Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Car.

Quote Originally Posted by M3GTR33
    Your damn right I'm spoiled for working at my father's, but caddying is different. I don't have that easy. I have to arrive there at the crack o' dawn like anyone else and have to wwait just as long to get a round in. If I don't get out, my boss says tough luck, Daddy doesn't help me out there. However, I guess I take my other job for granted. Yes, yes, I am a little spoiled but you have to admit, spoiled or not, I have a pretty good work ethic and I work pretty hard ehh?

That's why caddying is a great job. Any idiot (like myself can do it.)

Where the hell have you worked. I could name several jobs that interns make 20 or so. Relistate Development, Stock Brokerage, many doctors.
    I don't believe for a second that $25/hr is the normal going rate for a caddy at the vast majority of the golf clubs - private or public. I also don't respect your work ethic for bragging about the fact that your worked 8 hours a day. Big whoop. Anyone who has had a real job works AT LEAST 8 hours a day.

And, if you want to know, I was the network administrator for a billion-dollar non-profit philanthropy and I supervised 3 interns in the 4 years I worked there. Unless you're talking about a college graduate or even a graduate student, I know $22/hour is not normal for an intern.

However, all that aside, the M3 is a great car. I miss my 3.0CS immensely and know the unique feeling a BMW gives when driven as it was meant to be. Be good to it, respect it and treat it like your child. And, dammit, give it a proper name and call it by its name. Every loved car should have a proper name.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    I don't believe for a second that $25/hr is the normal going rate for a caddy at the vast majority of the golf clubs - private or public. I also don't respect your work ethic for bragging about the fact that your worked 8 hours a day. Big whoop. Anyone who has had a real job works AT LEAST 8 hours a day.

And, if you want to know, I was the network administrator for a billion-dollar non-profit philanthropy and I supervised 3 interns in the 4 years I worked there. Unless you're talking about a college graduate or even a graduate student, I know $22/hour is not normal for an intern.

However, all that aside, the M3 is a great car. I miss my 3.0CS immensely and know the unique feeling a BMW gives when driven as it was meant to be. Be good to it, respect it and treat it like your child. And, dammit, give it a proper name and call it by its name. Every loved car should have a proper name.
    Ok, you are obviouslyt older than me and may have forgotten that during the summer there is no sdchool and I its supposed to be a time to relax and enjoy. Don you know how hard it was to give up my summer while I was still just a kid? The only reason I am payed $25 is because I have been promoted to a senoir caddy position so I get the best golfers who also pay the best, no, my dad had nothingt to do w/ it. All my own perserverence.

Cool.

Thnaks will do.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Oh boo hoo, most people at school work over the summer.

Ok, you are obviouslyt older than me and may have forgotten that during the summer there is no sdchool and I its supposed to be a time to relax and enjoy. Don you know how hard it was to give up my summer while I was still just a kid? The only reason I am payed $25 is because I have been promoted to a senoir caddy position so I get the best golfers who also pay the best, no, my dad had nothingt to do w/ it. All my own perserverence.

Cool.

Thnaks will do.
    Let me give you my schedule then, since it seems as if you have it harder than everyone else.

Monday: School from 8-3, Work from 4-10.
    Tuesday: School from 8-3, Gym from 4-6, Homework until I go to sleep
    Wednesday: School from 8-3, Work from 4-10
    Thursday: School from 8-3, Work from 4-10
    Friday: School from 8-3, Gym from 4-6, Party'ing from 8-2'ish in the morning
    Saturday: Sleep, gym, Work from 4-11, Party'ing from 12-2'ish
    Sunday: Occasional work, gym, rest, family time.

I work ~25 hrs a week during the schoolyear, including ~10 hrs at the gym, any spare time I have to do homework, and then eating/sleeping/tv/computer.

I'll prob. be working 2x as much in the summer but all I'm driving is a Pontiac Bonneville, that's 10 years old and has 140,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Let me give you my schedule then, since it seems as if you have it harder than everyone else.

I work ~25 hrs a week during the schoolyear, including ~10 hrs at the gym, any spare time I have to do homework, and then eating/sleeping/tv/computer.

I'll prob. be working 2x as much in the summer but all I'm driving is a Pontiac Bonneville, that's 10 years old and has 140,000 miles.
    Sadly enough that sounds just like me. Only sad because I'm about 10 years older than you are. It sucks going back to school full-time and still trying to support myself. I'm taking 12 hours of school, plust working 35-40 hours each week. All the rest of the time (which isn't much) is spent doing homework, reading or sleeping. Sucks.

And just like you I'm driving a 10 year old Pontiac (Grand Prix, tho) with 140,000 miles on it.

God damn, give the kid a break. It's not that unbelievable. So shit has been going right for him??

My car is broken. I work for 8.50 an hour full time and drive my parents old Volkswagen Fox and probably will until I can get my MR2 running again. I barely have enough to scrape by, and you (matt) have it better off than I do.

Does it look like I'm sitting here, pouting and bitching because some kid, out of both dumb luck and perserverence managed to afford a hot-ass car and I'm still barely scraping by? Hell no. So why are you so worked up?

