Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1228

Thread: The State of The Car

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    When did you get an Insight? I thought you had a Toyota Celica/Supra.
    I've had it three or four years for daily-driving duty. The Supra only comes out for more special occasions. There is also a Saab, but we don't talk about that.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    EDIT: STELLANTIS: Discuss.
    You love to see this vaguely bland corpro-futurist name for your decaying manufacturing old tech holding company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I don't know who that M-Sport customer bloke you are talking about is. I am an M-Performance customer which comes from the ancient tradition of being the kind of asshole you wouldn't want to have round for dinner.
    I mean. You can only applaud a post of this quality. Bravo.

I believe that the renaming was just announced today. Chrysler finally got on the ZF eight speed train and ditched their awful internally-designed 'boxes.
    I thought than in America, with your usual 8.7 litre big block Hemi-Cleveland V8, gearboxes were actually academic. So it didn't matter than you ToqueHydra-cruise-o-matic had only two speeds and was useless at transferring power to the wheels.

Who would've thought that one day, more than four forward speeds would be necessary for American cars.
    I've had it three or four years for daily-driving duty. The Supra only comes out for more special occasions. There is also a Saab, but we don't talk about that.
    We should talk more about Saabs. I like to write stories as a hobby, usually loosely based on things that I experience, and I have a friend (which usually incarnates Lt. Nark) whose personality fits perfectly with a Saab Turbo.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

We were just talking about how the current numher of car manufacturers is unsustainable. We saw the mergers coming.
    This one had already been announced for months (years?).
    Visca Catalunya!

We should talk more about Saabs. I like to write stories as a hobby, usually loosely based on things that I experience, and I have a friend (which usually incarnates Lt. Nark) whose personality fits perfectly with a Saab Turbo.
    In theory, Saab isn't exactly dead, they still sell the Saab Gripen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_JAS_39_Gripen

...which can still taxi down a highway if you so choose so.

In theory, Saab isn't exactly dead, they still sell the Saab Gripen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_JAS_39_Gripen

...which can still taxi down a highway if you so choose so.
    Yes, but try writing it in, with Lt. Nark arriving at a crime scene. It doesn't really quite work so well...
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes, but try writing it in, with Lt. Nark arriving at a crime scene. It doesn't really quite work so well...
    You'd get so many bonus points if you show up at Radwood in a Saab Viggen though...

Well...

It is not a 37, but it is a 93.
    Visca Catalunya!

Couple things to bring up in this thread.

Hertz, one of the largest rental car companies in the US is dead. No surprise. No travel from airports = no one renting cars.

Honda also cut back on a lot of their cooler offerings. The Honda Fit, Civic coupe and manual versions of the Accord 1.5 and 2.0 turbo are gone.

I'm not surprised, but disappointed as I wanted to get one of Honda's more recent offerings with a stick. Right now I might end up with a manual Subaru, but we'll see. Haven't gotten paid yet so I'm holding back on a purchase.

Well...
    It is not a 37, but it is a 93.
    Haha, Saab was so quirky and cool back then, even under GM ownership.

Couple things to bring up in this thread.

Hertz, one of the largest rental car companies in the US is dead. No surprise. No travel from airports = no one renting cars.

Honda also cut back on a lot of their cooler offerings. The Honda Fit, Civic coupe and manual versions of the Accord 1.5 and 2.0 turbo are gone.

I'm not surprised, but disappointed as I wanted to get one of Honda's more recent offerings with a stick. Right now I might end up with a manual Subaru, but we'll see. Haven't gotten paid yet so I'm holding back on a purchase.
    Well the Jazz is still available here but only as a Hybrid. I was never too interested in it.

I like the concept of the Civic Type R SportLine or whatever is called, you know the one with the smaller wing, higher profile tyres and more sound insulation. It still too boy racer for me, but a step in the right direction nontheless.
    Visca Catalunya!

We won't get it, but the Honda e looks great. I think it's probably the best interior that I've seen in years.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

We won't get it, but the Honda e looks great. I think it's probably the best interior that I've seen in years.
    Man is drinking the Sochiro Kool Aid.

Yeah it's a cool little car. Hopefully we keep the Fit in the great white north it's been good to family and friends.

Well the Jazz is still available here but only as a Hybrid. I was never too interested in it.

I like the concept of the Civic Type R SportLine or whatever is called, you know the one with the smaller wing, higher profile tyres and more sound insulation. It still too boy racer for me, but a step in the right direction nontheless.
    Strange it's hybrid only, seems like other variations would make more sense- petrol or diesel. Does Spain get kei cars too? I feel like it would be helpful in narrow streets.

The Civic Type R Sport Line doesn't exist here, it would be nice. Restraint is not one of its strong points.

I think one of the many reasons why the Honda e isn't here (crash regulations, power, charging infrastructure, price, etc.) is that it has cameras for mirrors, which is a major issue for federalization. From what I remember, side view mirrors must be mirrors.

Mirrors aside, I don't see why it can't be a regular mirror. Must be super expensive to replace. Heavy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Man is drinking the Sochiro Kool Aid.

Yeah it's a cool little car. Hopefully we keep the Fit in the great white north it's been good to family and friends.
    I'm trying to weigh my choices now again, as I may finally be able to get a car.

Love the e, but it is far too expensive.

It is probably the iPhone of cars.
    Strange it's hybrid only, seems like other variations would make more sense- petrol or diesel. Does Spain get kei cars too? I feel like it would be helpful in narrow streets.
    Nope, no kei cars for us. They are too small an underpowered. Even for Europe!
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information