my first car, although I didn't officially own it, was an '87 Volkswagen Fox GL. that thing was built, boy. I never had any serious trouble with it, it was so damn sturdy. I actually didn't get my liscence until I was 18, because I wasn't sure about handling any car. however, both my parents (especially my father) are quite good drivers and taught me properly how to do things. 2 years later, I'm fairly well respected at work for being a good driver, especially with my relatively low experience (I'm 20.).

The first car that I actually bought, insured and genuinely own is my current car: an '86 Toyota MR2.

My Porsche, I'd just like to let you know that even with advanced driving courses, a 993 Porsche is definetely NOT a good first car. I know how it feels: There was this 944 for sale up the way when I first got my liscence that I wanted so bad, but it quickly became clear that learning to drive any car takes some practise. And I started out in a 90 HP FWD Volkswagen!

Trust me, you're better off buying an old crapper to build up your confidence in driving, as well as experience and ability. work your way UP to a Porsche. Hell, not only with my current car am I learning how to drive properly, and handle more extreme situations, I'm learning how to truly take car of my car, with something that... needs some attention, but isn't TOO fragile.

I wish more younger kids would take my route instead of getting the best all at once learning the hard way waaaay too soon.