Seriously, if he came in and told us the same story, but he owned a Toyota Celica, would you give a shit and fill up with 6 pages worth of angry, bitter skepticism?* So what if, for instance, he jazzed up the story a bit; the end result is he has in his garage a BMW M3. Also, you've got to remember that part time jobs at such wealthy places tend to jack up the hourly rate, which is supposed to compensate for the lack of hours. I do agree that it sounds odd in theory that a boy of his age would still manage that kind of money, but those are details, and there are far more unbelievable things out there than this.

On that note, M3GTR33, I am filled with envy. That car is fine, and despite others opinions, it looks great in red.

*Note: I'm more directing that at RockEfella.
    Last edited by Radoman; 03-03-2006 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoman
    God damn, give the kid a break. It's not that unbelievable. So shit has been going right for him??

My car is broken. I work for 8.50 an hour full time and drive my parents old Volkswagen Fox and probably will until I can get my MR2 running again. I barely have enough to scrape by, and you (matt) have it better off than I do.

Does it look like I'm sitting here, pouting and bitching because some kid, out of both dumb luck and perserverence managed to afford a hot-ass car and I'm still barely scraping by? Hell no. So why are you so worked up?

Seriously, if he came in and told us the same story, but he owned a Toyota Celica, would you give a shit and fill up with 6 pages worth of angry, bitter skepticism?* So what if, for instance, he jazzed up the story a bit; the end result is he has in his garage a BMW M3. Also, you've got to remember that part time jobs at such wealthy places tend to jack up the hourly rate, which is supposed to compensate for the lack of hours. I do agree that it sounds odd in theory that a boy of his age would still manage that kind of money, but those are details, and there are far more unbelievable things out there than this.

On that note, M3GTR33, I am filled with envy. That car is fine, and despite others opinions, it looks great in red.

*Note: I'm more directing that at Rockafella.
    I agree, in the sense that he has it better than most of us, and achieved his goal quite .. easily.

What I don't appreciate is the bitching and moaning about how he had it so tough and how most of us don't understand what he went through. At first, I just didn't believe him, I have no intent to start a war, but just to give him my reasoning.

All in all, I'm happy for him, it's one hell of a car, and I hope you get the best of it, but I don't like it when people exaggerate.

BTW, RockAfella is not a member.

I don't think he was neccessarily bitching about how tough he had it; maybe it looked different but all I saw was a kid just explaining how he got to afford a BMW M3.

I'm sure he knows the payoff that comes with working his ass off, or at least he's reminded whenever he has to drive somewhere!

Cool.

Thnaks will do.
    Now, I have to disagree here. When I was 15, I had to give up my summers as well cause my family told me to pay for my own insurance, gas, maintenace, etc. when I was given a car.
    So, my very first car was actually rarely driven in the beginning as I worked continous jobs to afford the insurance.
    I didn't get paid $20/hour, which is way out there for someone your age here. But after about 3-4 jobs a day thanks to small deals with the dealers around here, I scrapped up my cash to finally drive my car.

But you really shouldn't moan about working 8 hours a day and recieveing $200 a week. Many people here in Dallas work 9-10 and still don't make that much, even behind cubicels.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Why don't we all just accept the fact that the kid has a ****ing awesome car and move on?

I earn $40 an hour teaching guitar- would you all like proof of that?

You may find it hard to believe, but I also earn $20 per hour for a paper round.

The supermarket job I just left paid me $16 an hour on Sundays, and around $10 an hour regular days. It's not that big a deal. So the kid has money. Deal with it.

I buy $5000 guitars with the money I earn. If I really wanted to, I'd save up and buy an M3, but the insurance would murder me.

M3GTR33, your car is lovely. I'd kill for an E46 particularly in the striking bubblegum blue! However... your wheels... how's about some nice standard 19" wheels, eh?

I don't think he was neccessarily bitching about how tough he had it; maybe it looked different but all I saw was a kid just explaining how he got to afford a BMW M3.

I'm sure he knows the payoff that comes with working his ass off, or at least he's reminded whenever he has to drive somewhere!
    Understood, I just tried providing a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Why don't we all just accept the fact that the kid has a ****ing awesome car and move on?

I earn $40 an hour teaching guitar- would you all like proof of that?

You may find it hard to believe, but I also earn $20 per hour for a paper round.

The supermarket job I just left paid me $16 an hour on Sundays, and around $10 an hour regular days. It's not that big a deal. So the kid has money. Deal with it.

I buy $5000 guitars with the money I earn. If I really wanted to, I'd save up and buy an M3, but the insurance would murder me.

M3GTR33, your car is lovely. I'd kill for an E46 particularly in the striking bubblegum blue! However... your wheels... how's about some nice standard 19" wheels, eh?
    For most of the thread, we weren't so much questioning whether he owned that car as much as we were questioning his claim of not being spoiled and not getting special treatment in his quest to get the car.

Some people would call me spoilt, having 11 guitars, but I've worked hard for every single one of them.

So far, last night I worked out that I've spent around $30,000 on guitars. Am I spoilt? I'd say not, just that I work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella

Tissue?
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Exactly.
    NASCAR = REDNECK

Thread Information