Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Kit Question

Body Kit Question

Hello, I live in Vancouver, Canada, and as I am sure most of you know, you cannot import or purchase Skyline's that are any more modern then the year of 1990. Thus, I have purchased a R32 Skyline year 1989, but I have found that this 280 HP baby has a really disgusting look to it. I was wondering if it is possible to purchase a Skyline R34 Body Kit and put it onto my R32. If it can be done, can someone give me an estimate in price, and where abouts may I find a R34 body kit, as well as where is a wise place to purchase such things.

Thank you for your time!

prove you own the thing?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

If you tell me, I can upload a picture of the Skyline and its ugly looks right now.. But please answer my question instead of questioning my truth.

no idea, about skylines. was just curious if you really did own it.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

ok here is a pic of the Skyline, but someone please answer me!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anything is possible, but what you're talking about would be very expensive. If you don't like the looks of the car, it's probably better to just find an R32 body kit that you like.

By the way, welcome to UCP. I'm from Vancouver too, where do you live? Did you buy your Skyline from SCI?

No, I picked up the Skyline for 15 grand at North Vancouver.. And when you mean VERY expensive, how much are we talking here? 3 grand? 4 grand? more?

EDIT: Sorry, but where can i find a R32 body kit in Vancouver :P

A decent paint job would cost you 4 or 5 grand. To find/purchase/import body panels from an R34 and have them custom fitted and painted would surely cost you more than you originally paid for the car.

You're from North Van? You should come out to Horseshoe Bay and show me the car sometime

EDIT: SCI Motors would be the most likely people to have body panels for an R32, or at least be able to find them for you.

http://www.scimotors.com/intro.html
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 02-15-2005 at 05:58 PM.

Haha, ok then Nevermind, thanks for the idea about buying the "better looking" R32 body kit. As for North Vancouver, I don't live there lol. I actually live in Victoria, because I go to school at UVIC, but then maybe sometime I can meet up with you, but for sure not in the near future lol, as semester changes just happeend and I don't want to screw up my school and shiet. I really like cars, and when I DO find the new R32 body kit, i might just give you a call and come show you my car

Quote Originally Posted by LOTS-00
    Haha, ok then Nevermind, thanks for the idea about buying the "better looking" R32 body kit. As for North Vancouver, I don't live there lol. I actually live in Victoria, because I go to school at UVIC, but then maybe sometime I can meet up with you, but for sure not in the near future lol, as semester changes just happeend and I don't want to screw up my school and shiet. I really like cars, and when I DO find the new R32 body kit, i might just give you a call and come show you my car
    Nice car, just praying you're not a fanboy and won't slap on useless rice parts.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by LOTS-00
    Sweet.

Yeah, a good friend of mine is at UVIC too, but he's a VW guy

SCI Motors would be the people to talk to if you want any parts. Unfortunately they're all the way out in Abbotsford, but hey, it's a Skyline. You can't expect every garage to service it

Try the www.northwestnissans.com forum if you need any more detailed help. Some of the guys on those boards know everything you could possibly want to know about your car, and they're mainly people from Vancouver.

Wow, I was just at the SCI Motors page, and they sure sell skylines at a high price lol. If you ever want to buy a Skyline GTS-S maybe, I can hook you up with a deal for like 10 grand.. But yea, Im not sure lol.. just leave a post, and I can give you the email of the guy I bought my Skyline off of. But again, its in North Vancouver lol!

Note: Sci Motors has some cool R32 Parts

PM me your e-mail address. I don't want a Skyline but I have a friend who might get one if he got the chance. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    You're from North Van? You should come out to Horseshoe Bay and show me the car sometime
    ah version ZERO of the "egg-nog challenge"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    ah version ZERO of the "egg-nog challenge"
    Still no guarantees though, I am too skeptical of everything. I'm still not sure whether or not I should believe that I have a 944

Thread Information