Thread: Tamiya Porsche 959.

Tamiya Porsche 959.

Thanks for all your advice, but i have finally found the secrect to acrylics. paint carefully, in several coats. Anyway, i purchaced a Porsche 959 kit yesterday.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering
    Thanks for all your advice, but i have finally found the secrect to acrylics. paint carefully, in several coats. Anyway, i purchaced a Porsche 959 kit yesterday.
    still: keep the paint flowing.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the tamiya kit is a hundred fold better than the fujimi kit i had,more challenging and the parts fit better.
    but what are the ratios for?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

If it's #24065 then it's one of the motorized range 1/24s that Tamiya make.
    So you can fit a motor to it. Never worked out why anyone would bother Sadly it means some detail is lost on the underneath but for kerbside models it's OK.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    If it's #24065 then it's one of the motorized range 1/24s that Tamiya make.
    So you can fit a motor to it. Never worked out why anyone would bother Sadly it means some detail is lost on the underneath but for kerbside models it's OK.
    24065 is not motorized, it has an opening rear end and a detailed (plastic) engine. It could however be kit 24071, which is actually a Porsche 961, as driven by Metzge and Ballot-Lena duirng the 1986 LeMans. That has an electric engine.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Hand up !!

Yep, the one in the stash pile is the Tamiya 959 detailed engine that I was thinking of.
    The one I've BUILT is the Gunze, which is motorized.

brain-fart

So the quesion back to K ..... what kit number is it you have and what do you mean by "ratio" ?

( hmmm some of the Tamiya 24xxx series are motorized ! Coul it be a re-release or earlier one ?? )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

it has to do with the paint, and i don't know if its about mixing colors or are they seperate colors and it is not motorized, but it has a detailed engine.

it has to do with the paint, and i don't know if its about mixing colors or are they seperate colors and it is not motorized, but it has a detailed engine.
    if it says (as an example) 3X5+5X7 then those are the amounts of paint you have to mix to get the desired colour. What colour do you plan to paint the body?

black or dark gray to make it look like the real car, mabye even dark blue

black or dark gray to make it look like the real car, mabye even dark blue
    I went with ivory white ....

pics??? go with palisander(graphite) like the motorbox 959,
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    pics??? go with palisander(graphite) like the motorbox 959,
    i'm still building the engine, so the painting of the body will have to wait

i'm still building the engine, so the painting of the body will have to wait
    In terms of saving build time, it is advised to start with the body first, as doing a good paint job will take some weeks, and in between you can work on the rest of the car

Thread Information