Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
We see the rally series over here sometimes.
Which country, UAE? Do you ever watch the Desert Extreme Rally Challenge?

Not the same, get it wrong in most of the desert stages and you get stuck.
Get it wrong in a forest and you bounce off the trees - IF YOU'RE LUCKY
My idea is the real test lies in two things, not getting yourself into a mess and getting out of it once you're there. Compared to Acropolis, it must be almost the same. Too many tyres going down in Acropolis. And, maybe the drivers might appreciate a change of scenery

The safari rallies are another thing though adn I woudl really liek the East African to be returned to the WRC
Have to agree there. Kenya is an absolutely beautiful place with all its calm scenery (not just talking as a kenyan, but generally). Why did the FIA pull it out of the map?

The WRC approach that it is the DRIVER that matters - note the co-driver name isnt' the same size of character or location as the driver anymore - and so the co-driver salary dropped.
Moya split from Sainz when he moved to Citroen because he was only going to be paid HALF of what he got whilst the pair were at Ford.
So it's less now than it used to be
Still a LOT though.
But at the bottom of the ladder, a nav woudl normally be expected to pay their way
It was just what was on my mind lately. Why? The windows looked better with both the names and its appreciation to the true team effort. It's not fair atall . I bet WRC wouldn't be as enjoyable if they weren't any navs because the drivers would be crashing everytime.

Maybe all fans of WRC can protest to get navs their honourable names on the windows back