Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are American Cars so BIG?

i dunno, anyone here is yet to find something matra cant answer, id like to see you try and find something (auto related) he doesnt know about!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by gow589
    Just curious the time difference. I am at work about to go to lunch.

What does it matter using the oil. We (the world) are going to use the oil to a point where the price will make it prohibitive. At this point we will be using alternative fuels. The development of hybrid cars is going faster than our need for them right now. As the price of oil increases the demand and development is increasing. All the main auto manufacturers have Hybrid cars they are ready to produce and they will only get better with time. The real issue with them right now is filling stations for the alternative fuels weather it be hydrogen, corn alcohol or cooking oil. All of this will develop as needed.
    Lost part of the previous discussion with Matra, because I had to travel to my working area which is 5 timezones earlier than I was when I posted my time.

Could't find the quote where Matra said that he was God for this week (even with a smiley not a very fortunate statement) but coming back to the issue of hybrid power, I just noted that Volkswagen will combine a small diesel engine with an electro engine, which would probably beat the Prius economy hands down. I also noted that the diesel engines can be propelled very easily with rape-seed oil and need minor adjustments. Now I am not sure what the agricultural potential is to have a world wide shift, but it looks promising, certainly if the financial conditions are right.

In Holland a city council has just adopted a motion stating that the city will be a general no-parking zone for big SUV's and FWD. These are not intended for fun shopping and require far too much space and are too dangerous, in our cities also pedestrians and cyclists are part of the traffic (London and Paris are preparing similar measures). Targeted are 19 types of cars, generally with a width over 1.85 metres. Owners of such a car now living in the city may continue to drive it, but cannot replace it with a new one. The chairman of the Hummer owners club has admitted that the Hummer is large, but not dangerous. He mentioned the Porsche as being dangerous. (Once you are in a tank you are invulnerable, if you hit people around you that's their problem ).

Talking about economics, the fact that the USA has the largest trade deficit ever means that they are consuming at other people's expense, rather than that they give away their money. A combination of depreciation of the US$ and the general loss of value of money over time means that the USA is not paying the appropriate amount of what they are consuming. (26 years ago I graduated as an economist).
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Then use your knowledge and talk about things on an inteligent level instead of bashing everyone. You are not God despite you desire to be!
    You explain your "twisting" comment ?
    So engage in the conversation openly or shut up.

PS: prove I'm not God One for the philosphy majors !!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Y
    PS: prove I'm not God One for the philosphy majors !!!!
    I am a positivist, who does not have to prove that something does not exist. You may want to prove that I am not a positivist though
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I am a positivist, who does not have to prove that something does not exist. You may want to prove that I am not a positivist though
    as soon as you prove to ME you exist
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

as soon as you prove to ME you exist
    Yes it was a tape that spoke to you over the phone.

Yes it was a tape that spoke to you over the phone.
    hard to tell with all the voices and people in my head talking to me ALL the time

hard to tell with all the voices and people in my head talking to me ALL the time
    and was it your number in the first place

and was it your number in the first place
    to end this 'mindplay' a quote from the ultimate .... http://village.vossnet.co.uk/b/beyreal/freeman.wav

to end this 'mindplay' a quote from the ultimate .... http://village.vossnet.co.uk/b/beyreal/freeman.wav
    by sending a link that does not work

by sending a link that does not work
    it does here
    are you sure it doesn't work and that your just not imagining/beleiving that it doesn't work

Could't find the quote where Matra said that he was God for this week (even with a smiley not a very fortunate statement) but coming back to the issue of hybrid power, I just noted that Volkswagen will combine a small diesel engine with an electro engine, which would probably beat the Prius economy hands down. I also noted that the diesel engines can be propelled very easily with rape-seed oil and need minor adjustments. Now I am not sure what the agricultural potential is to have a world wide shift, but it looks promising, certainly if the financial conditions are right.
    I think the Diesel got a bad name in the begining because the first engines were underpowered and produced a lot of emissions. They were almost forgotten and then reffined. They have made great advancements and people are again beaing able to realize their potential.

As far as Matra, I don't care how smart he thinks he is, that kind of Arogence only breeds ignorance. He's an idiot.

I got to get back to my carburator.

Then use your knowledge and talk about things on an inteligent level instead of bashing everyone. You are not God despite you desire to be!

As far as Matra, I don't care how smart he thinks he is, that kind of Arogence only breeds ignorance. He's an idiot.
    Seems to me that you don't have anything left to argue. Matra "owned" you with his comments and now all you do is trash talk.

There's a moment in which you realize that the person that you are talking to is right... and that you have to either agree or not visit the thread any longer.... is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    Seems to me that you don't have anything left to argue. Matra "owned" you with his comments and now all you do is trash talk.

There's a moment in which you realize that the person that you are talking to is right... and that you have to either agree or not visit the thread any longer.... is as simple as that.
    Right, he has done nothing but twist what I have said trying to be witty and insult me. He hasn't given an intelligent response to anything yet. Evidently opposing views and free speech are not allowed here. I gues that is why no one sticks around here.

Right, he has done nothing but twist what I have said trying to be witty and insult me. He hasn't given an intelligent response to anything yet. Evidently opposing views and free speech are not allowed here. I gues that is why no one sticks around here.
    no its why idiots dont stick around. matra knows a hell of a lot more than you ever will about cars.
    halo 2 - november 9

Thread Information