Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I just thought his story was fishy. I have no problem with both, but I do have a problem with liers, so I wanted to clear everything up.
    Wow, whats fishy about that, I like to work, I've been fotunate to come from a wealthy family, and I bought a car for half the price it was worth. If thats fishy, you need to get out more.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    who gives a crap if his parents chipped in or he worked his arse off. i was fortunate enough to have both and im cheering because of it.

No need to try tear someone down because they have an uber car.
    Thanks man. Uber car... I like that.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

i love your M3. But i like them in general. From the pics posted it looks good. What year is it? i could have missed and might have to edit this but im just wondering. I have 2 friends with BMW's one has a 03 323I and the other has a a older 95 version. How much did you pay, or a educated guess if you arent positive.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Quote Originally Posted by M3GTR33
    Wow, whats fishy about that, I like to work, I've been fotunate to come from a wealthy family, and I bought a car for half the price it was worth. If thats fishy, you need to get out more.
    I said I THOUGHT your story was fishy, and I meant that in the past tense. I was speaking in context of before you explained the story, rather than after. BTW, chances are I get out more than you do, actually, I definately do, so you're reasoning there is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I definately do, so you're reasoning there is wrong.
    going outside to hang up the washing doesnt count.
    The Datto will rage again...

I am not one of those spoiled kids.
    Um actually, I caddied at a country club every day for about 25 per hour and I worked at my fathers architectural firm for the remainder of the time for about 22 per. I also bought it from my gramps and he knocked it down quite abit.

And yes, I did work every day and 6-7 hrs.. try like 8
    I'm sorry, but those two don't work well together. At age 12, you were making $22 and $25 per hour. You didn't do anything to deserve a job that made you that amount of money. You didn't have any special skills or training that made you qualified for those jobs. You were handed those jobs as a special favor simply because of who you are and because of who your parents are. That seems pretty spoiled to me. For you to not admit that you had it easy or that you were given help is ludicrous.

Plus, I've worked with interns. I've supervised interns. I don't know of any intern that makes $22/hour, regardless of what field you're interning in.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I'm sorry, but those two don't work well together. At age 12, you were making $22 and $25 per hour. You didn't do anything to deserve a job that made you that amount of money. You didn't have any special skills or training that made you qualified for those jobs. You were handed those jobs as a special favor simply because of who you are and because of who your parents are. That seems pretty spoiled to me. For you to not admit that you had it easy or that you were given help is ludicrous.

Plus, I've worked with interns. I've supervised interns. I don't know of any intern that makes $22/hour, regardless of what field you're interning in.
    Your damn right I'm spoiled for working at my father's, but caddying is different. I don't have that easy. I have to arrive there at the crack o' dawn like anyone else and have to wwait just as long to get a round in. If I don't get out, my boss says tough luck, Daddy doesn't help me out there. However, I guess I take my other job for granted. Yes, yes, I am a little spoiled but you have to admit, spoiled or not, I have a pretty good work ethic and I work pretty hard ehh?

That's why caddying is a great job. Any idiot (like myself can do it.)

Where the hell have you worked. I could name several jobs that interns make 20 or so. Relistate Development, Stock Brokerage, many doctors.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

If caddying was an easy job you wouldn't be making $25/h so the job is either harder than you say it is or you are being overpaid. I'll bet you wouldn't have such a great work ethic if you were being paid $10/h

Sweet car, but isn't insurance hell on it?
    [url]www.postingworld.net[/url]

free arcade, free pr0n, and a great forum! check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    If caddying was an easy job you wouldn't be making $25/h so the job is either harder than you say it is or you are being overpaid. I'll bet you wouldn't have such a great work ethic if you were being paid $10/h
    Work only lasts 4 hrs max so yes I would be. Also, have you ever caddied cuz it is really easy and maybe you should give it a try.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Quote Originally Posted by shredz
    Sweet car, but isn't insurance hell on it?
    Yes it is.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

In any case, I proved I own the car instead of a bunch on compliments, I get a bunch of complaints and have been interagated by half of this site.

Nice to see you too.

*Sorry to the people who aren't skeptics/haven't posted/have complimneted.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Nope. Sorry. I am not one of those spoiled kids. I worked two jobs for 5 summers to pay for it.
    Word bro. People asked me that all the time when I had the 3000GT and then the Acura.

Spoiled kids down, works for their money up.

But I too have a red BMW now with an M package.
    BTW, is that Imola Red?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Yes, It is factory Imola Red, the lighting in my garage didn't transfer well.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

In any case, I proved I own the car instead of a bunch on compliments, I get a bunch of complaints and have been interagated by half of this site.

Nice to see you too.

*Sorry to the people who aren't skeptics/haven't posted/have complimneted.
    Tissue?

Thread Information