locating a Ford Racing 8.8-inch differential while offering adjustable ride height using Multimatic dampers. The newly-designed rear-wheel drive conversion kit will be sold through the FRPP catalog.

Outside, the RS8 turns heads, thanks to the handsome European Focus RS styling cues and shimmering Blue Pearl Coat exterior paint treatment. Inside, the Focus RS provided the seating while Ford Racing chipped in with its Focus A-Pillar Gauge Pod and a full complement of Ford Racing Gauges. Also installed were a Harmon/Becker Traffic-Pro, a Sirius Satellite Radio system and Infinity amps and speakers – just to make sure the tunes are powerful, too.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 04-21-2004 at 05:18 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information