Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Student arrested & expelled for making a map of his school for shooter game

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,127

    Student arrested & expelled for making a map of his school for shooter game

    A Chinese student has been arrested in Texas, charged with “Suspected Terrorist Activity”. This student was apprehended after parents discovered that he had used plans of his High School in the creation of a map for an online first person shooter. The authorities were notified after parents learned of the map from their children, who had downloaded it off of the internet.

    .They arrested him,. Chen said of FBISD police, .and also went to the house to search.. The Lin family consented to the search, and a hammer was found in the boy.s room, which he used to fix his bed, because it wasn.t in good shape, Chen said. He indicated police seized the hammer as a potential weapon.

    While no charges have been filed against the student, he has been removed from Clements High School and will not be allowed to graduate with his former classmates.

    I don’t know what to say. For most of us who have ever designed a 3d environment, using familiar surroundings is very commonplace. With no sinister motive, designers use plans for all sorts of different areas to add variety to their designs. I don’t understand the punishment given to this student, who has been cleared of any premonitions for violence.

    He has been convicted of no crime but then the school expels him? I guess “innocent until proven guilty” has no merit with the school board. Even with the authorities finding no evidence of gaming-related causes for the Virginia Tech shootings… It seems that we, as gamers, still are targeted as warped killers.
    Source: http://www.1pstart.com/student-arres...rist-activity/

    Shouldn't America lay off the VT massacre a little? We all know that the killer had mental problems, but arresting a guy who makes a map of his school? That's just going too far. Fortunately, he wasn't charged anything but he remained expelled. That school is totally dishonorable for doing so.

    Also, why pick on a Chinese guy? They should've seen the amount of whites who made shooter maps of their schools. America has once again showed signs of eternal racism.
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,605
    Weird. While this is definitely going a bit overboard on the allegations, I guess they're 'reacting' to people's pleads towards stopping such violence in America. It's black and white with these things, you either arrest him, or you don't I guess. Oh well, I'm sure he's innocent.

    Lulz at the 'hammer as a potential weapon' line too. I'll remember to watch out for the 5 and a half foot tall Asian gamer with the hammer next time I'm walking around campus.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Posts: 30,245
    Posts
    7,352
    this is hilarious. its just like making your own house on the sims. society needs to UPDATE on the social gaming area.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    How about I make a map of the White House and see what happens?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    How about I make a map of the White House and see what happens?
    Lmao. Do you WANT to go to Jail?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Posts
    1,873
    OMG ITS A MASS HAMMERING!


    When I was in college, one of my friends made a map of the dorms for a counterstrike level, it was an awesome map, he did a great job. And he didn't get expelled for it.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Lmao. Do you WANT to go to Jail?
    No I don't

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,057
    i've been nicer, a lot nicer to this one korean kid who is annoying and weird that we all pick on. for one reason, yeah u got it. u never kno these days. it is scary.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

    Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    16,605
    Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    i've been nicer, a lot nicer to this one korean kid who is annoying and weird that we all pick on. for one reason, yeah u got it. u never kno these days. it is scary.
    Why the hell would him being Korean automatically make you think he is depressed and on the verge of a rampage?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    6,987
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    Also, why pick on a Chinese guy?
    Because he has a small penis?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Goshen, IN
    Posts
    3,381
    A bit overboard but I can almost see it justified. Was it? No, but you do have to take precautions. I think the hammer is a little too far and so is expulsion, but it was valid to check it out in the first place. Better to be safe than sorry, its all right to detain the kid and question him, whether hes white, black, Chinese, whatever. However, once he wasn't charged with anything I think the school should reinstate the kid, its pretty clear with all the evidence that nothing was going to happen. Maybe, MAYBE a 3-day suspension, but no expulsion.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Posts
    3,127
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    A bit overboard but I can almost see it justified. Was it? No, but you do have to take precautions. I think the hammer is a little too far and so is expulsion, but it was valid to check it out in the first place. Better to be safe than sorry, its all right to detain the kid and question him, whether hes white, black, Chinese, whatever. However, once he wasn't charged with anything I think the school should reinstate the kid, its pretty clear with all the evidence that nothing was going to happen. Maybe, MAYBE a 3-day suspension, but no expulsion.
    But the thing is, he isn't the only one who makes maps of schools. Lots of mappers online make maps of their own schools, and they just have to pick on the Chinese guy because the VT massacre was caused by an Asian.

    They shouldn't even give ANY kind of punishment in the first place. That kid didn't do anything wrong.
    The Ace of All Aces.

    Crysis. Maximum Game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
    But the thing is, he isn't the only one who makes maps of schools. Lots of mappers online make maps of their own schools, and they just have to pick on the Chinese guy because the VT massacre was caused by an Asian.

    They shouldn't even give ANY kind of punishment in the first place. That kid didn't do anything wrong.
    The thing is, people are overly paranoid.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    95616
    Posts
    5,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Lulz at the 'hammer as a potential weapon' line too. I'll remember to watch out for the 5 and a half foot tall Asian gamer with the hammer next time I'm walking around campus.
    Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Because he has a small penis?
    Ahem.....

    Y'know, I wrote Suicide is Painless (the song) in my black planner and a rather violent comic in my notebook- Do any of you think I'll get in trouble for this....
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    1,266
    they outta realize its stuff like this that could potentially cause a VT to happen again
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •