Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lambo to resurrect miura and espada ?

Lambo to resurrect miura and espada ?

espada pic

SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy — Lamborghini is readying a major expansion of its product range as the Italian supercar maker draws even closer to German parent Audi.

As early as next year, the Italians plan to introduce an all-new Miura, Lamborghini's answer to the Ferrari Enzo. It will be derived mechanically from the midengine Audi Le Mans. The Miura will be lower, wider and shorter than the donor car. It boasts an upgraded V12 engine. The displacement goes up to a massive 6.5 liters, and the power output increases to 700 horsepower.

The next all-new Lamborghini is code-named LM00X, a high-performance version of the future Audi Q5. The LM00X features a choice of two engines: a supercharged, 4.2-liter V8 good for 400 hp and a supercharged, 5.0-liter V10 rated at 500 hp. The LM00X will be introduced in 2008.

The third newcomer is a 2+2-seater coupe, a reincarnation of the Espada. The choice of engine options ranges from the Audi V8 to the Lamborghini Murcielago's V12. A midengine 2+2 could be production-ready by late 2007, but a front-engine version would likely not appear before 2009.

Lambo also is looking further into the future for the next-generation Murcielago, including a limited-edition supercar derivative powered by an all-new 6.0-liter V12 that would match the Bugatti Veyron's output of 1,000 hp.

What this means to you: With the help of Audi, Lamborghini plans to revive two classic nameplates from its past — on modern chassis.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEE!!
    Time to grill Ferrari's butt
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    I hope this article is true.

Lambo rules!!! Hope all these cars become a reality.

does Audi think they can sell more if they revive the old names?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

While the specs. are nice, the styling designes I saw were extremely out there....
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    does Audi think they can sell more if they revive the old names?
    Of course.
    I would prefer the old Miura over a Enzo. Why? because Enzo is a expensive toy but the lambo was a real, proper, rip-roaring classic
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunk
    Of course.
    I would prefer the old Miura over a Enzo. Why? because Enzo is a expensive toy but the lambo was a real, proper, rip-roaring classic
    I agree, but I would also prefer the old miura above anythnig that is intended to compete with the enzo.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I call bullshit on most of this. A s/c 5.0 V10 with 500hp. Interesting then that the Gallardo Spyder has more N/A. And a 1000hp version of the Lambo 6.5 V12? That'd be awesomely reliable that would. I had heard that Lambo had been planning to make a very limited (~25) run of roadgoing R-GT racers, with the 6.5, and the Lambo engineers got 550kw out of early on but 1000hp is a bit much. Along with this I'd heard of a Murcie VT, with a 6.5, but not the full monty R-GT spec. It'd suck if Audi just used Lambo as a way to make uber-performance versions of Audi platforms and engines. A new LM, Muira or Espada would be damn cool, but I'd want them to be Lambos, not hyped Audis.

The new Espada is gorgeous but from the Gallardo and forward, their models have been to close to an Audi. If someone puts you blindfolded in an A8 or a Gallardo and then takes it off and lets you put in a destination on the navigator, you will have no idea what car you are sitting in.

The last real Lambo was the Diablo, almost impossible to see out of, as relaxing to drive as a truck and and engine that challenges a larger ship in fuel comsuption. What a car...
    "Horsepower Is How Fast You Hit The Wall, Torque Is How Far You Bring The Wall With You"

Hmmm...
    The best target for our Espada Resurrection is Porsche Panamera!
    Also,it will look sleeker if they design new rims for Espada Resurrection.
    Last edited by denisvn93; 10-09-2005 at 06:24 AM.
    ALFA ROMEO-Poetry In Motion

Guest Guest
    "Lambo also is looking further into the future for the next-generation Murcielago, including a limited-edition supercar derivative powered by an all-new 6.0-liter V12 that would match the Bugatti Veyron's output of 1,000 hp."
    oh baby
    "
    The next all-new Lamborghini is code-named LM00X, a high-performance version of the future Audi Q5. The LM00X features a choice of two engines: a supercharged, 4.2-liter V8 good for 400 hp and a supercharged, 5.0-liter V10 rated at 500 hp. The LM00X will be introduced in 2008."
    jeez a 500hp SUV, and i bet it will lok better than the Porsche Cayenne

and al these cars are designed by a gy from belgium. I read a intervieuw whit luc donckerwolcke and he said that he had designed 8 lambo's. and nnow he is chief designer of seat so there will be some nice cars comig from there to

yippie!
    we'll have grilled ferraris.
    hope the article is true.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhawk
    WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    I hope this article is true.
    I hope it isn't... First I wouldn't want anuything remotely Audi in my Lambo (altough I know that it is a bit too late to say that...), let alone anything mechanically related. So if Lambo want to make GT's again it's fine, but I want them to be Lamborgihin's not souped up Audis. And about the LM00X... well I don't see the point of yet another 500bhp SUV that will never taken off road by its owners...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information